port blocking on t-mobile?

Guest fusi

hi there, ive been browisng this site for quite a while (its just so kick-ass ;), 25, 110, 23, etc etc. ive called up all the providers i can think of (im in the UK btw!) and not one of the plethora of customer sales people ive spoken to have a clue what a port is - its quite tragic tbh - ive browsed all the websites and they are unsuprisingly crap at telling you anything half useful about the technical aspects of the data tariffs on offer - ive even gone into shops on the high street and theyre just as ignorant - drives me insane - this is kinda what has brought me here! *bows down to the zen monks of mobile knowledge*

orange are apparently expensive and crap, so are o2, as is vodaphone, only real option i can see is t-mobile (or maybe 3 - but ive heard really dodgy things about 3) - im not too fussed about free minutes or texts or whatever, as ill be using this handset mostly as a baby laptop, skype, live messenger, irc, ssh, ftp, pop3, etc etc.

ive heard good things about t-mobile web n walk with flext, but ive also heard recently that theyve started blocking ports? is this really the case? if so, what ports are blocked and how are they blocked? are ports blocked only on certain tariffs/packages? is it this signature blocking (id be suprised) or are they just nuking the ports outright?

any t-mobile flext and web n walk customers out there speak up and lemme know!

thanks for listening <3 ciao o/

fusi

Looks like the £22.50 a month plan gives you everything but its a bit pricey, im going to head into the T-Mob shop today and see what I can find out, probably sign up on the spot.

I will let you know how I get on after lunch ;)

cool - any news? i looked on the webbie last night and found i couldnt get the £20/mo flext _and_ the web'n'walk plus in a single package - could only get only wnw plus on the flext £25/mo o_O - havent ordered yet tho!

Replying from my kaiser, so its working!

I went into the store late afternoon yesterday and got on well. You can go on the flext 20 with w 'n' w plus as that's exactly what I signed up on, you can basically select data / mobile tariffs seperatley.

I ended up getting a Samsung U600 as my phone, quiet a slick little phone. Haven't decided if I will keep it or not though.

If there is anything specific you would like me to test let me know ;)

Zt