• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

I have to say - well done T-mob UK for getting this released - really didn't think they would.

Its not TMob UK though, is it? There is no sign of it on the TMob website and I would not be surprised if it was supported by TMob until THEY have released it, not HTC.

binben

binben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi all

After upgrading to wm6 are you able to return to the oringial software ver

thanks

binben

binben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Its not TMob UK though, is it? There is no sign of it on the TMob website and I would not be surprised if it was supported by TMob until THEY have released it, not HTC.

RUU_Hermes_TMO_UK_3.60.110.4_6275_1.50.00.00_108_Ship.exe

Pandemonium

Pandemonium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, computer, Formula 1, photography
  • Devices:HTC Tytn II

Got it all installed,

The T-mo branding is pretty ugly, thank god I had a copy of an all black theme.

not too sure if I like the 'quick tray' icons at the bottom of the screen though - we'll see after a few days use.

I'll probably get the Today screen looking like the Iphone anyway, just as I had when I was running WM5 (that one really confused people)

I have to say - well done T-mob UK for getting this released - really didn't think they would.

right off to set my WiFi, email, ringtones etc..

I don't seem to have a tray anymore and I can't get it back. No quicklaunch icons either - can't get them working!

VeryRisky

VeryRisky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Well I am having problems connecting over USB to my Vista laptop. Could this be because I installed the HTC vista drivers and it want's to go aback to using the installed ones.

However over bluetooth the Internet Sharing is working like a dream.

FragMeister

FragMeister

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:MDA Compact IV<br />MDA Vario II<br />MDA Compact<br />Original SPV
  • Devices:MDA Compact IV

hi all
After upgrading to wm6 are you able to return to the oringial software ver
thanks

As T-Mobile never released any WM5 updates for the Vario II, this would not be straightforward.

There are roms available that people made as a back up to their WM5 phone prior to upgrading with the HTC/Black Magik roms, so if you are desperate to go back this should be possible. I am no expert on this however, and there may be issues with the radio version.

Posted Image

VeryRisky

VeryRisky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I found it by following this link
https://www.t-mobile...-ii-update.aspx http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=339049" target="_blank">this thread on xda developers)

which gave me a link to http://member.htc.co...Step1-TMNL.aspx

which I changed to UK.aspx, and we're away. So yes it is from T-mobile, just not uk as such or yet or something.

welshgaz

welshgaz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact III
Can I use this on my Tmobile MDA Compact 3? I assume this is just the WM6 software. Do I just run the installer from my desktop now that I have downloaded it, or do I need to wait for an MDA Compact 3 version? ;)

Cheers
Welshgaz

Posted Image
???, Philips Diga (BT Cellnet), Philips C12 (BT Cellnet), Nokia 7110 (Orange), Samsung A300 (Orange), Nokia 7650 (Orange), MPx200 (Orange), SPV C500 (Orange), MDA Vario (T-Mobile)

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, Kaiser
If you want a Compact 3 shaped paperweight, then yes ;)

ROM updates are device specific

welshgaz

welshgaz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Devices:MDA Compact III

If you want a Compact 3 shaped paperweight, then yes ;)

ROM updates are device specific

Cheers mate, nearly made a bit of a mistake then!! Think I'll get back onto TMobile - they told me a couple of months back that they aren't upgrading any phones to WM6.

Welshgaz

Posted Image
???, Philips Diga (BT Cellnet), Philips C12 (BT Cellnet), Nokia 7110 (Orange), Samsung A300 (Orange), Nokia 7650 (Orange), MPx200 (Orange), SPV C500 (Orange), MDA Vario (T-Mobile)

cleandemon

cleandemon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I've installed this after much faffing about with error 260 and all that nonsense and so far it feels much faster than my old WM5.

I really want to get rid of the awful T-mobile stuff though now and replace with the windows mobile default stuff, namely the dialler, comm manager and also the crap icons for contacts, messages, organiser and call register. I've found de-branding stuff for the vario III, but had no luck for the vario II.

Can anyone help with some lovely cabs or something?

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Cheers binben.

