SNES Emulators and Sound

Guest HeXeDOSOK

Guest HeXeDOSOK
well im sure XCPUScalar will add support to it soon after it's out. according to pdadb though they call it a samsung processor. why isnt it called a qualcomm processor? the 8528/TyTN had a samsung processor and it had a qualcomm chip, just not as good of one, and XCPUScalar worked with it. wouldnt you think XCPUScalar would already be compatible with the kaiser then?

I have a feeling the XCPUScalar issue is complicated because the processor in the Mogul is a dual core processor. 400MHz ARM 11 for PDA OS and applications, and 174MHz for phone. I would assume this would be a little trickier than usual.

I have seen a few ealier specs of the Kaiser claiming a 400MHz Samsung. On all of the other "Reviews" of the Kaiser, they are showing the Qualcomm MSM7200. I wouldn't understand why they would go backwards by going with the same processor that is in the Cingular 8525 or the TyTN. This processor apparently has better benchmarks than a 650MHz Intel XScale.

the 8528/TyTN has a Samsung SC32442A processor, but for the phone has a Qualcomm chipset. The Mogul phone has a dual core chipset that operates the phone AND the OS/Apps. The Kaiser has the same, but different chip. The Mogul uses the MSM7500 (400/133 or 174) and the Kaiser uses the MSM7200 (400/280). Apparently the MSM7200's ARM 9 processor that is in the Kaiser is better for phone functions, and tethering to a laptop due to it's better speeds. There is a possibility that Samsung is the 3rd party that makes the 400MHz ARM 11 chip on the Kaiser, but I see nothing to indicate that in the data sheets. Even if it is, it might not be the SC32442A. Regardless, The Kaiser's performance is pretty much on par with the Mogul in benchmarks, but has some perks that look better than the Mogul.

I really hope they get a overclocking utility, or some optimized emulators for Qualcomm CPU's. They were making a big stink about the fact that the MSM7500 is the first Qualcomm CPU for Windows mobile 6 devices.. I dunno if that makes the ARM11 in the Mogul a Qualcomm manufactured CPU, and the MSM7200 being a Samsung manufactured CPU.

• 1 month later...
I have a feeling the XCPUScalar issue is complicated because the processor in the Mogul is a dual core processor. 400MHz ARM 11 for PDA OS and applications, and 174MHz for phone. I would assume this would be a little trickier than usual.

I have seen a few ealier specs of the Kaiser claiming a 400MHz Samsung. On all of the other "Reviews" of the Kaiser, they are showing the Qualcomm MSM7200. I wouldn't understand why they would go backwards by going with the same processor that is in the Cingular 8525 or the TyTN. This processor apparently has better benchmarks than a 650MHz Intel XScale.

the 8528/TyTN has a Samsung SC32442A processor, but for the phone has a Qualcomm chipset. The Mogul phone has a dual core chipset that operates the phone AND the OS/Apps. The Kaiser has the same, but different chip. The Mogul uses the MSM7500 (400/133 or 174) and the Kaiser uses the MSM7200 (400/280). Apparently the MSM7200's ARM 9 processor that is in the Kaiser is better for phone functions, and tethering to a laptop due to it's better speeds. There is a possibility that Samsung is the 3rd party that makes the 400MHz ARM 11 chip on the Kaiser, but I see nothing to indicate that in the data sheets. Even if it is, it might not be the SC32442A. Regardless, The Kaiser's performance is pretty much on par with the Mogul in benchmarks, but has some perks that look better than the Mogul.

I really hope they get a overclocking utility, or some optimized emulators for Qualcomm CPU's. They were making a big stink about the fact that the MSM7500 is the first Qualcomm CPU for Windows mobile 6 devices.. I dunno if that makes the ARM11 in the Mogul a Qualcomm manufactured CPU, and the MSM7200 being a Samsung manufactured CPU.

yes im sure it will be supported. first there was Xscale and ARM overclocking, and then came the samsung processors and people would say it cant be overclocked, itl destory your device, it aint gonna happened. but it then was supported, so im sure samsung/Qualcomm processors will be supported. and yes, i like the fact the kaiser is faster than 650mhz intel Xscale =)

(...)and yes, i like the fact the kaiser is faster than 650mhz intel Xscale =)

muaaahahahahaha, what?

just launch gxmark and COMPARE with OLD a620bt plz.

mikeeeey, who sold you that b#%$^it...about "fact".

Edited by nothin

muaaahahahahaha, what?

just launch gxmark and COMPARE with OLD a620bt plz.

mikeeeey, who sold you that b#%$^it...about "fact".

the kaiser is fast, check this out. it's up there with the Dell Axim X51v.

post-197656-1189478994_thumb.png

the kaiser is fast, check this out. it's up there with the Dell Axim X51v.

i said:

do the gxmark benchmark, not spb "new machines promo methods" software.

plz.

look i am not noob, so do me a favor.

Edited by nothin

i said:

do the gxmark benchmark, not spb "new machines promo methods" software.

plz.

look i am not noob, so do me a favor.

ive always looked up to the spb benchmark, ive always liked it. so is there somewhere that shows the kaiser's results with the gxmark benchmark? of corse i cant do it, i dont have the phone.

ive always looked up to the spb benchmark, ive always liked it. so is there somewhere that shows the kaiser's results with the gxmark benchmark? of corse i cant do it, i dont have the phone.

it doesn't matter where IS JPEG with table, jesus christ... i want you to give me your score...

but ok, i do not care ..if you just cannot do that for me.

it doesn't matter where IS JPEG with table, jesus christ... i want you to give me your score...

but ok, i do not care ..if you just cannot do that for me.

what do your mean? i dont have a kaiser. ;)