Solved:VoIP on WM6, Searching.... then No Service

Guest UndeadDevil

Guest UndeadDevil

I signed up for a free VoIP Account at http://www.sipgate.co.uk because they give you a free local incoming phone number and have spent all afternoon trying to get it to work. It keeps saying No Service after about 2 minutes of saying Searching. It does this on both WiFi and 3G/HSDPA (Its doing something because I get the H and then goes back to 3G when it switches to No Service)

Has anyone got this to work? I'm running Black Magik (I've installed the VoIP fix)

Heres my XML Config file that I created from this guide (I have * my username and password)

[/codebox]

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest mjaaron
I signed up for a free VoIP Account at http://www.sipgate.co.uk because they give you a free local incoming phone number and have spent all afternoon trying to get it to work. It keeps saying No Service after about 2 minutes of saying Searching. It does this on both WiFi and 3G/HSDPA (Its doing something because I get the H and then goes back to 3G when it switches to No Service)

Has anyone got this to work? I'm running Black Magik (I've installed the VoIP fix)

Which Web'n'Walk tariff are you on?

EDIT: Forget the above question as you said it doesn't work via Wi-Fi either...

Try re-inputting the settings using the SIP Config Tool here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=303493

That fixed my Sipgate issues.

Edited by mjaaron

Guest UndeadDevil
Which Web'n'Walk tariff are you on?

EDIT: Forget the above question as you said it doesn't work via Wi-Fi either...

Try re-inputting the settings using the SIP Config Tool here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=303493

That fixed my Sipgate issues.

I'm on Web'n'Walk Plus + VPN.T-Mobile.uk access point (Gives you a real IP address so theres no NAT)

I've tried with the SIP Config Tool and it doesn't work. with the SIP Config Tool it doesn't ever say Searching..., allways just No Service.

Guest UndeadDevil

I have now flashed to Schaps ROM, its so much faster than Black Majik and better in many ways, but also worse in may ways.

It has fixed this issue completly. It now instantly goes to SIPGate: Available (I'm using it for incoming calls only really so set it to Whenever Cell is not Avaliable)

Should also mention im using it via Web'N'Walk Plus

But now I have a new issue!!!

Theres no sound in calls, neither person can hear.

Edit: Solved that aswell, I wasn't using the VPN Gateway and when I set that up suddenly calls started working fine. In fact soo well I'm impressed and can't notice the difference between a normal GSM and VoIP call.

Edited by UndeadDevil

Guest mjaaron
I have now flashed to Schaps ROM, its so much faster than Black Majik and better in many ways, but also worse in may ways.

It has fixed this issue completly. It now instantly goes to SIPGate: Available (I'm using it for incoming calls only really so set it to Whenever Cell is not Avaliable)

Should also mention im using it via Web'N'Walk Plus

But now I have a new issue!!!

Theres no sound in calls, neither person can hear.

Edit: Solved that aswell, I wasn't using the VPN Gateway and when I set that up suddenly calls started working fine. In fact soo well I'm impressed and can't notice the difference between a normal GSM and VoIP call.

I'm using it with Black Majic. The only problem I have is a slight delay on speech of about 1 second or so. Do you have that? Also, is the VPN gateway you mention one you have setup yourself? I currently have basic T-Mobile settings without the useless proxy...

Guest UndeadDevil
I'm using it with Black Majic. The only problem I have is a slight delay on speech of about 1 second or so. Do you have that? Also, is the VPN gateway you mention one you have setup yourself? I currently have basic T-Mobile settings without the useless proxy...

Sorry for the delay, trust me this should help your delay issue:

The VPN Gateway must be activated by T-Mobile. To get it you must be talking to there High-Level Team (Basic team will fob you off when asking for it!)

Say you need VPN access to connect to a Microsoft PPTP VPN (The only one they will give it for as it requires a public IP Address)

Once you have it change your gateway settings from general.t-mobile.uk to vpn.t-mobile.uk and reconnect. You will now have a Public IP address with no NAT blocking incoming connections, this will extreamly improve VoIP. As well as the general speed improvements (Not to mention that fact that if you use your Laptop/PC to connect you can run servers, torrents, ect)

The way I found it, without the VPN i could hear and speak on outgoing calls but received calls where silent. Is this the same issue you are having? If so the above will solve it.