AT&T 89xx 'Tilt' screenshot-fest!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]As well all know by now, the AT&T 89xx / 'Tilt' is about to hit the streets stateside.

Our sources tell us that both the AT&T ROMs and the HTC ROMs are now finalised, and so I thought it would be cool to get my hands on a bunch of screenshots for your pleasure.

Below you'll find 60 screen grabs taken from the production ROM of the AT&T device... HTC shots to follow ;)

Enjoy :D

P

PS News page readers - you'll need to view the full topic to see all the images!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Splash screen, today screen, Start menu and Programs menu. Note custom AT&T folder icons.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

[/teaser]

Remainder of Programs menu, 'AT&T Mall', 'AT&T Music' and 'Games and Apps' folders. Be aware that many of the applications are demo versions!

5.png6.png7.png8.png

'Tools' folder and the 'Personal' and 'System' tabs of the settings menu.

9.png10.png11.png12.png

The remained of the 'System' tab, Memory information, Storage Card information (showing a 4GB SDHC in use) and the 'Connections' tab.

13.png14.png15.png16.png

Available input methods, 'Music Player' (aka Windows Media Player) and 'Music ID' by Shazam.

17.png18.png19.png20.png

'Streaming Music' is 'XM Radio Mobile'. This is a 3 day trial version.'Brain Challenge' DEMO. The device needs to be open to run!

21.png22.png23.png24.png

'Brain Challenge' screens... 'Habilitate The Keyboard'? Strange! 3rd screen is 'Midnight Pool' DEMO, which also wants landscape mode. Both these are Java games.

25.png26.png31.png

'Midnight Pool' screens... the REALLY want you to buy it :D

32.png33.png34.png

'Jewel Quest II' DEMO.

27.png28.png29.png

'MobiTV' (again, a 3 day demo) and 'Ms Pac Man' DEMO.

35.png36.png37.png38.png

More 'Ms Pac Man' DEMO screens and 'My Cast', a weather forecast (Java) application - 7 day demo!. MySpace Mobile... you guessed it... DEMO!

39.png40.png41.png42.png

MySpace Mobile and 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07' DEMO (Java) screens. Poor use of screen real estate?

43.png44.png45.png46.png

More 'Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07' screens. Messaging menu showing 'Blackberry Connect' link, which takes you to an online link at HTC that isn't live yet B)

47.png48.png49.png50.png

AIM, Windows Live and Yahoo! IM links. Messaging accounts default popup, invisible AT&T proxy hide / show and Sprite Backup 5 full version. Looks like v6 didn't make it in time?

51.png52.png53.png54.png

Setting up PTT, Office Mobile (2007!), Excel Mobile displaying 2007 support. Button mapping in settings - Start / OK remappable!

55.png56.png57.png58.png

'Cyberon Voice Speed Dial'. No Microsoft Voice application as found on the Wing (sadly?). Specs... it's a Kaiser :P 'Remove Programs' - you can't get rid of ALL the inbuilt crap. Or most of it :) ROM chefs at the ready!

59.png60.png61.png62.png

'Comm Manager'.

64.png

Guest craftonc

Paul, I'm rather a knob at this stuff but do you get the impression from this build that the GPS will be the HTC version or will a person need to subscribe to the AT&T service (or just use a BT receiver)? Thanks a million for all of the hard work, it's what I look forward to each day!

Guest NuShrike

You kick ass! The "localization" makes it look mostly like a stock 8525. It's nice to see that the final CPU spec is 400MHz, and multi-core to boot. Can't wait for the Kaiser. :)

Strangely, many of the 'extra apps' are technically available at the Media Mall, but not for dl to the predecessor-8525. In fact, most of the Media Mall apps are unavailable for the 8525.

I hope websites update by Tilt's release date. Wouldn't mind exploring XM Mobile (or I'll just do DI FM), MobiTV, or getting that new Street Fighter port.

I'm guessing IM is done by SMS? Has the GPRS setting appeared before and how is that different from the HSDPA setting? Having selectable 3G vs EDGE would be great on the battery. I remember there was some app to set it by registry or something.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest Paul (MVP)
I'm guessing IM is done by SMS?

By GPRS / 3G actually I believe.

Has the GPRS setting appeared before and how is that different from the HSDPA setting?

That's always been there, for authentication settings, nothing very interesting :)

Having selectable 3G vs EDGE would be great on the battery. I remember there was some app to set it by registry or something.

You could always do that using the 'Phone' applet in settings, and there are also quick switch apps out there too, to assign it to a key / shortcut.

P

Guest GordonTGopher

WOW! Well done Paul, A mega screengrab fest. What version (number) is this, I'm curious how the final version differs from versions appearing elsewhere on the 'net :)

Gordon

Guest nickcornaglia

I dont have my blackjack here....but I remember there was a reason I uninstalled the IM right away. I believe it is OZ Messenger...I may be getting confused tho. Look for verification

Guest Paul (MVP)

My source asked me not to post the version numbers.

It's VERY recent tho :)

P

WOW! Well done Paul, A mega screengrab fest. What version (number) is this, I'm curious how the final version differs from versions appearing elsewhere on the 'net :P

Gordon

Guest gregersdk
My source asked me not to post the version numbers.

It's VERY recent tho :)

P

Not for being a b****, but when can you get some pics of the original HTC (it's called un- something, I know..)

I'm not so patient anymore... Those pics would be good for me nerves...

gregersdk

Guest mistertech

I'm a bit confused about the GPS function on this device. I understand it has an actual GPS and yet there is a link to TeleNav on the device... My question is why would anyone pay for TeleNav if you could install your own GPS software? Is it simply to pay a smaller monthly fee instead of a lump sum to buy your own software? I guess you also get Traffic alerts with TeleNav... I'm new to AT&T (will get them once the Tilt is available) so I'm not very familiar with TeleNav.

Thanks,

Guest ktwildchild

GREAT PICS!!

I noticed Cellular Video and a Backup option. This thing is REALLY making me want one.

Does the CV option utilitize a front side camera with 2-way video or is it that "half-breed" video calling (which doesn't work well at all) thing?

Thaks for the great work!

Guest yosnoor

That's a great collection of pictures, and I don't mean to be ungrateful, but would it be possible to post some pics of the dialpad and the unlock pad?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.