Hide sim contacts on WM6 PocketPC / Windows Mobile Pro?

Guest Driekus

Guest Driekus

Hi everyone,

The last hour I've been searching my manual, modaco and google for a way to hide the sim contacts in my contact list on my brand new HTC Touch WM6 professional edition. I'm sure there is a really easy way to do it, but I just can't find the solution, and it's getting really annoying. I've had a HTC magician wm2003se for 2 years now which does not show them, but to be honest I don't remember what I did (or didn't) to accomplish this. Surely I don't have to delete all them in order to avoid duplicate contacts in my list? I've seen some 3rd party apps like HTCustom which should be able to fix this, but I can't believe there's no native option for this. The only solutions I've found are for non-touchscreen smartphones, where you have to go to settings>personal>phone>call options, but that's not the way to go on a PPC.

Thanks very much in advance, and I apologize if there's already a solution somewhere on the forum, but I just can't find it.

Cheers,

Driekus

PS: 100th post!!! Awarner look out, here comes Driekus!

Edited by Driekus

Guest greenturtle

Hello Driekus.

Unfortunately there is no native way to disable SIM contacts annoyingly.

You have to use the registry to hide the SIM contacts and its a simple change of

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Phone]

"ShowSIM"=dword:00000001 ->0 to disable, 1 to enable.

P.S Congratulations on the Post Count :) now watch as my post count turns to 1600 from this post muhahaha.

Edited by greenturtle