WinSXP skin... update!

Guest celsol

Guest cybercamel

Fantastic skin, but a slight problem for a techniphobe like me! I saved a photo as winspss1.jpg, it appears in the settings menu but not in the screensavers images to scroll down to. Also when I use it as my background image I have a white line across the top of the screen with all the icons missing (the G, baterry and signal strength) I presume that this is because the text is white. I'm sure my photo is the correct size, does all that make sense, can anyone help?

Guest celsol
Fantastic skin, but a slight problem for a techniphobe like me! I saved a photo as winspss1.jpg, it appears in the settings menu but not in the screensavers images to scroll down to. Also when I use it as my background image I have a white line across the top of the screen with all the icons missing (the G, baterry and signal strength) I presume that this is because the text is white. I'm sure my photo is the correct size, does all that make sense, can anyone help?

Where did you save the file ?

It shoud be in IPSMApplication DataHome dir.

Guest celsol
Yep, that's where I saved it, I notice that winspss1 is still there along with winspss1.jpg, which is mine.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:idea: make sure the file name is named in lower case.

:!: and re check the filename and that it has a .jpg suffix

Guest cybercamel

I do notice that the photo I have saved is the the only one that has a jpg suffix, all the others are just a name even though they are jpg's. Perhaps that is where I have gone wrong, I'll have a little play, cheers.

Guest aiwapro

I got my photo to display in the images part that you made.

However, when I try to put my image as the backgroung, instead of the default sky and hills picture, my picture shows on the idle screen (when you scroll all the way up on the desktop), but when I scroll down to select something from the start menu, the sky & hills picture comes back. Also, when at the idle state, there is a white bar across the top of the pic as the other user described. My question is, why can't I have the Start Menu and my pic on the screen at the same time. My picture is the correct size, as my pic doesn't cover up the start menu, but a white bar does?

Thanks.

Other than that, it's a great skin, and I think I'll keep it for a long time.

Guest celsol
I got my photo to display in the images part that you made.  

However, when I try to put my image as the backgroung, instead of the default sky and hills picture, my picture shows on the idle screen (when you scroll all the way up on the desktop), but when I scroll down to select something from the start menu, the sky & hills picture comes back.  Also, when at the idle state, there is a white bar across the top of the pic as the other user described.  My question is, why can't I have the Start Menu and my pic on the screen at the same time.  My picture is the correct size, as my pic doesn't cover up the start menu, but a white bar does?  

Thanks.  

Other than that, it's a great skin, and I think I'll keep it for a long time.

These cannot act as 'proper' backdrop images on the homescreen

so the best way to use them is as described in the readme :wink:

Until the plugins can support transparent gifs, not much can be done about this :cry:

Have no idea about this 'white bar' issue, have tried to replicate conditions

but I never get it :x is anyone else getting this :?:

Guest cybercamel

I think the white bar issue is because the the icon bar at the top takes into account the size of the backdrop which is 176x180. With celsol's Winxp the the icon bar isn't there, hence the white strip! And because the icons are in white you don't see them. You need to resize your image to 176x200 or 220 and then the icons will reappear. Hope that makes sense.

Guest cybercamel

Ok, I'm struggling now! When I've downloaded the template for whocall, and followed Midnight's instructions, what screen should come up when I call my phone, I appreciate that I haven't got any photo's yet. At the moment I'm still getting the normal screen! Not the screenshot with the download, help. Sorry to be a pain.

Guest celsol
Ok, I'm struggling now! When I've downloaded the template for whocall, and followed Midnight's instructions, what screen should come up when I call my phone, I appreciate that I haven't got any photo's yet. At the moment I'm still getting the normal screen! Not the screenshot with the download, help. Sorry to be a pain.

The template file is just an example and nothing will show up as is!

you will have to :arrow:

1. install and run the whocall application

2. use template>insert your pic>save as 'your tel No'.jpg in 'pict' folder.

Read the thread for the whocall app for more info

3. call yourself from the 'your tel No'

4. see your pic

5. smile, punch fist in air!

If you stll have problems, PM and i'll try to help

Celsol

Guest boden01

Celsol,

I just love this skin :lol: it is the best I have seen.

I have one small problem with it, when you press the power button to get the quick list to come up you cant see which of the profile options is selected. I think the colour used for the "tick" is white and this is also the colour for the background.

