- Unique and stylish design with tilting touch screen

- One of the first devices to market with 3.6 Meg HSDPA

- Web’n’walk enabled - surf the real open Internet as you would on your PC

- Built-in GPS, with CoPilot SatNav software as an option

- Windows Mobile 6 - access and edit familiar applications on the move

- In-built Wi-Fi capability

- 3 mega-pixel camera with auto-focus

- Supports Microsoft Direct Push

London, 26th September 2007: Following the huge success of the Vario portfolio, T-Mobile today announces the launch of the much-anticipated MDA Vario III.

The Vario III takes PDA handsets to the next level, with a unique tilting screen and sliding QWERTY keyboard which makes it even easier for those who want to continue their work or surf the Internet on the move.

As one of the first handsets with 3.6 Meg HSDPA, the Vario III will provide the highest quality Internet, video calling and email experience available on a mobile device. Coupled with T-Mobile’s web’n’walk service, the Vario III is set to give users the ultimate mobile experience, as they will be able to explore any site on the Internet as they would on their PC.

The next generation Vario III is packed full of the latest technology and runs on the new Windows Mobile 6 operating system - allowing users to access and edit familiar applications like Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint on the move. This is the ideal solution for busy professionals, who want to carry on with their work and pick up their emails easily whilst on the move.

The Vario III also boasts an in-built GPS receiver, and is fully compatible with the new CoPilot Live 7 satellite navigation system. Perfect for business people who need to travel, users can rely on spoken directions across the UK. CoPilot Live 7 also provides integrated live traffic information and mobile location tracking using T-Mobile’s network. In addition the device features a 3 mega-pixel camera with auto focus and a front facing camera for video calls.

The MDA Vario III will be available from 28th September to purchase from T-Mobile stores and online at T-Mobile.co.uk. The device is available from free when purchased on the Flext 50 tariff.

Guest Webreaper
As one of the first handsets with 3.6 Meg HSDPA, the Vario III will provide the highest quality Internet, video calling and email experience available on a mobile device.

Cracks me up the way all the carriers are releasing the same device, but all put out press releases making out there's is somehow better than everyone else's devices. ;)

Mind you, the O2 shop on Cheapside still has a poster on its window saying "XDA Exec - the most powerful mobile device". Ooops. I guess they'll be pulling them down to splatter the entire shop with iPhone posters in the next few weeks though. :wub:

Guest blackice-original

cant see any on theire website cant wieght for it got to start the number porting process now then.

The website might not be updated till tomorrow. I was suprised when the t-mob rep said do you want to upgrade now

Guest nav007_2000

I've ordered my Vario iii. Will arrive tomorrow. Cannot wait. Been looking forward to this day for months. Managed to negotiate an upgrade two months early and as I am a business customer, they calculated that the cost of the phone is £0.

Its my lucky day. And I was about to pay over £400 for the tytn ii. Luckily i held back.

Wooo hoo

Guest TomaHawk

thats a sweet deal free and 2 months early good job.

well i just got my pac from T-mob pay as you go. and used the online o2 thing to send it to a new pay as you go. so soon as that clears i will order new contract.

does anyone know if i can like by the vari 3 on new contract but not give them my pac for like a week or 10 days. or do you have to give it when you start the contract.

also has anyone used the online pac transfer on o2s site. not sure if i should phone to confirm it.

also i guess the vario isnt coming with the free tomtomtaster then which is disappointing.

guess google maps is a good free alternative.

Guest Phil Lee

I just got off the phonewith the upgrades department. I've upgraded my MDA Vario with the original Web & Walk 100 minutes + 40Mb contract to a Flext25 + W&W contract with a brand new MDA Vario III ;) Unfortunately my low monthly spend of ~£16 meant I couldn't haggle on the upgrade price much. In the end it came in at £100, the same as I paid for the Vario when I got it just after it came out. It will be with me before 1pm tomorrow!

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest thelondonthing

I just spoke to T-Mobile upgrades to bag myself one of these puppies. The chap I spoke to pointed out that on their systems today, there is currently no price difference for purchasing the handset as an upgrade between Flext 20, 25, 30 and 35 - the charge is £99.99 for all of these, and is free on Flext 50. He suggested that this was a little odd, and that I should try to call back tomorrow to see if the prices have updated on their system to reflect different handset charges on different packages.

Well, I've waited this long for it - one more day ain't gonna kill me!

Guest PJDelaney
I just got off the phonewith the upgrades department. I've upgraded my MDA Vario with the original Web & Walk 100 minutes + 40Mb contract to a Flext25 + W&W contract with a brand new MDA Vario III ;) Unfortunately my low monthly spend of ~£16 meant I couldn't haggle on the upgrade price much. In the end it came in at £100, the same as I paid for the Vario when I got it just after it came out. It will be with me before 1pm tomorrow!

I always seem to be unlucky with the call centres, have just called after seeing the above firstly to Upgrades where she said it was released today but wasn't on her system yet but will give me a call when it is. Instead I tried Customer Loyalty/Retentions, got a nice bloke who told me yes I could upgrade, for free on Flext 30 with W&W even but when I asked him to confirm it was definitely the Vario he realised it was the Compact! He suggested I try a store instead (had already do so inbetween, Bluewater said October) so he then suggested going to Carphone Warehouse as they always get the phones before T-Mobile!

Guess I'll leave it for tonight and try again tomorrow, anyone who did manage to snag one get the operators name so we could talk to someone in the know?

Guest MadMatt2002

Just ordered mine on an upgrade - 1 week early.

Will be delivered friday morning. I confirmed it was a Vario III not a Compact III!

18 month contract.

Price - Free!

Was after a Touch also, but they are out of stock, with no information about future deliveries.

Roll on Friday morning and a nice delivery from Royal Mail.

Thanks for the tip off,

Matthew

Just want to add my name to the list of lucky tmobile users who got in in the first round. Same deal as Paul £80 upgrade, didn't even bother trying to go through retentions as the operator I spoke to (Angela) said I could hold onto the 25% for life discount I have on my flext35 +web'n'walk. Roll on Friday ;)