• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

muude

muude

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Is there a reg tweak that will disable the autorun on my SD? I have an install file on my mem card and everytime I put it into my phone (or my phone goes below 10% power) it starts an annoying install.

So any way to disable it?

"Is this thing on?!"

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, Kaiser
an idea could be to rename the offending file, e.g. xxxx.exe_old, or something like that?

muude

muude

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Tried both renaming it and deleting it, but that just made the program stop working.. So that's a no-go :)

"Is this thing on?!"

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
What is it? Most autorun files are just install files which only need to be run once and are usually (always?) in a directory called 2577.
Have you tried renaming the 2577 directory to something else? (I use 2578) which will stop it autorunning.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

muude

muude

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Hmm.. nevermind.. It pissed me off, so I found another program to replace it :-P

"Is this thing on?!"

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
What was the program? If it p!ssed you off it will others so we might as well see if we can figure out how to stop it autorunning anyway.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

j.moghisi

j.moghisi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What was the program? If it p!ssed you off it will others so we might as well see if we can figure out how to stop it autorunning anyway.

make the autorun.exe in \Windows read only......Autorun should stop working now.

Also, I would recommend writing your own customised Autorun as I have. Makes life so much simpler...
http://opennetcf.com...55/Default.aspx

cya

dolpher

dolpher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

make the autorun.exe in \Windows read only......Autorun should stop working now.

Also, I would recommend writing your own customised Autorun as I have. Makes life so much simpler...
http://opennetcf.com...55/Default.aspx

cya

I have the same problem with Garmin Mobile XT....it keeps poping up even though the SD have not been out of the phone after the first install from the card.

dolpher

dolpher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I have the same problem with Garmin Mobile XT....it keeps poping up even though the SD have not been out of the phone after the first install from the card.

On my Garmin Mobile SD card it seems to work by renaming folder "2577". After the renaming I have not experienced unwanted start of the program.

CNA51083

CNA51083

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:motor boat <br />pda
  • Devices:asus P535 / glofiish v900
just take off the " 2577 " file
you don't need it to run garmin mobile xt
it's only necessary to install the software ... that'it

On my Garmin Mobile SD card it seems to work by renaming folder "2577". After the renaming I have not experienced unwanted start of the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users