UPDATE available in DK!!!

Guest Lojt

Guest wideawake

Thats good news, so can I just re-cap:-

1. It can be installed on UK phones?

2. You can change the language back to English after installation?

3. You can re-do the uncert procedure?

4. SPV is the best thing since........

Please someone confirm.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about the SIM card swap trick - does this one still work too or did Orange succeed in closing that hole ?

Don't want the update (even though I'm danish) if I'm back at using Orange when my employee has given me a free SIM card with another operator. :wink:

Damn f**king phone.

That'll teach me not to play with the flash ROM bit.

It seems I fried my ROM - do I get an award for being the biggest prat?

Trying to reload from SD now...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

All sounds good so far, except for Firaas now having to explain to Orange Care how he nuked his phone's ROM ;)

Now just to see if the UK update is the sameee...

Guest The Futures Bright

It sure is for all us impatient peeps who cant wait for Orange UK to get their finger out. What an improvent to my beloved SPV. Sigh ;)

Nah I've sorted it!

I backed up everything to SD before cocking the ROM up, just restored it.

Installing the DK Update thing now - remember that the English one is more likely to have protection against certification workarounds!

You see cert works on this danish upgrade hence why im more likely to install it than the english one, just gonna wait for a couple more people to confirm ;)

DJ Hope

I was thinking the same as you DJ, hence downloaded the Danish one, saved for later.

Seems everyone has the feeling that the UK update is gonna kill the uncert method.

I can confirm that it works. And that you can restore from SD card quite easily. Just used eMbedded Visual C++ tools, registry edit and stuff...

cezoom.jpg

is my current homescreen (set by itself...).

Guest wideawake

Hmmm, thinking.....

So even if we do get a UK update, could I always go back to the Danish update that I have now saved to disk?

If the worse cam to the worse and UK update closed de-cert route, could I then flash back the Danish update, opening the hole again?

Just installed the new update, which I've been waiting a looong time for since I'm Danish...

MINE IS F**KED UP!!

Started as it should with Danish menus and all, but then rebooted (by itself) and came back in English (huh??)

Now I'm trying a lot of things, but don't really know what to do...

Yeah - I'm keeping mine as it is, but I'll try the English update, and if that sucks, I'll go back to Danish.

I'm also getting ready to create an SD card backup of how the phone was originally just in case they both suck.

Guest wideawake

Firass, how do I make a rom backup onto SD?

In fact, errr, can I have a step by step procedure?

(Don't know if this is relevant to this thread, but I guess everyone may need to know how to do it!)