Sky Anytime

Guest sc0user_75

I wish i had either the orange or the tmobile variant, i have 3 months left with tmobile and orange seem to be coming soon. I bought the fantastic Expansys offer. Most of my friends thought i was mad spending so much money on a phone but the nice thing is i am not tied to any contract and can upgrade when i feel like it ;) lets hope there is a kaiser killer from HTC soon.

I only had 16 mobiles last year that this year i am on 2 upto now :(

it works a treat, i wonder why the java midlets differ from machine to machine ?

Guest daveham
I have just removed and re-installed the package and everything seems to work, you get the login when you first get the sky screen without entering the username and password.

tried the program again and it works fine, i have just gone to my sky box and the program to remote record is there ;)

try running the cab again from the phone and select yes to all the options and it should work

I have installed several times, but cannot find any way of pressing "login" - you mention selecting "yes" to all options...i only get asked one question and that is whether i want to install it or not.....heeeelp!

Guest GadgetBoyNick
Thats very odd as i have the HTC TyTn II and this should be the same. Have you tried running some of the options Paul posted to remove some of the Tmobile security settings? this could be why it does not work as it should.

Sorry i cannot be more help i do not have the Vario III as yet

Has anyone had any joy on an Orange TYTN II. I have it installed, and can enter the Username and Password fine. However, when I press the login button, I get the message "The data connection has failed, please check the network coverage". I have checked an hasve a good strong 3G connection and can happily browse in IE.

Any thoughts anyone?

Guest Phil Lee
Hi,

I just got the .jar to run correctly on my Vario III by using the TNT JBED 24052007.cab version of java, seems very stable too.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for posting that. The Java Anytime works fine for me now with that Midlet Manager installed.

Guest Phil Lee

Of course that means I have 3 Java versions installed now, the default, one for Opera Mini to prevent errors and this one for Sky Anytime. At least I now know how to create shortcuts to midlets which menas I don't need to worry about which version of Java to use for which midlet.

Guest miker33

Hi,

Download the file from the link that Paul posted earlier and copy to your device.

Google for the filename "TNT JBED 24052007.cab"

Run the cab on the mobile to install

Run the Java program from start menu\programs

Select Menu\Install\Local Files

Sky by mobile should now be an option to run from the Java main screen

There's more setup you need to do on your Sky account and Sky+ box too, the instructions are on the Sky website.

Cheers,

Mike

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks for that Mike. Great instructions too. Normally I get real confused with some peoples instructions but managed perfect first time with yours. It seems to have worked a treat ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest ipaqowner
Hi Guys just tried this and it works a treat. Once you get your head around the fact that the Midlet is not touch screen compatible :( whooo back to remote recording facilities.

I'm now the proud owner of the O2 XDA Stellar which...as you'll no doubt know is the HTC TyTn II.

I have the Sky Remote record working okay on my old Motorola V3i mobile and I tried downloading and installing the Sky app for the Sony phone on my Stellar but it states the data connection failed after I press the login button...any suggestions?

My gut feeling is it's my O2 access point settings that are wrong as I had to change these on my Motorola phone before the app worked.

Can I ask who your service provider is and if you had to change any settings to get the app to work?

Thanks,

John.

Guest FlexiPack

This is great, just tried it and it works! Cheers Mike & Paul.

To save googling the TNT JBED 24052007.cab can be downloaded here. It's in the links at the bottom.

Also don't forget you need to register on both the Sky+ box and on the Sky.com website.

Go to My Sky and log in (create an account if you haven't got one)

The instructions for setting up Remote Record are here

What it doesn't tell you there though (unless I missed it - which is possible!) is that you need to need to activate the "Sky Anytime on Mobile". You'll see the link on the my sky front page. It doesn't mention remote record when you look but until i activated 'sky anytime on mobile' I kept getting "your credentials are correct but you don't appear to have permission to use the mobile application" error message when I tried to log in using the Java app on my Vario III.

I hope Sky bring out a WM6 app for it though, a dedicated app with touch screen use would be great!

Edited by FlexiPack

Downloaded and installed the java client and sky mobile app.

When i try to login, i get the message "We can't currently log you in, please try again"?

Any ideas? or is the service is down and unavailable just now?

Btw, i've already registered with sky remote....and i'm able to record via the website.

So login details are correct.

Guest finisterre

Thanks for the info guys. Just got this working on my Vario II after installing the JBED Java.

Works fine, although unfortunately it only lists up to channel 899, and I sometimes like to record some of the BBC1/2 regions which are at 971 upwards.

Still pretty cool though, and cheaper than texting. Plus whenever I try to text about once a year I can never remember the format of the request.

Edited by finisterre

Guest ipaqowner
Thanks for the info guys. Just got this working on my Vario II after installing the JBED Java.

Works fine

Which version of the Sky app are you running...the Sony one with or without video or the Symbian one?

Guest finisterre
Which version of the Sky app are you running...the Sony one with or without video or the Symbian one?

The one Paul gave a link to on page 1 of this thread - Sony without TV.

Guest sbsdegb1
The one Paul gave a link to on page 1 of this thread - Sony without TV.

I have the sonywithTV JAR if anyone wants it. You need a subscriptiion to Sky Mobile TV though. Even without the subscription all the other functions work the same.

Edited by sbsdegb1

Guest creamhackered
I have the sonywithTV JAR if anyone wants it. You need a subscriptiion to Sky Mobile TV though. Even without the subscription all the other functions work the same.

Does that one work on the Kaiser? and does the TV work?

Guest AndrewH13
I can enter the username and password as you describe. Once I do this, pressing the left soft key does nothing and I can't select the login text.

I also cannot select the LOGIN, using any key, keyboard is showing centre bottom and left softkey has no function. Any ideas?

Guest AndrewH13
I also cannot select the LOGIN, using any key, keyboard is showing centre bottom and left softkey has no function. Any ideas?

PS - Using Vario II - maybe that's the problem? Anyone able to LOGIN on this?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FlexiPack

Has Sky Anytime stopped working for any of you? It was working fine until i tried it yesterday. Now I get 'Data Connection failed, Please check network coverage'

:(

I've changed nothing Java related. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling just the sky app and also the Java midlet but still getting same error message. I've tried it with my wifi router and with 3G.

Has anyone got any ideas I'm stumped

Guest sbsdegb1
Has Sky Anytime stopped working for any of you? It was working fine until i tried it yesterday. Now I get 'Data Connection failed, Please check network coverage'

:(

I've changed nothing Java related. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling just the sky app and also the Java midlet but still getting same error message. I've tried it with my wifi router and with 3G.

Has anyone got any ideas I'm stumped

Mines packed in working too. I was fine up until 4 days ago. Recording things on Sky+ when I was out etc etc... Now it fails to connect. I am on O2 and wondered whether they had blocked it.

Guest FlexiPack

It's started working again now for me. It stopped working for about 4/5 days. In which time I did a hard reset thinking i'd change some registry setting that buggered it up. Hard reset didn't fix it. Just all of a sudden started working again.

Very odd! Maybe its something to do with Sky.

have you tried connecting via a Wifi internet connection? I'm betting it's sky's problem rather than yours mate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Binning

I would like that.

Can you email it to me or put it on this thread?