Lost Java Icon in Programs

Guest mattmcl1

Guest mattmcl1

Hi all - was hoping for a little help:

1) I am running an AT&T Tilt that has the HTC ROM.

2) After switching to HTC ROM I had an icon in Programs simply titled "Java" to run my Java apps

3) At some point, this icon was no longer available under "Programs" - however I know the Program is still available since I can download and run the Gmail app (gmail.com/app) just fine.

So - couple of questions:

- How can I get the Java icon back?

- Is there another way for me to put a shortcut to a particular Java app (like the Gmail app) in the Programs menu?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Try the explorer, there is a possibility the icon is in "hidden" mode, so I would go on the explorer, and check under windows, start menu, program files...and there de-active hidden files...it could solve your problem...

Guest mattmcl1
Try the explorer, there is a possibility the icon is in "hidden" mode, so I would go on the explorer, and check under windows, start menu, program files...and there de-active hidden files...it could solve your problem...

Tried that - not there even after enabling "Show All Files"

Any other ideas floating around??

Guest NuShrike
Tried that - not there even after enabling "Show All Files"
Recreate the shortcut in Programs that points back to the Java.exe in \Windows\ or just copy the Java.lnk from \Windows\ back into Programs.

"Something" is regularly deleting that Java shortcut link. It happened to me before my first hard-reset (2007/09/28) and it happened to me again yesterday.

Guest mattmcl1

I put the Java shortcut back in and then ran SKTools.

SKtools identified both \Windows\Java.Ink and \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Java.Ink as "Bad Shortcuts" - Not really sure why.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

• 3 years later...
Guest rohit_myworld

I put the Java shortcut back in and then ran SKTools.

SKtools identified both \Windows\Java.Ink and \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Java.Ink as "Bad Shortcuts" - Not really sure why.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

hey please help me too...i used sk tools and the java icon is no longer availaible......and i am not able to create one also........i am able to run java but each time i need to go into system of phone to open it.....how can i create a shortcut of java and paste it into programs in start menu??????please please help....

Guest rohit_myworld

hey please help me.......i used sktools in my windows phone and it removed the java icon from the start menu........now i need to go to sysytem of phone to start java....how can i bring back the java icon in the start menu????????please help me....!

Guest rohit_myworld

hey please help me too...i used sk tools and the java icon is no longer availaible......and i am not able to create one also........i am able to run java but each time i need to go into system of phone to open it.....how can i create a shortcut of java and paste it into programs in start menu??????please please help....

its the same problem from which u suffered as u mentioned above...please tell me how to get the java icon back...!!