Now you can watch VIDEOS in FULLSCREEN LANDSCAPE mode !!

Guest casper508

Guest casper508
I have tried tweaking the registry to increase the maximum height and width settings of media player, increased the gif file (the black background) and still no luck..

Changing registry setting havent made a BIT of a difference. Have you seen the max val on height and width?? FFFFFFFF !!!!! (32bits :? )

But still no luck there ;)

What we get is about 83% fullscreen.

Has anyone else tried ?

Cas

Guest casper508
If its "x,y,w,h", then it may be because it gets confused over where WMP thinks the title bar shold be (?).  Might not be any workaround for it otherwise as that is probably hard coded.

That's one theory anyway...

Thats my guess too. But I;m sure we CAN change any file after uncertification. If only i could find the right one! I dont want to ruin the mplayer, but i might try a hex edit on it. :twisted:

Cas

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Hmm heh, got a spare 64mb SD card so you can restore your phone when its screwed?

Even so, if that is the problem that's liekly to be your only choice...

Guest casper508
Hmm heh, got a spare 64mb SD card so you can restore your phone when its screwed?

Even so, if that is the problem that's liekly to be your only choice...

Yeap ive got a spare one ;) but the idea was to copy the exe to the PC, tweak it, rename it and copy back. But unfortunately we cant copy single exe's from ROM unless we do a full backup.

Anyways risky business ! :wink:

Cas

I’ve been working on a solution to the ”video in landscape” problem as well, but as long as the system info takes up the first 20 pixels, and the menu buttons takes up the last 20, what you’re left with is pretty much a square, and not much point in rotating that.

If anyone finds a way to use the full 220, like in the Pocket Slideshow, then there will be a good reason for spending hours rotating videos.

Just been doing a load of testing on this (casper508 I suspect you know most of this).

It seems the maximum video size that the media player will support is 176 (w) by 178(h) regardless of the orientation of the source. The minimum value for the top of the video is 20.

To get the maximum amount of video you need to encode at 176 x 178. The only problem being your aspect ratio will be messed up so (assuming you have rotated first) everyone will be tall and thin. This gives you 2 options:

1) Keep everyone tall and thin

2) Encode at 176 x 234 and loose stuff on the right of the picture.

3) Encode at 176x220 which compromises a bit of both.

As we have discovered, the top 20 pixles cannot have video so we could use it to add a status bar. I am going to look into this now.

As Slohr pointed out this leaves the display virtually square so there is limited advantage rotating. For those of you not up on video, a standard display ratio is 4x3 or slightly wider than taller.

Ok, this is the simple way to implement this. Get the advanced media skin from Chris Benjaminsen:

http://www.lol.dk/spv/mediaplayer-advanced.zip

Edit the wmplayer.skn file. Got the section :

[ Video ]

//

// ----------

and change it to:

[ Video ]

//

// ----------

This gives you the largest video area and you still have a full display for audio files.

You still have to rotate you videos using either of the packages metioned earlier.

Can someone add a link of a picture so i can see wat it looks like befor i attampt it please thanks in advance

I have the picture but no way to post it to the forum.

Firaas i just followed the instructions from pg2. I have managed to rotate the video and get it the right size on windows media encoder, then i made a black background and copied that code from page 2 to note book then saved it as any name then i copied both the black screen and the code. But none of it worked although the video s in landscape what do i have to do?

J1A1H, try my simpler method.

Ok, this is the simple way to implement this. Get the advanced media skin from Chris Benjaminsen:

http://www.lol.dk/spv/mediaplayer-advanced.zip

Edit the wmplayer.skn file. Got the section :

[ Video ]

//  

//  ----------

and change it to:

[ Video ]

//  

//  ----------

This gives you the largest video area and you still have a full display for audio files.

You still have to rotate you videos using either of the packages metioned earlier.

Thank you very much, but i am not sure what to copy into windows. i got quite a lot of stuff from that link?

Everything other than README.txt (editing wmplayer.skn first as shown above).

• 2 months later...
Guest mark_hunter

Code:

[Pocket WMP Skin File v8.1]

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[ Bitmaps ]

//

// ------ ----------- -----

Background wmplayer.gif 0,0

Disabled disabled.gif 0,0

Pushed pushed.gif 0,0

Region wmplayer.gif 0,0

Super wmplayer.gif 0,0

[ Video ]

//

// ----------

[ Buttons ]

//

// ---------- ------ ------------ ---------------- --------------- ----------- ------------------ ------------------

[ Status ]

[ Text ]

[ Marquis ]

// ---------- ------ ------- ------------------------

[ Trackbars ]

how do i put this code in? soz i ve neverr done anything like this

Guest casper508

Here you go. Just use this file.

But i must say you're better off using the PocketMVP.

Cas

.skn extention not allowed. :oops: Check below.