IMEI CHECK .co.uk PROBLEM?!

Guest moham_i

Guest moham_i

Well i decided that I would go ahead and unlock my E650 to all networks so i can use my previous O2 sim, so i paid them and downloaded the software. I tried to run it and basically it said...

ERROR: you dont have ADMIN rights on this computer... and that it needs admin rights to access the phone via usb.

I've sent them an email, so see what happens. Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem is because I am the admin of my laptop, no other 'users' go on it!

:) lol

Guest UndeadDevil
Well i decided that I would go ahead and unlock my E650 to all networks so i can use my previous O2 sim, so i paid them and downloaded the software. I tried to run it and basically it said...

ERROR: you dont have ADMIN rights on this computer... and that it needs admin rights to access the phone via usb.

I've sent them an email, so see what happens. Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem is because I am the admin of my laptop, no other 'users' go on it!

:) lol

I was under the impression that all Windows Mobile Phones could be unlocked for free by something called SuperCID and that all paid services just copied this and charge.

Hopefully you will get a decent answere out of them. Are you using Windows Vista?

Guest Neil5459
I was under the impression that all Windows Mobile Phones could be unlocked for free by something called SuperCID and that all paid services just copied this and charge.

Hopefully you will get a decent answere out of them. Are you using Windows Vista?

SuperCID and other forum based unlockers don't work in the same way as IMEI-Check, which is why they make a charge- they use a similar technology to the mobile operators themselves, which doesn't involve flashing the Radio ROM.

Most of the forum based unlockers work by flashing the Radio ROM, which in most cases works OK, but we have had problems with the P3600 devices beacuse the flashed radio ROM's disable the GPS, therefore needing another Radio update. Some people also find that their SIM remains locked after supposedly unlocking.

You pays yer money..... :)

Guest Confucious

Imei-check are very good. Their are certain phones which can't be unlocked for free (Monet, Athena etc) which imei-check can do.

You haven't said what OS you are using. Have you tried logging on as admin?

Guest moham_i

I have windows XP, I got an email from them.

''Hello,

please disable all antivirus/firewall software while unlocking cause they restrict the access to the usb for our unlocker and that's why it reports that you don't have admin access.

Regards,''

Ive disable my norton, and firewall however still get the same error message?!

Guest moham_i
Imei-check are very good. Their are certain phones which can't be unlocked for free (Monet, Athena etc) which imei-check can do.

Guest moham_i

Guest moham_i

Guest Confucious

You quoted me 3 times... That's nice....

Do you have another computer you could try it on? Sounds like something is still blocking your USB port, another email to imei-check would prob not go amis eithe.

Guest moham_i
You quoted me 3 times... That's nice....

Do you have another computer you could try it on? Sounds like something is still blocking your USB port, another email to imei-check would prob not go amis eithe.

Yeh im not sure how that happend?! Yeh going to try it on another computer. See what happens, wish I knew what was blocking it though as I only have 1 comp.

Guest Confucious

A pain isn't it? You've tried the obvious - other things work on USB, you are not using a hub etc?

What firewall are you using? I vaguly remember one case where a firewall was disabled but something (I can't remember what) still didn't work, it was only by uninstalling the firewall that it worked .

Guest moham_i
A pain isn't it? You've tried the obvious - other things work on USB, you are not using a hub etc?

What firewall are you using? I vaguly remember one case where a firewall was disabled but something (I can't remember what) still didn't work, it was only by uninstalling the firewall that it worked .

No not using a hub, im using good old norton anti virus, might consider uninstalling it then intalling it again as i have the cd.

Or might just go round to a mates house, lol.

Was urs norton, when u had to uninstall it?

Guest Confucious

It wasn't me that had to do it - I have a hardware firewall, not that keen on Norton (gone downhill since Peter sold out to Symantic IMHO) - if you do uninstall make sure you are not conected to the internet! But as it is something you will only have to do once then a mates house might just be an easier option!

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Guest ftg888

I had some problems with imeicheck but god they are smart, then emailed me

detailed directions and coached me through it. so for 20 quid u get your help,

support, and an unlocked/cid mobile... im very happy with their service.