Trying to use my phone as an mp3 player...

Guest jra2k

Guest jra2k

I've been reading through the topics, "but I still haven't found what I'm looking for"...

I've bought 2,5mm-->3,5mm jack to connect my phone to a 3,5mm-->3,5mm cable to put in my AUX in of my stereo, problem is that it only plays mono (only sound on the left side, and yes, my fade/balance settings are correct on my receiver :) )

Is this a problem with the phone or with the jack or maybe even the cable? When using the standard headset that comes with the phone both sides have sound.

Guest conan_troutman

more than likely it is your adapter make sure it has an adapter that allows for stereo and Mic feature does not matter if the lead you connect into it has a mic or not but the adapter must beabe to accomodate one should it have one, then you will get a nice stereo sound

Guest jra2k
more than likely it is your adapter make sure it has an adapter that allows for stereo and Mic feature does not matter if the lead you connect into it has a mic or not but the adapter must beabe to accomodate one should it have one, then you will get a nice stereo sound

thanks,

been fiddling around with the connector and when I pull the 3,5mm jack out of the 2,5mm<->3,5mm adapter for about 2cm the sounds is perfect,connector stays nice and tight in the adapter so it'll do fine.

Guest diggerbucket
thanks,

been fiddling around with the connector and when I pull the 3,5mm jack out of the 2,5mm<->3,5mm adapter for about 2cm the sounds is perfect,connector stays nice and tight in the adapter so it'll do fine.

What you are doing there is just bridging the internal connection so you're just hearing one channel but through both headphones. So you have sound on both sides but it's not stereo.

Guest tobbbie

Be careful with 2.5 mm adapters, it seems there are 3 versions out there:

- (most) HTC: straight connected 2,5 <-> 3,5 each ring is connected to the same on the other end

- Motorola: shifted connected 2,5 first ring (tip of the male 2,5 connector) is microphone, L,R,G follow up

- Nokia Mono: cannot be used in any useful way

Not sure about the 3.rd, but Motorola is popular and will not work with most HTC devices.

If you have an OHM-Meter, plug in your headphones put them on your head (check the noise volume off-head before), connect the adaptor and measure the connection (Range 0-200 ohm) between the rings on the 2.5 jack. You should hear:

- Upper-Ring <-> Tip: left channel noise

- Upper-Ring <-> one-after-Tip: right channel noise

bye

tobbbie

:-)