Sync with 2 PCs and 2 separate contact lists?

Guest simkin101

Guest simkin101

I've got a brand new HTC Mogul with WM6Pro. I use Windows Vista with Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile Device Center to sync.

I want to use my phone with two different computers, but I want to keep the contact list and calendar entries completely separate. Is this even possible? Basically, I want my phone to have a combination of the 2 lists, but I want each computer to have only its own respective list.

I work 2 jobs, and I want to coordinate my schedule at both places with my phone, but when I sync with Outlook at both job sites, I don't want to get info from the other job downloaded into Outlook for the current job.

I used to use ActiveSync and it had an option to only syncronize certain categories. I don't see this feature in Windows Mobile Device Center.

Example of what I'm trying to achieve:

COMPUTER #1 should have:

CONTACTS WITH CATEGORY "Business 1"

CALENDAR ENTRIES WITH CATEGORY "Business 1"

COMPUTER #2 should have (only):

CONTACTS WITH CATEGORY "Business 2"

CALENDAR ENTRIES WITH CATEGORY "Business 2"

And my PHONE should have:

CONTACTS WITH CATEGORY "Business 1" and "Business 2"

CALENDAR ENTRIES WITH CATEGORY "Business 1" and "Business 2"

Any suggestions?

Guest conan_troutman

yes it is possible...take your phone back and buy a WM2003 device as only that has category filtering.

don't ask me why as the operating systems got better the features got worse but they did.

Guest simkin101
yes it is possible...take your phone back and buy a WM2003 device as only that has category filtering.

don't ask me why as the operating systems got better the features got worse but they did.

Wow... that's pretty interesting. I plugged my WM2003 phone in and checked the sync settings. I was thinking that the change was from Active Sync to the new Windows Mobile Device Center. But you're absolutely right! They took that feature right out! That's crazy.

I'm not going to switch back now, though. I'll deal with it. What about this thing called PocketMirror (or something like that). Does that have category filtering? I might give it a try if it does.

Was category filtering missing in WM5 also?