Fails to connect to WAP

Guest Tim

Has anyone else had problems accessing WAP sites in IE ? Orange sent me some new settings (Orange ResetGPRS) which have only partly solved the problem?

Basically now when I go to a WAP site (for example the Orange Multimedia Site ) I get a message saying that It was unable to connect using default settings, would I like to try using the Orange ResetGPRS settings instead, so it seems not to be using the WAP Connection Settings.

If I change my Internet settings to be Orange ResetGPRS, WAP works fine but www doesn't at all.

Tim.

Apologies for replying to my own post, but I think I've found the problem, and it might interest others.

Basically the problem is solved by unticking the box in Messenger that says to retain your password, this meant that Messenger was logging me in automatically without me even going to the program, and therefore there was

an internet connection open which prevented the new WAP connection being made.

I discovered this by being told by my girlfriend that she kept getting a message on her PC saying that I kept logging into Messenger when I knew I wasn't deliberately doing so !