Raising the mmsc limit

Guest qwertyxl

Guest qwertyxl

So, I tried to send a mp3 to a friend, but my phone (2125) is telling me that the file is over my mmsc limit. So I go to raise that limit (messaging/mms/menu/options/account options/mms/menu/mmsc settings/Cingular MMS/edit) and the only option I can choose is 300k. Is there anyway I can get around this 300k limit? Thanks in advance.

Guest mandt

I also tried in vain to raise the limit ages ago, I searched through the registry but couldn't find anything that seemed to point to the value :)

Guest conan_troutman

go to you MMS message folder press menu and select options

selct account options

then select MMS

hit menu

choose MMSC settings

selct your provider here

scroll to max sending size and here you can select several sizes from 100k, 200, and 1000k

well you can on my device with O2 as my provider

...............messaging/mms/menu/options/account options/mms/menu/mmsc settings/Cingular MMS/edit..............

Yeah that's where we're looking but 300K is the normal limit. 1000K is very generous of O2

Guest conan_troutman

not neccassery from O2 I installed smart tweeker from Gadgetapps.net and this comes with a tweek to increase MMS size this may have something to do with the ability to select hte difference sizes but I can not swear to it

Looks OK, certainly cheap enough!

Will give it a try when I get home from work to see if it works on Pocket PC Windows Mobile Professional

(.exe download only, no CAB :) )

Guest conan_troutman

you can get round the cab issue...but try the trial version first it will tell you waht tweeks will work on your phone and a bit about what they do with out doing anything...then if you like the sound of the tweeks go for it...i love loads of their tweeks and new version should be out soon.

the exe checks to see that your phone is applet unlocked as it only works on them.

any hoo the work around...run the exe on you PC then go to your C drive Program folder and the CAb file will either be in its own folder or in the activesynch folder...just transfer it to you phone and away you go.

PS the tewwk program has one tweek I love which is to not delete the cab file after install when run from any other location other than that of the defualt folder so you can keep back up cabs on your SD card with out having the fear of them being removed should you use them.

Yeah I know how to get a CAB from an exe :P

But the installer detects ActiveSync is not installed and won't progress any further. Work PC's are locked fairly tight so It'll have to be later.

But thanks anyway for the tip :)