"MSC:Dial not found" after pressing a key

Guest rainpl

Hi

I've got Vodafone v1240 with imate SP5 rom (OS 5.1.195, AKU2). Everything is fine for first few days after turning on the phone.

After few days when I take the phone from my pocket and press Start key the error appears: "MSC:Start not found".

When I press numpad key error "MSC:Dial not found" appears. Basically, pressing any key generates full screen error of that kind.

The only thing I can do is to restart the phone. After that everything is fine for next few days.

My autorun apps are:

- DontForget

- SmartFilter (not sure if it's starting, seems disabled in app settings)

I haven't tried hard reset but it seems to me a waste of time and data if the problem is somewhere else. I will finally try it if all alternative solutions fail.

Anyone can help?

Edited by rainpl

Guest The Doctor
Hi

I've got Vodafone v1240 with imate SP5 rom (OS 5.1.195, AKU2). Everything is fine for first few days after turning on the phone.

After few days when I take the phone from my pocket and press Start key the error appears: "MSC:Start not found".

When I press numpad key error "MSC:Dial not found" appears. Basically, pressing any key generates full screen error of that kind.

The only thing I can do is to restart the phone. After that everything is fine for next few days.

My autorun apps are:

- DontForget

I haven't tried hard reset but it seems to me a waste of time and data if the problem is somewhere else. I will finally try it if all alternative solutions fail.

Anyone can help?

Odd, I've never had this issue... Back up everything and try a hard reset... that SHOULD cure everything... then reinstall apps/tweaks one at a time and make a note of when it appears again.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I'll try it in few days.

Another thing though: I encountered this strange behaviour 3 times during 6 months of usage: Phone charged (let's say 70%), working. Suddenly the battery dies. Completely. 0%. Phone off. Without any warning. With WiFi and BT off, phone sitting in my pocket. It won't even charge when I connect it throught the USB to my PC. It charges only when connected to a wall charger. After charging everything is fine for some time...

Any ideas?

Edited by rainpl

Guest The Doctor
Thanks Phil, I'll try it in few days.

Another thing though: I encountered this strange behaviour 3 times during 6 months of usage: Phone charged (let's say 70%), working. Suddenly the battery dies. Completely. 0%. Phone off. Without any warning. With WiFi and BT off, phone sitting in my pocket. It won't even charge when I connect it throught the USB to my PC. It charges only when connected to a wall charger. After charging everything is fine for some time...

Any ideas?

Odd, try the hard reset as above, if it still screws up, it may be the battery playing silly buggers...

Phil

Guest marco899
Hi

My autorun apps are:

- DontForget

Anyone can help?

Exact the same problem. Same rom and had the same error with kpn and now with vodafone. After an soft reset everything works ok again. I think it's a memory problem that's showing up randomly.

Exact the same problem. Same rom and had the same error with kpn and now with vodafone. After an soft reset everything works ok again. I think it's a memory problem that's showing up randomly.

Marco, did you manage to do something about it? From what you wrote it seems that this particular imate ROM can cause this. Do you think that swithing to Qtek or WM6 rom could help?

Guest marco899
Marco, did you manage to do something about it? From what you wrote it seems that this particular imate ROM can cause this. Do you think that swithing to Qtek or WM6 rom could help?

It happends randomly. i've tried qtek en wm6 roms and there was no error for the time i've tried. But with the original rom it works for weeks and then i get the error. Maybe a heating problem when it's in my pocket?