whoosh!Cam - View/Share Your PC WebCam

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

19-Jun-2007_windows-mobile.jpg

19-Jun-2007_connected-large.jpg

Paul had found this app the other day and linked to it via Palringo. I had noticed there was only a PocketPC App, and although it installed on my Smartphone, it didnt seem to work on my Blackjack.

So, I quickly emailed the developers. Within minutes we were emailing back and forth resolving the problem and the next day there was an updated Windows Mobile 6 app available compatible on both PocketPCs and Smartphones. Now that's service!

whoosh!Cam Community Edition is a FREE PC application with matching Windows Mobile client (Java MIDP 2.0 client also available) that allows you to broadcast a PC connected webcam and view streaming video over the net via another PC or Windows Mobile phone.

Once connected, you can also text chat with the host from your mobile phone.

A nice additional feature on the PC side is the ability effectively use the program as a security cam where the program will email a photo to your phone if motion is detected. (Sensitivity is configurable in case you have critters running around!)

Thr program is free to use for personal/private use. The developer is still working on the image/streaming optimization as well as other enhancements.

If you are interested in the app, I strongly recommend making comments / suggestions to the developers as they are extremely responsive. (Nice to see these days!) I'll also direct them to this thread for questions posted here.

Guest nickcornaglia

SOME QUICK REQUESTS: (Quick for me to think up...not for you to do) :rolleyes:

1) It would be nice to broadcast from the phone itself. (With audio if possible)

2) A Web-Version where I could view over the web without the PC software being installed.

3) A Vista Sidebar gadget (would go with #2, I guess)

4) The ability to broadcast audio as well as video.

BUGS?:

When setting up the latest PC app, Connect camera is there. But once connected, doen't switch to disconnect camera. You must exit the application to do so.

This is weird.I am genuinely freaked out!

Now that i'm on web n walk i thought it would be great if i could monitor my home webcam from my phone.

As usual,if i want information on anything phone related i go straight to modaco.

This is on the first page!

Very spooky..... anyway,let's give it a go.

Quick edit just to say i've tried it and it is incredible! So easy to set up,works great on my vario2.

Edited by jph

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Whoosh Mobile

Many thanks for all the feedback

FYI

>It would be nice to broadcast from the phone itself

We have just released a new version that allows you to do just that - it's still experimental and not fully optimized yet, but hopefully you can have some fun with it.

A new user manual is available from

http://www.whooshcam.com/whooshcam-wm-user-manual.pdf

You can download the new software, which includes the mobile client and PC client from

http://www.whooshcam.com/whooshcam-windows.zip

Please send any bug reports to the support address on the website

>The ability to broadcast audio as well as video

Hopefully coming to you soon :)

Guest tokomoto

I love this program its awesome but there are a few things I am not sure how to use.

On the PC version of the software, there is no way to connect to a mobile phone to view it's camera correct?

Also, would i be possible to log in and out of users on the mobile phone? Right now we are stuck to the inital user we signed in as correct?

Again I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this program! I think you're an absolute GENIUS for thinking up this program! Please keep up the great work! I LOVE LOVE IT!

Many thanks for all the feedback

FYI

>It would be nice to broadcast from the phone itself

We have just released a new version that allows you to do just that - it's still experimental and not fully optimized yet, but hopefully you can have some fun with it.

A new user manual is available from

http://www.whooshcam.com/whooshcam-wm-user-manual.pdf

You can download the new software, which includes the mobile client and PC client from

http://www.whooshcam.com/whooshcam-windows.zip

Please send any bug reports to the support address on the website

>The ability to broadcast audio as well as video

Hopefully coming to you soon :)

Guest Whoosh Mobile

Thank you very much for your feedback.

The ability to connect from the PC to a mobile phone that is acting as a webcam is currently disabled ("View other cameras..." option) but will be enabled in a future version of the PC application.

Also thank you for your suggestion about being able to swap login details, other people have also asked for this, so that functionality will be added to the next release.

I love this program its awesome but there are a few things I am not sure how to use.

On the PC version of the software, there is no way to connect to a mobile phone to view it's camera correct?

Also, would i be possible to log in and out of users on the mobile phone? Right now we are stuck to the inital user we signed in as correct?

Again I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this program! I think you're an absolute GENIUS for thinking up this program! Please keep up the great work! I LOVE LOVE IT

• 1 month later...
Guest englefield

Great little app, love it. Was just wondering if you are working on a version where you can have public webcams? Would be great to say have my mobile setup at a gig streaming live and have people log into a web browser or the software and choose to view without adding them first etc.

Regards,

Tom.

• 11 months later...
Guest Whoosh Mobile

Whoosh Cam is no longer available to download and sorry to say that the service has been decomissioned.

As an alternative, you could try this app, which is free

http://www.ix-m.com

or give this a try if you want home surveillance with alerts sent to your WM device

http://www.inowcu.com/

Edited by Whoosh Mobile

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.