Bluetooth stereo sounds distorted

Guest Elijah2104

Guest Elijah2104

Hello

I've just got my new toy (HTC S710) and so far I've found it to be an excellent phone. I also bought a pair of Sony DR-BT30Q bluetooth headphones with it which work a treat except the sound could be a lot better.

I'm certain there have been other posts about this but I can't find them at the moment, and I have to rush out.

Has anyone else experience less than good quality sound from a similar setup? I've been looking to see if there are any bluetooth or ROM upgrades available but I can't find any so far.

Currently my ROM is v1.15.405.2. I don't know what my BT version is as I can't find where it tells me (I only got it at lunchtime today).

Oh, one other thing, I've only tried it with windows media player so far, I've not installed TCPMP to see if that's any better, but I would suspect not (especially as the wired headphones sounded ok).

Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest OzzMosiz

Elijah,

You got the DR-BT30Q cheap on play.com too huh?

I've been running mine on my Orange M700 (WM6- Pdaviet02.07.06PV - Radio 1.38.00.11) and I do notice a faint almost crackly sound.

Guest Elijah2104
Elijah,

You got the DR-BT30Q cheap on play.com too huh?

I've been running mine on my Orange M700 (WM6- Pdaviet02.07.06PV - Radio 1.38.00.11) and I do notice a faint almost crackly sound.

Actually, no, I was gutted because I missed it by one day :) I got mine from expansys which seemed to be the next cheapest (don't tell me it's not, please!)

It's annoying because I'm certain there is nothing wrong with the hardware. I will find an answer, oh yes.

Guest OzzMosiz
Actually, no, I was gutted because I missed it by one day :) I got mine from expansys which seemed to be the next cheapest (don't tell me it's not, please!)

It's annoying because I'm certain there is nothing wrong with the hardware. I will find an answer, oh yes.

I'll try and pair mine with my work PC and see if I get the same thing happening.

The buzz/crackle on mine isn't too bad and is still worth not having the wires. How bad is yours?

Guest Elijah2104
I'll try and pair mine with my work PC and see if I get the same thing happening.

The buzz/crackle on mine isn't too bad and is still worth not having the wires. How bad is yours?

Well not to put to fine a point on it but it sounds bloody awful :). It's not really a buzz or crackle, the sound distort all around the treble and really ruins the tracks. I have now tried using TCPMP and I can't eliminate it with the graphic equaliser either. As a side note, the sounds transmits to the headphones from TCPMP but the remote controls don't work (that I can find).

I've contacted expansys, I suspect it may be my headphones so I might have to send them off for replacement. I'm interested in know what it was like when you paired with your PC. Perhaps it's worth getting an adapter like that just to test it.

Edited by Elijah2104

Hi, same Problem with the Motorola S9.

Solution:

Change/Add the following registry keys:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2DP\Settings]

"BitPool"=dword:00000030

"MaxSupportedBitPool"=dword:00000030

"UseJointStereo"=dword:00000000

Axel

Guest Elijah2104

Solution:

Axel

That was excellent thank you. Your suggestion gave me something to look for (just because I wanted to know what I was changing) and I found this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=308752

It now sounds fantastic and I don't have to send them back.

Thanks again!

Elijah

Guest OzzMosiz

Just tired the hack - didn't work :)

Well it kinda does, but still get a hiss/reverb on any drum hi-hats ....really annoying

Out if interest Elijah, does your headphones pair with your phone as soon as you turn them on?

Mine doesn't I need to go into the bluetooth settings for the headphone device and set them to headphones EVERY time :P

Edited by OzzMosiz

Guest Elijah2104
Just tired the hack - didn't work :)

Well it kinda does, but still get a hiss/reverb on any drum hi-hats ....really annoying

Out if interest Elijah, does your headphones pair with your phone as soon as you turn them on?

Mine doesn't I need to go into the bluetooth settings for the headphone device and set them to headphones EVERY time :P

Yes and no. Sometimes it has gotten confused and stopped working with my headphones or my jabra jx 10, which are both paired. So I've had to remove them and try again.

When you tried the hack, did you try removing the bitpool and maxsupportedbitpool settings entirely? That's what I've now done (after following the link I found). I've also added the suggested DWord SampleRate 48000 as well.

Other than the joint stereo being switched on, my settings were the same as the ones suggested. So first of all I jumped the numbers to 100 and then found I could drop them.

Edited by Elijah2104

Guest OzzMosiz
Yes and no. Sometimes it has gotten confused and stopped working with my headphones or my jabra jx 10, which are both paired. So I've had to remove them and try again.

When you tried the hack, did you try removing the bitpool and maxsupportedbitpool settings entirely? That's what I've now done (after following the link I found). I've also added the suggested DWord SampleRate 48000 as well.

Other than the joint stereo being switched on, my settings were the same as the ones suggested. So first of all I jumped the numbers to 100 and then found I could drop them.

Yeah I'd done that. Oh well just have to live with it I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I get a similar problem - however I am running to a home stereo system via a Nokia bluetooth interface.

The trouble is again in the upper treble bands - whatever I do with the settings on the phone I get nowhere,

and I havent found a decent MP3 player with equaliser to sort the problem. I am a little lary of playing around

with registry settings - I can do that fine on a laptop/pc but there is very little margin for error..

any chance of a .cab fix?

Jemma xx

UPDATE: Had another play and found a registry editor that would actually run - so much doesnt run on WM6

that appears to be ok for WM5. Anyways - it seems to make alot of difference to the distortion.

It doesnt clear things up completely - but it makes it alot better :)

Thanks

Jemma xx

Edited by Jemma

Guest Elijah2104
Hi,

I get a similar problem - however I am running to a home stereo system via a Nokia bluetooth interface.

The trouble is again in the upper treble bands - whatever I do with the settings on the phone I get nowhere,

and I havent found a decent MP3 player with equaliser to sort the problem. I am a little lary of playing around

with registry settings - I can do that fine on a laptop/pc but there is very little margin for error..

any chance of a .cab fix?

Jemma xx

UPDATE: Had another play and found a registry editor that would actually run - so much doesnt run on WM6

that appears to be ok for WM5. Anyways - it seems to make alot of difference to the distortion.

It doesnt clear things up completely - but it makes it alot better :)

Thanks

Jemma xx

Thank goodness you sorted it, I don't know how to make a CAB file :P I wish I could understand why it doesn't clear it up completely though. Mine has totally cleared up by removing those settings. Or perhaps my ears aren't as good as I think they are.

The problem sounds exactly like I had, in that all treble/high hats etc. severely hissed and distorted, yet now they're fine.

• 2 months later...
Guest CXM_PREMED

Solution:

Axel

wow thanks... problem is... I am having this crackel jackel problem with my pc... When I try to record with the motorolla S9 I get a return recording that is distorted and crackling from hell. Any help with this from the PC standpoint.