Gisky

Gisky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Vario III, Pulse

Vario III already has WM6 officially. Why would you want to download this?

Because the screenshot on the link said "with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack" which I was hoping might add MSN

mandt

mandt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Devices:Diamond, Kaiser
Just finished installing this, and it's not great (BIG understatement)

No HTC Home
Old version of X-button (no today icon)
Old style comm manager and dialpad
No messenger (no surprise there though)
ClearVue PDF instead of Adobe Reader LE
Horrible 'extended' system tray

If you do install this soft-reset before the customisation kicks in and put your operator settings in manually

everton2004

everton2004

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Devices:Xperia X1 (WinMo 6.5)
Well I tried the official T-Mob ROM last night and to my horror - where has all my Storage memory gone???? ;)

Talk about a bloated ROM! Suffice to say it wasn't installed for long and I'm now back on the Black Satin ROM. It was a nice thought, having an official ROM, but when they fill it full of useless stuff that all your storage memory vanishes - what's the point??!!

Note to T-Mobile (and Orange for that matter):

Please stop ruining the WM ROMS with your bloatware and use the official ROMs from HTC instead. We don't need T-Mob/Orange branding on every screen we see - the handsets themselves are already branded with your logos (which in some cases ruins the look completely - the HTC Touch on Orange for example).

Oh dear I got myself on a bit of a rant there! :D It's just annoying that WM phones can be fantastic yet the Operators take it upon themselves to slap their branding all over it and make a complete hash of what should be a fantastic handset (which luckily I have by using a 'cooked' ROM rather than T-Mob's version). :(

Gadgets:

SonyEricsson Xperia, HP iPaq 614c, MDA Vario II, Moto MPX220

BazzaS

BazzaS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:T-Mob MDA Vario II
Well, I've taken the plunge and flashed my vario II to WM6.

The good news is it has fixed the 'keypad tones' issue I mentioned in http://www.modaco.co...et/#entry813474, while not re-installing the T-mobile SIM lock.

"Wireless Modem" has gone, replaced by "Internet Sharing", which works with a few tweaks (such as moving up to ActiveSync 4.5).

I also noted that I no longer have an 'HTC USB modem' recognized, but I saw in the 'new hardware' dialog ' HTC USB Sync' (which was installed as part of the RUU update/flashing programs).

It seems now to be part of a Local Area connection and things are measured in 'packets' - that is to say I used to connect via a DUN connection using the HTC USB modem, and that has gone, replaced by a network adaptor "Windows Mobile-based Internet Sharing Device"

1) Should I have expected this, and
2) Can anyone tell me how to get back or otherwise provide the 'data uploaded and downloaded' counter that used to appear as part of the session dialog?

Cheers,
BazzaS

humayun

humayun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear can you send me the lonk to download the file. I and in Saudi Arabia and not using the tmobile sim any more due to its network but i unlocked my MDA and want to upgrade it. Pls help.

Deejay

Deejay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Don't think this is a UK release - but a USA release - If I am wrong thats great!
Can anyone clarify? ;)

Regards,
Dave

ricardo the fish

ricardo the fish

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Touch Pro 2

Don't think this is a UK release - but a USA release - If I am wrong thats great!
Can anyone clarify? ;)

Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Deffo T mob UK. Have a look at the file name of .exe downloaded from HTC

Note the 'UK' bit.

Also in the first post VeryRisky states that all he did to find it was change pert of the URL from NL to UK

still not sure how 'Official' this is as I don't think there is yet a link from the T-mob website.

Seems to work well though - occasionally doesn't like TCPMP for some strange reason :(

Ricardo

VeryRisky

VeryRisky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Hi Dave,

Deffo T mob UK. Have a look at the file name of .exe downloaded from HTC

Note the 'UK' bit.

Also in the first post VeryRisky states that all he did to find it was change pert of the URL from NL to UK

still not sure how 'Official' this is as I don't think there is yet a link from the T-mob website.

Seems to work well though - occasionally doesn't like TCPMP for some strange reason ;)

Ricardo

Just to clarify, the stating point was a link from the tmobile.nl website, though not to the file we are using here.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users