Disable autorun on SD-card?

Guest muude

Guest muude

Is there a reg tweak that will disable the autorun on my SD? I have an install file on my mem card and everytime I put it into my phone (or my phone goes below 10% power) it starts an annoying install.

So any way to disable it?

Guest Confucious

What is it? Most autorun files are just install files which only need to be run once and are usually (always?) in a directory called 2577.

Have you tried renaming the 2577 directory to something else? (I use 2578) which will stop it autorunning.

Guest Confucious

What was the program? If it p!ssed you off it will others so we might as well see if we can figure out how to stop it autorunning anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest j.moghisi
What was the program? If it p!ssed you off it will others so we might as well see if we can figure out how to stop it autorunning anyway.

make the autorun.exe in \Windows read only......Autorun should stop working now.

Also, I would recommend writing your own customised Autorun as I have. Makes life so much simpler...

http://opennetcf.com/FreeSoftware/AutoRunM...55/Default.aspx

cya

• 7 months later...
Guest dolpher
make the autorun.exe in \Windows read only......Autorun should stop working now.

Also, I would recommend writing your own customised Autorun as I have. Makes life so much simpler...

http://opennetcf.com/FreeSoftware/AutoRunM...55/Default.aspx

cya

I have the same problem with Garmin Mobile XT....it keeps poping up even though the SD have not been out of the phone after the first install from the card.

Guest dolpher
I have the same problem with Garmin Mobile XT....it keeps poping up even though the SD have not been out of the phone after the first install from the card.

On my Garmin Mobile SD card it seems to work by renaming folder "2577". After the renaming I have not experienced unwanted start of the program.

• 6 months later...
Guest CNA51083

just take off the " 2577 " file

you don't need it to run garmin mobile xt

it's only necessary to install the software ... that'it

On my Garmin Mobile SD card it seems to work by renaming folder "2577". After the renaming I have not experienced unwanted start of the program.