TyTN II as a music player?

Guest ravage

Guest ravage

What's the sound quality of the TyTN II like?

I was looking at getting the w100 headphone adaptor with the media buttons. I hear that it uses media player as default, that's cool as all my music is already in media player on my PC, hopefuly the sync should go fine.

So can you pretty much use the TyTN II as a music player?

Guest burrzoo
What's the sound quality of the TyTN II like?

I was looking at getting the w100 headphone adaptor with the media buttons. I hear that it uses media player as default, that's cool as all my music is already in media player on my PC, hopefuly the sync should go fine.

So can you pretty much use the TyTN II as a music player?

I use WM Player all of the time but I'm using Bluetooth stereo headphones. BT Headphones seem to be in their infancy now so the quality does not yet match wired headsets.It is fine for me since I'm outside a lot and listening to music. With the Bt headset you can change volume, go to the next or previous track, answer phone calls & return to where you left off in the music. I store all my music on a card and it's all good!

i have a pair of Motorola HT820's and they are pretty good for music quality - the trick i've found is to keep the volume of the headset itself low while keeping volume of the transmitted signal high - this seems to result in the highest SNR ratio and a rather pleasant listening experience - its all subjective at the end of the day though

I have also bought the adaptator extusb-jack 3.5, with my headset from technics, I got enough sound quality, and with the 4GB you can just stored as many as you want, like in an Ipod or nearly...just waiting for the 8 GB would be for sure the next step...

The music player is enough, you can surf between album, artist etc...just convenient, and for me very good!

If you compress the mp3, just assure that you get enough volume, because the power of the sound getting out of the kaiser is no fantastic but it's ok...

VoilĂ 

Y@nn

Guest Webreaper

I've got an HTC RC W100 and a pair of Shure SE210s. Sound quality is superb. ;)

I use Mortplayer, and have the 'preamp' turned down to about 30% because the output is so high. I suspect those who complain of low volume are using high-impedance headphones.

Edited by Webreaper

Guest ravage
I've got an HTC RC W100 and a pair of Shure SE210s. Sound quality is superb. ;)

I use Mortplayer, and have the 'preamp' turned down to about 30% because the output is so high. I suspect those who complain of low volume are using high-impedance headphones.

I thought that the w100 could only be used with Media Player, can you use the remote with Mortplayer?

Guest Webreaper
I thought that the w100 could only be used with Media Player, can you use the remote with Mortplayer?

That's right. The make call/hang-up buttons work fine, but the rest of the player controls only work with WMP. ;)

A bit annoying, but not the end of the world; I mainly bought the W100 as a 3.5mm adapter with a built-in mic; if somebody manages to write (aka hack) a driver to make it work with Mort or other players, so much the better. I believe Vijay555 mentioned possibly looking at this...

• 2 weeks later...

So I recieved my W100 headphone adaptors, ended up having to order the E100 because the place I ordered them from did not have the W100. The only difference is about ÂŁ5 and that they come with a set of ear plugs, terrible things, sound awful.

So I plug the connector up to my Bose QC 2 headphones and wow, the sound out of the Kaiser sounds as good as an iPod. I was really impressed.

Sure it doesn't go as loud, but at least I can still hear.

The W100 will launch the HTC Audio Manager software and not the default media player. So just waiting for my memory card to dump some of my music on the phone, but wow am I impressed. :) ;) :( :D

Guest Mr.Clark
The W100 will launch the HTC Audio Manager software and not the default media player. So just waiting for my memory card to dump some of my music on the phone, but wow am I impressed. :( ;) :( :D
That's odd, I'm sure it used to launch WMP.

Still, anything it launches is good enough, and it controls it too, so what more do I need? :)

EDIT: Actually, I much prefer the HTC audio player, as I can poke it from the home screen as well as the remote. Fantastic!

Edited by Mr.Clark

Now I just realised that there is an HTC driver disc in the box. I never installed this. I wonder if this reverts it to Windows Media Player control.

I quiet like the HTC media manager also. All my music is in WMA format anyway and works really well. I'm going to leave it as is. Great stuff. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What's the battery performance like when using the device as a music player? and is there anyway to actually turn the screen fully off but leave the music playing?

Guest Mr.Clark
What's the battery performance like when using the device as a music player?
Not great. I got a train to Norwich (about 4 hours) and the battery went down to 52% from full. But the moral of that story is - charge it every night.

and is there anyway to actually turn the screen fully off but leave the music playing?

Yes, but only if you're using a headset.

Yes, but only if you're using a headset.

What do you mean by headset? I can turn off the phone just fine when using headphones rather than a headset (did you mean bluetooth?) when using Windows Media Player.

Guest FrankyG
What do you mean by headset? I can turn off the phone just fine when using headphones rather than a headset (did you mean bluetooth?) when using Windows Media Player.

it doesn't matter; you can turn the screen off whether you're using bluetooth or wired headphones. Press the power button once briefly, screen goes off but music keeps playing.

Oh, and the output volume on the kaiser is plenty loud - if you've got a decent set of phones or 'buds. I use Shure earbuds...well loud!

FrankyG

Guest ChefChaudart

I'd just called HTC HelpDesk about this issue. And the guys on the phone called a technician at HTC who said there is no plan to improve those drivers to support other players.

I said to my interlocutor that, at least he could pass the message to HTC engineer, cause I'm not the only one complaining about this.

So, everyone concerned, please call HTC and pass the message ;)

Guest Mr.Clark

By "headset" I meant something that you plug into the device so that music doesn't come out of the rear speaker - if nothing is plugged in and you press the power button, the music goes off.

I've never used bluetooth for listening to music, as it's just another battery to run down.