Verizon Samsung i760: GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER bug

Guest The PocketTV Team

Guest The PocketTV Team

Apparently there is a display driver bug on the Verizon Samsung i760 that causes some games and video applications to misbehave or display video incorrectly.

We traced the issue to GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER: On the Samsung i760, rfbi.cxPixels and rfbi.cyPixels are permuted when GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER is called while the display is in Landscape orientation.

Edited by The PocketTV Team

• 5 months later...
Guest Green_Lantern620
Apparently there is a display driver bug on the Verizon Samsung i760 that causes some games and video applications to misbehave or display video incorrectly.

We traced the issue to GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER: On the Samsung i760, rfbi.cxPixels and rfbi.cyPixels are permuted when GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER is called while the display is in Landscape orientation.

I have the i760. I do notice a little bit of the misbehavior. How do I fix it? Any info?

Guest The PocketTV Team
I have the i760. I do notice a little bit of the misbehavior. How do I fix it? Any info?

You cannot fix it.

Each application or game that uses the GETRAWFRAMEBUFFER API must be modified by their developers to take this bug into account and work around it. The problems that you observe are probably with applications or games that have not been addapted to work with the i760, or with older versions of those applications or games.