PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Until UBiQUiO fix stuff... here's some things I know you're all gonna like, more will appear as I create them! :)

P

Change the 'Phone' soft key on the Home screen to 'Calendar'... useful as the Phone key duplicates the green button functionality.

Attached File  503G_Remap_Left_Soft_Key_To_Calendar.CAB   590bytes   455 downloads
Rename the 'GPRS' connection type to 'GPRS, 3G', to avoid confusion.

Attached File  503G_Rename_GPRS_to_GPRS_3G.CAB   1.09KB   388 downloads
Disable Camera shutter sound (option not normally available)

Attached File  503G_Camera_No_Shutter_Sound.CAB   588bytes   384 downloads
Set default Camera save location to Storage Card (necessary as Camera app doesn't save settings)

Attached File  503G_Camera_Use_Storage_Card.CAB   550bytes   488 downloads
Set default rear Camera resolution to 1600x1200 (necessary as Camera app doesn't save settings)

Attached File  503G_Camera_1600x1200_Resolution.CAB   589bytes   409 downloads
Set default front Camera resolution to 640x480 (necessary as Camera app doesn't save settings), and also set viewfinder size to fullscreen for front Camera pics (option not normally available)

Attached File  503G_Front_Camera_VGA___Large_Preview.CAB   688bytes   427 downloads

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

michehrlich

michehrlich

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Good stuff, looking forward to more! :)

Gilbert1

Gilbert1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Ubiquio 503G
Hi Paul,

Thanks a million for these fixes. I am wondering if you have found a way to increase the earpeice volume on the device? Also if there is a way to keep the phone volume memory not lost when you do a soft reset? I am not going to ask about the keyboard because it is a nightmare!

Best regards,

Gilbert

michehrlich

michehrlich

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Hi Paul,

Thanks a million for these fixes. I am wondering if you have found a way to increase the earpeice volume on the device? Also if there is a way to keep the phone volume memory not lost when you do a soft reset? I am not going to ask about the keyboard because it is a nightmare!

Best regards,

Gilbert

Mine does not lose its volume settings after soft reset. That said, I've got SPB Phone Suite installed; maybe that has something to do with it (it controls volume settings among other things). Try that -- it's an app you'll definitely want to have on any WM Pro (or Pocket PC) device anyway. I think a trial version is available. http://www.spbsoftwa.../phonesuite/?en

Sean B

Sean B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC TyTn, Samsung Blackjack,
Paul,

I am getting my 503 tomorrow (in the States). I was assured that it had the 'new' ROM, but seing how many problems everyone been having, wonder now if I am soon to be a beta tester for Ubiquio.

What version of ROM do you have on the headset you were provided.

Sean

maevro

maevro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Phones, Phones and More Phones.....
  • Devices:HTC Touch, UBiQUiO 503G
Thanks Paul, you are a godsend. If you didn't have these fixes, who would I get them from? From UBiQUiO, err I mean Expansys since they are the same?

Edit: BTW, if you want to change the left softkey to whatever you want, you just have to edit the registry.

KEY: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Today/Keys/112
String Value: Default -> "Name to Display"
String Value: Open -> "Path to exe"

2nd EDIT: I have issues heaving people on the other end when I am outside, but not inside. I tried to increase all of the volume files I could find in the registry but I don't think it is doing anything. Can anyone come up with a .cab to fix the volume?

Edited by maevro, 27 August 2007 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image

panagiog

panagiog

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:hd
Anything for wake up from sleep mode?

Edited by panagiog, 29 September 2007 - 04:55 PM.

brucebb

brucebb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ubiquio 503G
Paul, is it possible to adapt the xml files in the cab files you have provided? I want to change the camera fix for the size to 640x480 and with the quality as high.
I have been having a tinker but to be fair don't really know what I am doing. I have edited xml files previously with dreamweaver but the CAB bit is something I havent played with before.
Any help would be gratefully received,
regards

wovens

wovens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Arts, textiles, mystery books, programming
  • Devices:Ubiquio 503G
There is a ROM update on the Expansys 503G forum - new version 3.05.
Haven't tried it yet because my phone is still in the post.
Can't wait to test it!
;)

dwl99

dwl99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab2 P5100, Galaxy S3

There is a ROM update on the Expansys 503G forum - new version 3.05.
Haven't tried it yet because my phone is still in the post.
Can't wait to test it!
;)

Are these updates useful if the latest ROM is installed?

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:SGS2, t-mob vivacity, nexus s
  • Twitter:@jp_hero

The camera ones are the only ones you will need. Also get the sdhc patch from expansys support forum. There is a program called remapsoftkeys that sorts the soft keys out.

I am from www.coolsmartphone.com. Visit us for the latest Android news, reviews and app recommendations.

Posted Image

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Forgot to mention that yes you will need the latest rom update. It fixes some keyboard problems. It still leaves the phone slightly unstable.
The rom update will totally clear all previously installed programs, contacts, calendar items, email, sms only stuff on memory card will survive.

I am from www.coolsmartphone.com. Visit us for the latest Android news, reviews and app recommendations.

Posted Image

dwl99

dwl99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

The camera ones are the only ones you will need. Also get the sdhc patch from expansys support forum. There is a program called remapsoftkeys that sorts the soft keys out.

Thanks a lot! Do you have a link for the sdhc update? I had a look on the expansys support forum but cannot see it.

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Thanks a lot! Do you have a link for the sdhc update? I had a look on the expansys support forum but cannot see it.

I will try find it and post the link here. I have the file saved anyway. Look back here later.

Posted Image

dwl99

dwl99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I will try find it and post the link here. I have the file saved anyway. Look back here later.

Found it!
SDHC update

Thanks for all your help.

mistralsurfer

mistralsurfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
How do i install these fixes?

jp_hero

jp_hero

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

How do i install these fixes?

Hi you will need to download all of the files that paul has posted.It would be best to do this on your computer, put them all in one folder.If you have a micro sd card you could transfer the folder to it.If you do not you will need to run activesync on your computer and connect your device.You will then either plug in the memory card or copy the folder to your device.Now on the device using file explorer find the folder you moved across, click on the ones you want to install. The device will ask where to install it and then you can install another one.

Posted Image

andy_bez_wandy

andy_bez_wandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Found it!
SDHC update

Thanks for all your help.

hell,
I am having trouble downloading a/m patch as ... www page responds with an error saying

Error 404 Not found