Tornado Replacement Plastic Parts

Guest kkrull

My SP5 is looking a little beaten. Anyone know where I can order replacement parts for the grey case and battery cover?

There was an ebay seller that was selling the OEM plastic cases from Taiwan, but that was too long ago to search.

Also, I plan on getting an extra set and dying it black. I think the SP5 would look great in black. Anyone have any experience with plastic dyes? Specifically I am wondering if the dye will dye the grey paint sufficiently or if I need to sand it first? Also if the paint wears off, will the dye have dyed the plastic underneath?

Guest greenturtle

Hey, I have never found anywhere else apart from Ebay that sell Smartphone phone housings. I know that Fluffcat1 (who isn't around on MoDaCo anymore) has a lot of housings and if you get in contact with him on Ebay then he might be able to sort you out with something.

As for recoloring a casing, all I know is that you need to sand down the case first and that is an absolute must! or the paint will start to flake off. Just search around xda-developers for topics about painting a case.

Guest tejasphatak

Iss you phone sp5m or sp5... coz there's one seller on ebay whoes selling sp5m housing... I have bought one.. waiting for it to arrive.

Ebay housing Link.

Now i am actully seaching for the keyboard.. any one has got a broken tornado....

I want to buy the keyboard.... not the keypad membrane....