Cheapest microSD cards? Find a deal and post it here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Where is cheapest for big microSD cards?

I'll make my contribution with the current prices from BMC Digital (INCLUDING UK delivery).

Know somewhere cheaper?

POST HERE! ;)

P

Prices and links

4GB microSDHC ('Integral' brand): £26.40 (use coupon code 'BMC4201' for discounted price!)

4GB microSDHC (SanDisk with USB reader): £29.11 (use coupon code 'BMC4201' for discounted price!)

6GB microSDHC (SanDisk with USB reader): £37.21 (use coupon code 'BMC4201' for discounted price!)

Guest sc0user_75

I hope this isn't a little off-topic, but I got an email from www.mymemory.co.uk stating that the 8gb cards were supposed to have been released on 10th October. Obviously they haven't, but I have a feeling they will be out soon.

So, just in case someone would prefer 8gb don't rush out and buy the 6's ;)

Oh, and the 8gb will come in at a penny short of £60 :(

Guest m3100tony

I'll make my contribution with the current prices from BMC Digital (INCLUDING UK delivery).

Know somewhere cheaper?

POST HERE! ;)

P

Prices and links

4GB microSDHC ('Integral' brand): £26.40 (use coupon code 'BMC4201' for discounted price!)

4GB microSDHC (SanDisk with USB reader): £29.11 (use coupon code 'BMC4201' for discounted price!)

6GB microSDHC (SanDisk with USB reader): £37.21 (use coupon code 'BMC4201' for discounted price!)

The TYTN 2 is not listed as a compatible phone for the 6gb sandisk - does this work in it?

Guest Rush242
I hope this isn't a little off-topic, but I got an email from www.mymemory.co.uk stating that the 8gb cards were supposed to have been released on 10th October. Obviously they haven't, but I have a feeling they will be out soon.

And on that note, can anyone confirm that they are just days away?

I'm getting pretty tired of Expansys' six week waiting period, but if that means I can get an 8gb instead of a 6gb, then I'm willing to wait a bit longer...

Guest Subliminal Aura

Turning into the ' yeh but I bought it elsewhere thread'

Just bought the 6gb sansdisk + memory stick duo from moby : +£40 gets you free delivery but its royal mail standard ;) (I think I'm regretting it now)

Guest Rush242

Frankly, I'm not willing to risk the eBay thing just yet. Not that I've ever had problems with eBay, just that the counterfeits are EVERYWHERE.

Damn hell ass counterfeits.

Guest Rush242
i bought from someone with a 37000 feedback at 99.x% poitive... on the basis that he cant have got away with ripping off 36900 people... I hope...

Given the fact that he's probably only sold very few of them to very few people, it's possible that he doesn't actually know if they are counterfeit or not (especially given that number of feedbacks/transactions), and even more likely that those that bought them would have no idea either.

I'm not saying you got scammed, I'm saying that right now that possibility is too great for me if I'm only maybe saving less than 10 quid.

Guest unclesomebody

I once read that the majority of memory cards on ebay were fake. How true this is I don't know, but after reading many articles comparing fake to real ones, and then checking ebay auctions myself, I decided not to purchase them on ebay anymore. The savings are not significant anyway (less than 10% on £30) and I've had to return memory cards in the past so it was worth getting them from known retailers. However, I am also sure that there are genuine ones on ebay if you look in the right place, know the difference, etc.

Good thread. Look forward to some more deals!

oh, and here's something more useful, 4GB micro SDHC for £22.69 delivered ;) ; http://www.w2w.com/moreInfo.asp?code=INTMS...;tabselect=TAB4

Guest Deathace

UK People:

http://www.memorybits.co.uk/index.php?cPat...p;filter_id=202

SanDisk 8GB Micro SD HC/ Transflash Card + adapter plus Micro Mate Card Reader!Due into stock start of Nov!! SanDisk 8GB Micro SD HC/ Transflash Card + adapter plus Micro Mate Card Reader!Due into stock start of Nov!! £47.50

Cart Total £47.50

VAT £8.31

Shipping Charges

Total £58.76

Guest roofchopped

Mouse 2 House: http://www.mouse2house.co.uk/index.php?sho...SearchButton=Go

Integral 2GB Micro SD / TransFlash + Adapter £15.95

SanDisk 4GB Micro SDHC / TransFlash + Adapter + MicroMate USB Reader £28.10

SanDisk 6GB Micro SDHC / TransFlash + Adapter + MicroMate USB Reader £37.99

SanDisk 8GB Micro SDHC / TransFlash + Adapter + MicroMate USB Reader £54.99

They're local to me and a real friendly & helpful company. I got the Integral 2GB card and have no problems at all with it.

Edited by roofchopped

Guest jimbouk

So my ebay purchase turned up - a real Sandisk 4gb SDHC card, with sd adapter and a Sandisk Micromate USB adapter... all for £24.95 plus £3.95 P&P... and after moving my satnav files, email attachments etc I now have 3.5gb of empty card to fill up with pointless pics and music I will probably listen to.

Know somewhere cheaper?

POST HERE! ;)

P

Prices and links

Thanks for the info Paul,

After a lot of shopping around and seing some dodgy looking websites, I decided to spend just a couple of quid more and go with your recommendation for that little bit of peace of mind. Just ordered a 6 gig card and the above coupon codes are still valid.

:(

• 3 weeks later...