Make the Home screen a little smaller?

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Guys, as nice as the HTC Homescreen is, it is a little inconvenient in that you can only see the top line of entries. Mine is set to calendar - so I cant see my tasks list.

Is it possible to make say the clock a little smaller so that everything else is pushed up a little? (Without getting rid of the homescreen altogether)

Guest ginnermark
Guys, as nice as the HTC Homescreen is, it is a little inconvenient in that you can only see the top line of entries. Mine is set to calendar - so I cant see my tasks list.

Is it possible to make say the clock a little smaller so that everything else is pushed up a little? (Without getting rid of the homescreen altogether)

I'd like the same thing too. The current clock is a bit too big, text-only clocks are too small. I suppose I'm after a happy medium...

Guest sc0user_75

Bother! I keep forgeting to scroll down to check if I have any tasks. As Im so forgetful its a must for me to write/key everything I need to do.

I might try finding an alternate home screen over at XDA.

I put Spb Diary back on mine last night. for those that don't know it puts your Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Notes etc in different tabs.

I have restricted mine to just the Calendar tasks and Notes tabs and it fits under the HTC plugin nicely

Guest sc0user_75
I put Spb Diary back on mine last night. for those that don't know it puts your Calendar, Tasks, Contacts, Notes etc in different tabs.

I have restricted mine to just the Calendar tasks and Notes tabs and it fits under the HTC plugin nicely

Nope. No more. No way. Scouser_75, you are NOT going to spend any more money on software ;) But, you can download the trial to see how good it is... (which no doubt will lead to a purchase :( )

Guest sc0user_75

I tried Pocket informant too. 2 problems with it though.

a) It looked waaaaay too complicated. I just want something that can quickly tell me whats on and whats not!

;) It got rid of PocketCM Contacts!

@ Paul:

I know what you mean, I'm undecided myself but it's the best option I have found....so far

If you take off the header, unread messages, collapse icons etc it makes it look a bit less cluttered

Note: Must install screenshot app

Edited by mandt

Dunno if this is any use to you (and yeah I agree that the HTC Homescreen is a little too large), but I use TodayAgenda for seeing my Calendar as it allows you to decide how much you want to see.

Positives:

Fits nicely under the HTC screen and allows you to specify how big you want it.

Free!

Negatives:

With the size of the HTC homescreen, in landscape you just can't see it.

Guest Phil Lee

I've really become a fan of SPB Mobile Shell. I use it for my Today screen as well as use the custom menu system it includes. Here's my Today screen. I have 4 tabs, the first contains the launcher from Mobile Sheel, the second contains SPB Phone Suite, the third contains SBSH Pocket Breeze and the fourth WeatherPanel with the PhatPhinger skin. I've also included a shot of what the HTC Home plugin looks like in a tab. You can only have one plugin per tab but I think it works really well.

208966097-M.gif208966133-M.gif

Guest FrankyG
I've really become a fan of SPB Mobile Shell. I use it for my Today screen as well as use the custom menu system it includes. Here's my Today screen. I have 4 tabs, the first contains the launcher from Mobile Sheel, the second contains SPB Phone Suite, the third contains SBSH Pocket Breeze and the fourth WeatherPanel with the PhatPhinger skin. I've also included a shot of what the HTC Home plugin looks like in a tab. You can only have one plugin per tab but I think it works really well.

208966097-M.gif208966133-M.gif

Hi, how did you manage to get the HTC home plugin appear in a tab? When I try to configure the SPB Shell tabs, It doesnt' list 'HTC Home' as an option, does yours?

Thx

FrankyG

** EDIT ** Found the answer HERE

Quote "HKLM > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Today > Items > HTC Home

Change Type from '5' to '4' and it will show up as an available plugin"

Edited by FrankyG

Guest NuShrike

Is there a reason I can't upload a picture here?

I'm almost satisfied with mine. Wisbar 3, phoneAlarm Lite, iLauncher, HTC GPRS Monitor, HTC Home Customizer. I am working to replace phoneAlarm since I only use it to have an alarm clock that plays midi sounds. That'll give me back that chunk of useless space then.

Default Calendar and Tasks are a horrible waste of space themselves, especially compared to DateBk 6.

1603480523_330afdc685.jpg

Edited by NuShrike

Guest NuShrike
Wow! Nice. How do I get the iLauncer and iPhone look?
HTC Home customizer: I'm using 0.8 (because it's stable), and the iPhone alt icons.

You can get iLauncher from http://www.sbsh.net/products/ilauncher/ .

I use Wisbar 3 to give me the battery bar on top, the multi-line clock in the top bar, removes the title text next to the Windows icon/menu, removes the bottom Calendar/Contacts bar on the Today screen (VJToggleTodayIIAlpha doesn't work for me), and a bunch of other stuff that can't be seen. I do disable Wisbar's Plasma.exe (renamed it) because the multi-application skinning is just buggy.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks Nushrike. Im almost there. I got the Homecustomiser thing up and running. I have the iPhone icons for startup. But on Launcher Im still getting the HTC icons. Any idea why? Or what may i be doing wrong?

Guest NuShrike
Thanks Nushrike. Im almost there. I got the Homecustomiser thing up and running. I have the iPhone icons for startup. But on Launcher Im still getting the HTC icons. Any idea why? Or what may i be doing wrong?
I'm assuming you mean the "calculator" tab of HTC Home? Program icons and the "HTC function shortcuts" there aren't changed by the "skin" as of 0.8 as far as I know ...

Right, got screenshots sorted!

post-174863-1192686422_thumb.jpg

Spd Diary runing under HTC Home, and set to three vertical tabs - Calendar, Tasks and Notes.

This is the best way I have found so far af keeping Calendar, Tasks and HTC Home on the same screen

or...

post-174863-1192686837_thumb.jpg

Set Spb Diary to horizontal tabs, and put HTC Home in a custom tab, with Calendar etc in their own tabs

Guest sc0user_75

And just to add to my previous email - if you want to change the icons on the launcher screen:

Go into the Launcher icons on Home Customiser.

Click on the tabs to the right of each of your selected programme.

Then scroll through the directory to HTC Home Customiser.

Then click on the Theme you wish to use for your icons.

CLick on an icon. You are shown a preview of the icon at bottom of screen.

Select. And voila. When you next go into launcher there are your nice icons ;)

Guest xtreme__boi

HTC Home customizer

Nice little app. Currently got:

Background, original

Clock, Alien Round

Icons, iPhone

Weater, Stardock

Not sure how I can get a pic posted up, like a screen shot on my Vario III. Not sure how to do it?