O2 Settings for XDA II - MMS Especially *REQUEST*

Guest Spikefaery

Guest Spikefaery

Hello All...Now i've looked absolutely Everywhere on the NET, O2 Official Site, & Of course in this Fantastic Forum, Yet no where can i find the Settings for O2 XDA II (not mini ETC, but the original XDA II) for Wap, GPRS and most importantly MMS which i am in Dire need of.

I've seen other settings and they talk about ports under the connections...but on the XDA II there is no where i can see where i can dump the Port settings...

If someone could please give me detailed step by step guide on how to apply the correct settings for O2 Pay as you go, i would gratefully appreciate it..

Thankyou.

-Spike ;)

Guest Neil5459
Hello All...Now i've looked absolutely Everywhere on the NET, O2 Official Site, & Of course in this Fantastic Forum, Yet no where can i find the Settings for O2 XDA II (not mini ETC, but the original XDA II) for Wap, GPRS and most importantly MMS which i am in Dire need of.

I've seen other settings and they talk about ports under the connections...but on the XDA II there is no where i can see where i can dump the Port settings...

If someone could please give me detailed step by step guide on how to apply the correct settings for O2 Pay as you go, i would gratefully appreciate it..

Thankyou.

-Spike ;)

This is from our FAQ on the subject:

General Instructions for all Operators

These instructions are for Windows Mobile 5; earlier versions should have similar configuration screens. MMS settings are configured from the Messaging application. Open Messaging, then tap Menu/MMS Configuration.

The first screen allows you to make settings according to your personal preferences. Once these are selected, tap the “Servers” tab, from where you enter the operator specific settings. If there is already a profile present, you can tap it to see if the settings are correct for your operator. If so, then tap “OK”, and MMS should be operative. If incorrect, tap “Cancel” then at the configuration screen tap “New” and enter the following Operator settings.

WM2003 should be similar.

The actual O2 PAYG setup for WAP: (Mobile Web doesn't work over PAYG on O2)

Setting up WAP Connections

All mobile operators use WAP settings to access their WAP pages. These still use Pocket Internet Explorer (on WM2003 devices and later) but pages have mainly text content, so load faster, display in a more compact format for small screens, and use much less data. Some operators are now using enhanced WAP services which include some graphics.

Most WAP services will not allow opening of standard web pages, and are constrained to a “ring fenced” set of pre-defined links.

WAP Connection settings are also used by most operators for sending and receiving MMS messages, so before setting up MMS specific settings in Messaging, it is necessary to have a WAP connection configured in Connections.

In the bottom half of the Connections configuration screen (see above for accessing this screen), tap Add a new modem Connection, or Manage Existing Connections. (ignore the other options) If adding, give the connection a suitable name, or if editing an existing connection, the name should already be present, with a “Radio Button” by its name. Tap “Edit”.

“Select a Modem” should be set for “Cellular Line (GPRS)” or “Cellular Line GPRS/3G”

Now click “Next” to start inputting the operator specific settings.

O2 (note different settings for Contract and PAYG)

Access Point Name (Contract): wap.o2.co.uk

Access Point Name (PAYG): payandgo.o2.co.uk

Username (Contract) o2wap

Username (PAYG) payandgo

Password: password

Tap “Advanced” and make sure both tabs have selected “Use Server Assigned IP Address”

Tap “Finish” then Tap “Proxy Settings”.

Select “This network connects to the Internet” and “ This network connects to a proxy server…”

Tap “Advanced” then WAP. Server address is: 193.113.200.195: Port 9201. Tap OK

Tap Socks: Server is 193.113.200.195: Port 1080. Type: Socks 4. Tap OK 4 times to finish.

Hope that helps :(

Guest Spikefaery
This is from our FAQ on the subject:

General Instructions for all Operators

These instructions are for Windows Mobile 5; earlier versions should have similar configuration screens. MMS settings are configured from the Messaging application. Open Messaging, then tap Menu/MMS Configuration.

The first screen allows you to make settings according to your personal preferences. Once these are selected, tap the “Servers” tab, from where you enter the operator specific settings. If there is already a profile present, you can tap it to see if the settings are correct for your operator. If so, then tap “OK”, and MMS should be operative. If incorrect, tap “Cancel” then at the configuration screen tap “New” and enter the following Operator settings.

WM2003 should be similar.

The actual O2 PAYG setup for WAP: (Mobile Web doesn't work over PAYG on O2)

Setting up WAP Connections

All mobile operators use WAP settings to access their WAP pages. These still use Pocket Internet Explorer (on WM2003 devices and later) but pages have mainly text content, so load faster, display in a more compact format for small screens, and use much less data. Some operators are now using enhanced WAP services which include some graphics.

Most WAP services will not allow opening of standard web pages, and are constrained to a “ring fenced” set of pre-defined links.

WAP Connection settings are also used by most operators for sending and receiving MMS messages, so before setting up MMS specific settings in Messaging, it is necessary to have a WAP connection configured in Connections.

In the bottom half of the Connections configuration screen (see above for accessing this screen), tap Add a new modem Connection, or Manage Existing Connections. (ignore the other options) If adding, give the connection a suitable name, or if editing an existing connection, the name should already be present, with a “Radio Button” by its name. Tap “Edit”.

“Select a Modem” should be set for “Cellular Line (GPRS)” or “Cellular Line GPRS/3G”

Now click “Next” to start inputting the operator specific settings.

O2 (note different settings for Contract and PAYG)

Access Point Name (Contract): wap.o2.co.uk

Access Point Name (PAYG): payandgo.o2.co.uk

Username (Contract) o2wap

Username (PAYG) payandgo

Password: password

Tap “Advanced” and make sure both tabs have selected “Use Server Assigned IP Address”

Tap “Finish” then Tap “Proxy Settings”.

Select “This network connects to the Internet” and “ This network connects to a proxy server…”

Tap “Advanced” then WAP. Server address is: 193.113.200.195: Port 9201. Tap OK

Tap Socks: Server is 193.113.200.195: Port 1080. Type: Socks 4. Tap OK 4 times to finish.

Hope that helps ;)

WoW thats done it...Works a charm..Thankyou sooo Much... :(

Owe ya one...

-Spike