Any chance of a fix for this?

Keep up the good work.

Guest celsol

I was thinking about giving this theme yet another update,

I want to expand on the 'shortcuts', but want to include commonly

used non cert apps such as Smart Explorer, Task Manager etc.....

Any requests or suggestions please ?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest celsol
I have one small problem with it, when you press the power button to get the quick list to come up you cant see which of the profile options is selected.  I think the colour used for the "tick" is white and this is also the colour for the background.

Any chance of a fix for this?

Will do, on the errr update, Update :wink:

Guest glynton

Hi, I've been trying to have a crack at editing this Homepage so that i can see my calender entry for the day on the first page, but i really don't know what i'm doing. I'm guessing it's because it's a multipage skin. Whenever i add the Calender plugin underneath the clock and Carrier plug in it appears on a different page. All i want is to be able to view my calender on the first page but allow the rest of the skin to act normally. Is this possible??? (I tried my best)

Glynton

Guest Scoobyroo
I was thinking about giving this theme yet another update,  

I want to expand on the 'shortcuts', but want to include commonly  

used non cert apps such as Smart Explorer, Task Manager etc.....

Any requests or suggestions please ?

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Sorry, not a specific shortcut request but I would be interested in seeing a proper screen saver function. For example after 5 minutes, three rolling images will appear until you use phone again.

Great skin BTW, has just replaced Brushed 2 from my top spot! :lol:

Guest Richie M
I would be interested in seeing a proper screen saver function.  For example after 5 minutes, three rolling images will appear until you use phone again.

Great skin BTW, has just replaced Brushed 2 from my top spot!  :lol:

You can't do that with a Homescreen scooby ;) can only be done via a program or plug-in and no-one has come up with one (probably cos the battery would only last about half a day :shock:)

Celsol - i thhought about the same thing, shortcut to uncert apps, but there are so many i guess SmartExplorer & Task manager are fairly safe bets but you are only gonna get some people complain because they can't use a particular shortcut :roll:

Guest fraser

Here's a piece of advice for anyone making a home screen with shortcuts on it:

Don't link to the shortcuts in the Start Menu!!

Just link directly to the app in question instead. I don't know how anyone can use this phone without completely rearranging the Start Menu...the default layout makes no sense whatsoever.

Guest Richie M
Here's a piece of advice for anyone making a home screen with shortcuts on it:

Don't link to the shortcuts in the Start Menu!!

Just link directly to the app in question instead. I don't know how anyone can use this phone without completely rearranging the Start Menu...the default layout makes no sense whatsoever.

Yeah but when you do that you don't get the Icon :lol:

I tried doing it with my Longhorn SideBar Screen but you just get those question marks ;)

Guest glynton

Just thought i'd mention to everyone that i changed the first shortcut to IA Capture so that from now on, all i have to do is press down and action then voila, i'm taking pics!

Any response to my request of having a calender on the first page... that really would make this the best skin (not that it already is it's just some people are still a bit hooked on the Xbox theme).

Glynton.

Guest celsol
Sorry, not a specific shortcut request but I would be interested in seeing a proper screen saver function.  For example after 5 minutes, three rolling images will appear until you use phone again.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Errrmm... as Richie M said... :?

Just thought i'd mention to everyone that i changed the first shortcut to IA Capture so that from now on, all i have to do is press down and action then voila, i'm taking pics!

Any response to my request of having a calender on the first page... that really would make this the best skin (not that it already is it's just some people are still a bit hooked on the Xbox theme).

When you say on the first page, do you mean on the same page as the clock or the first item on the drop menu?

:idea: Have you considered changing the second shortcut to calender.

Let me finish the update and I will give it some attention.

Guest glynton

i actually meant that arranging it so that i can see up coming appointments on the first screen... with the clock and date on it.

by the way, i'm posting from my phone on modaco mobile! that is if my GPRS doesn't play up again, this is my third attempt!i actually meant that arranging it so that i can see up coming appointments on the first screen... with the clock and date on it.

by the way, i'm posting from my phone on modaco mobile! that is if my GPRS doesn't play up again, this is my third attempt!i actually meant that arranging it so that i can see up coming appointments on the first screen... with the clock and date on it.

by the way, i'm posting from my phone on modaco mobile! that is if my GPRS doesn't play up again, this is my third attempt!