Alarm manager

Guest cork

Hi,

I need an Alarm Manager that can be set to different times, at different days.

Eg. Mondag 0630 and Sunday 0900. Every week.

Any suggestions?

I prefer freeware, but I really need this app so commercial is also an option.

Thanks.

Guest conan_troutman

goto www.handago.com or www.smartphone.net search alarms they have some free ware and some that aren't

the two best market ones for me are JCalerts and CodyCity alarms

Autoflight has alarm feature biut its limited to how many you may have but it is still a great applet

Guest Amplificator
Are these an option?

Alarm Master

CT AlarmClock Lite

Snooze Alarm

(Middle of the page, under ""convenience"")

Or CityTim alarms. I use it, and it works great. CityTime

I've been using CodeCity Alarms for a long time, but since the switch to Wm6 and version 2.0.0 og the program I have not been able to have the alarm sound repeat. It only plays once.

Is there some special setting I need for it to repeat?

I've already set the options for repeat to 99999, but it still doesn't work.

Guest Amplificator
set it to repeat 1 that fixed it for me also make sure its set to "persistent"

I can get that to work with some sounds, but the "Ring-WindowsMobile.wav" is the tone I want but it doesn't work with that?

I've written a mail to the developer to see if it's a known problem that repeat doesn't work.

Guest Amplificator
I use a song as alarm. So no need for the repeat. Maybe that is a solution?

The "Ring-WindowsMobile.wav" is very nice I think.. I'll do whatever it takes to get it working :)

I'll be waiting an answer from the developer.

It seems that it's a bug since I'm not the only one.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest conan_troutman

can you psot the wav file here as all my files play loop after loop after loop...and i beta tested teh new 2.0 so know a little about getting things to work as i need them

Guest Amplificator
can you psot the wav file here as all my files play loop after loop after loop...and i beta tested teh new 2.0 so know a little about getting things to work as i need them

Here's the file, copied directly from my device.

http://www.ampcore.dk/Ring-WindowsMobile%20.wma

Version 2.0.0 is not in beta anymore, if you havn't noticed.

I used the beta versions too when I had my old Qtek with WM6, but switched to the final 2.0.0 when I got my S710.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest conan_troutman

the problem is the length of the file the program only loops files that are under 3 seconds...I will see if the is a reg edit to resolve it if not it will ne something that the makers will have to change as tit will be implimented in the code

appears this statment is wrong it will loop longer files if you set them right...does have trouble with long wma files though.

for solution see below

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest conan_troutman

ok I have it working...first open up codecity alarms and goto setting and make it the default sound second make the number of loops 1 then save

now when setting the alarm keep the sound and loops set as default.

also i recoded the file to MP3 as attached worked for me on all three test alarms

Ring_WindowsMobile_.mp3

persona;;y I would edit it to be shorter but it loops over and over with these settings

Guest Amplificator
ok I have it working...first open up codecity alarms and goto setting and make it the default sound second make the number of loops 1 then save

now when setting the alarm keep the sound and loops set as default.

also i recoded the file to MP3 as attached worked for me on all three test alarms

Ring_WindowsMobile_.mp3

persona;;y I would edit it to be shorter but it loops over and over with these settings

It doesn't loop for me.. I go to the settings menu and choose the file and set loop to 1, then create a new alarm and listen to the sample alarm, no effect.

I can reccomend Oxios Alarms 1.31 it is really easy, with 3 alarms you can set any day for all 3 alarms, the best of them all because of its simplicity and it works with the build in alarm, so you can see in your home screen that the alarm is set (have not seen this on any other alarm app).

Is is not expensive, about $5, money well spend if you ask me, and have tried every alarm/watch app out there for smartphones.

Guest conan_troutman
It doesn't loop for me.. I go to the settings menu and choose the file and set loop to 1, then create a new alarm and listen to the sample alarm, no effect

the sample alarm does not play it but set an alarm for 1 minute away and you will hear it loud and clear...I never use the sample alarm as it has never worked for any sounds over 3 seconds long.

trust me the alarms will sound....please please set an alarm and try it do not rely on the sample test

I can reccomend Oxios Alarms 1.31 it is really easy, with 3 alarms you can set any day for all 3 alarms, the best of them all because of its simplicity and it works with the build in alarm, so you can see in your home screen that the alarm is set (have not seen this on any other alarm app).

for a few dollars more you can buy codecity or JCalerts and get unlimited alarms the ability to change profiles at set times do soft reboots at set times and switch BT profile at set time and both show the next upcomning alarm in the calendar plugin on the home page and with in the calendar its self so you know its set and you know which is next.

so oxios really isn't worth its money....you should have asked for kiss when you bought it seeing how you let them Scr** you

ps as someone who has tried them all let me say this...if you want style and great features go for codecity if you want basic styling not too fussed about the install being a little on the haevy side then go for JC alerts ( omnisoft ) it is far superior to any other for functionality and added extras...and as JC will be going native shortly the large install will reduce and it should get anice interface...i use both cos I like codecityfor every day nut JCs for the added extra like sending SMS (no codecity doesn't work even the makers say it doesn't and they forgot to remove the option) and alerts after synching with PC

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest Amplificator
the sample alarm does not play it but set an alarm for 1 minute away and you will hear it loud and clear...I never use the sample alarm as it has never worked for any sounds over 3 seconds long.

trust me the alarms will sound....please please set an alarm and try it do not rely on the sample test

Still not working even if I set it to an actual alarm (no sample)

Guest Amplificator
plays on mine...are you using the mp3 version i created?

Yes.

Placed it in My Documents on the phone itself.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest conan_troutman

it must be something limited by WM6 then and not the program as it works fine on both my WM5 and WM2K3 devices...

Sorry I can't helpmore

for a few dollars more you can buy codecity or JCalerts and get unlimited alarms the ability to change profiles at set times do soft reboots at set times and switch BT profile at set time and both show the next upcomning alarm in the calendar plugin on the home page and with in the calendar its self so you know its set and you kno

w which is next.

so oxios really isn't worth its money....you should have asked for kiss when you bought it seeing how you let them Scr** you

ps as someone who has tried them all let me say this...if you want style and great features go for codecity if you want basic styling not too fussed about the install being a little on the haevy side then go tfor JC alerts ( omnisoft ) it is far superior to any other for functionality and added extras...and as JC will be going native shortly the large install will reduce and it should get anice interface...i use both cos I like codecityfor every day nut JCs for the added extra like sending SMS (no codecity doesn't work even the makers say it doesn't and they forgot to remove the option) and alerts after synching with PC

Like said, have tried them all, and have several alarm managers installed, but the oxios is the one i use every day despite the many functions and so on other alarm managers have, don't really care, just vants to set the alarm fast and easy and the oxios is the best for just that imo.