Contacts images

Guest Gladiator26

Guest Gladiator26

Can anyone please tell me if there is a tweak/settings to display the image of a contact when he/she is calling you in a bigger size format? currently, when I receive a call from a person whom picture I have stored it appears in a very tiny display and it's really handy if you identify a caller by his picture rather than looking at the number.

Thank you and I hope my English is clear enough for you to understand me.

Regards,

Gladiator

Guest MadSci
Can anyone please tell me if there is a tweak/settings to display the image of a contact when he/she is calling you in a bigger size format? currently, when I receive a call from a person whom picture I have stored it appears in a very tiny display and it's really handy if you identify a caller by his picture rather than looking at the number.

Thank you and I hope my English is clear enough for you to understand me.

Regards,

Gladiator

Welcome to the Forum Glad.

Regrettably this is a 'feature' of WM5 that has bothered everyone. I understand that the picture size has been increased slightly in WM6, but not enough to satisfy the Reviewers I have read.

The best solution seems to be a Caller ID-Picture third-party application. There are several that work quite well. I use PhotoContacts and am pretty pleased with it, although it is a bit pricey. I have over 2200 Contacts in my phone, and about 50 of them have photos associated with them. Thankfully the BlackJack has the processor and memory power to scan this long list and still get the PhotoContact page with full screen picture up in time to be useful. If you have only a few hundred Contacts I expect it would be very fast.

Try looking around the software part of this forum for more advise. you can usually download 'Demo' versions of these programs from sites such as Handango to see if you like the program before buying.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers!

MadSci

Guest MadSci
Welcome to the Forum Glad.

Regrettably this is a 'feature' of WM5 that has bothered everyone. I understand that the picture size has been increased slightly in WM6, but not enough to satisfy the Reviewers I have read.

The best solution seems to be a Caller ID-Picture third-party application. There are several that work quite well. I use PhotoContacts and am pretty pleased with it, although it is a bit pricey. I have over 2200 Contacts in my phone, and about 50 of them have photos associated with them. Thankfully the BlackJack has the processor and memory power to scan this long list and still get the PhotoContact page with full screen picture up in time to be useful. If you have only a few hundred Contacts I expect it would be very fast.

Try looking around the software part of this forum for more advise. you can usually download 'Demo' versions of these programs from sites such as Handango to see if you like the program before buying.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers!

MadSci

Glad: over at Smartphone Thoughts there si a nice, brief discussion that includes screen shots with the picture sizes in WM5 & 6 shown.

Find it here: http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/articles...on=expand,14853

Cheers!

MadSci

• 2 months later...
Guest Gladiator26

Thank you all for your replies. I am sorry it took this long to thank you, but I just got back from a very long vacation. I appreicate your inputs. I will try the photo software and will let you know.

Cheers