C600 T9 predictive text questions

Guest booboobedoo

Guest booboobedoo

Hi,

I assume that the T9 predictive text keeps the additional words you enter in a text file somewhere ? If so then I'd really like to copy it out and edit it because there's more cruft in there than a week of fiddling around with that hateful keypad will cure. Can anyone tell me where the file is located and what it is called ?

Also, about 20% of the additional words in the T9 dictionary begin with numbers ! This is horrible to deal with - can anyone say how to prevent the T9 from adding (and / or looking up) words that begin with numerals ?

Thanks,

Boo

Guest Disco Stu

Look in your Windows folder for T9MyWord.exe (note also T9settings.exe) and create your own shortcut to the Programs menu. You can now edit the learned words list.

The spurious words will have been errors you made in previous texts and usually they will be 'unlearned' by the phone as your accuracy increases. Now you can just delete them. ;)

Guest booboobedoo
Look in your Windows folder for T9MyWord.exe (note also T9settings.exe) and create your own shortcut to the Programs menu. You can now edit the learned words list.

The spurious words will have been errors you made in previous texts and usually they will be 'unlearned' by the phone as your accuracy increases. Now you can just delete them. ;)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I did already know about T9MyWord.exe. I reall want to be able to edit the word list on my PC, not on the C600 however, can anyone tell me how to do that ?

Boo

Guest Djabberr
Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I did already know about T9MyWord.exe. I reall want to be able to edit the word list on my PC, not on the C600 however, can anyone tell me how to do that ?

Boo

can't you just copy it to your pc and then edit it with notepad, upload back on .... et voila ??

Guest booboobedoo
can't you just copy it to your pc and then edit it with notepad, upload back on .... et voila ??

Edit what ? T9MyWord.exe ? That's a) an executable and b ) not present in my iMate ROM. So no, I can't just copy it to my PC and edit it. But if anyone can answer my original question (which amounted to does "T9 predictive text keeps the additional words you enter in a text file somewhere" then, obviously, copying that tex file to a PC and editing it would be a viable option. And this was actually my plan.

Thanks,

Boo

Edited by booboobedoo