Official T-mobile WM6 download live?

Guest VeryRisky

Guest FragMeister
hi all

After upgrading to wm6 are you able to return to the oringial software ver

thanks

As T-Mobile never released any WM5 updates for the Vario II, this would not be straightforward.

There are roms available that people made as a back up to their WM5 phone prior to upgrading with the HTC/Black Magik roms, so if you are desperate to go back this should be possible. I am no expert on this however, and there may be issues with the radio version.

Guest VeryRisky
Its not TMob UK though, is it? There is no sign of it on the TMob website and I would not be surprised if it was supported by TMob until THEY have released it, not HTC.

I found it by following this link

https://www.t-mobile.nl/zakelijk/htdocs/pag...-ii-update.aspx http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=339049" target="_blank">this thread on xda developers)

which gave me a link to http://member.htc.com/ruudownload/t-mobile...Step1-TMNL.aspx

which I changed to UK.aspx, and we're away. So yes it is from T-mobile, just not uk as such or yet or something.

Guest welshgaz

Can I use this on my Tmobile MDA Compact 3? I assume this is just the WM6 software. Do I just run the installer from my desktop now that I have downloaded it, or do I need to wait for an MDA Compact 3 version? ;)

Cheers

Welshgaz

Guest welshgaz
If you want a Compact 3 shaped paperweight, then yes ;)

ROM updates are device specific

Cheers mate, nearly made a bit of a mistake then!! Think I'll get back onto TMobile - they told me a couple of months back that they aren't upgrading any phones to WM6.

Welshgaz

Guest cleandemon

I've installed this after much faffing about with error 260 and all that nonsense and so far it feels much faster than my old WM5.

I really want to get rid of the awful T-mobile stuff though now and replace with the windows mobile default stuff, namely the dialler, comm manager and also the crap icons for contacts, messages, organiser and call register. I've found de-branding stuff for the vario III, but had no luck for the vario II.

Can anyone help with some lovely cabs or something?

Vario III already has WM6 officially. Why would you want to download this?

Because the screenshot on the link said "with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack" which I was hoping might add MSN

Just finished installing this, and it's not great (BIG understatement)

No HTC Home

Old version of X-button (no today icon)

Old style comm manager and dialpad

No messenger (no surprise there though)

ClearVue PDF instead of Adobe Reader LE

Horrible 'extended' system tray

If you do install this soft-reset before the customisation kicks in and put your operator settings in manually

Well I tried the official T-Mob ROM last night and to my horror - where has all my Storage memory gone???? ;)

Talk about a bloated ROM! Suffice to say it wasn't installed for long and I'm now back on the Black Satin ROM. It was a nice thought, having an official ROM, but when they fill it full of useless stuff that all your storage memory vanishes - what's the point??!!

Note to T-Mobile (and Orange for that matter):

Please stop ruining the WM ROMS with your bloatware and use the official ROMs from HTC instead. We don't need T-Mob/Orange branding on every screen we see - the handsets themselves are already branded with your logos (which in some cases ruins the look completely - the HTC Touch on Orange for example).

Oh dear I got myself on a bit of a rant there! :D It's just annoying that WM phones can be fantastic yet the Operators take it upon themselves to slap their branding all over it and make a complete hash of what should be a fantastic handset (which luckily I have by using a 'cooked' ROM rather than T-Mob's version). :(

Well, I've taken the plunge and flashed my vario II to WM6.

The good news is it has fixed the 'keypad tones' issue I mentioned in http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Hermes-H...et/#entry813474, while not re-installing the T-mobile SIM lock.

"Wireless Modem" has gone, replaced by "Internet Sharing", which works with a few tweaks (such as moving up to ActiveSync 4.5).

I also noted that I no longer have an 'HTC USB modem' recognized, but I saw in the 'new hardware' dialog ' HTC USB Sync' (which was installed as part of the RUU update/flashing programs).

It seems now to be part of a Local Area connection and things are measured in 'packets' - that is to say I used to connect via a DUN connection using the HTC USB modem, and that has gone, replaced by a network adaptor "Windows Mobile-based Internet Sharing Device"

1) Should I have expected this, and

2) Can anyone tell me how to get back or otherwise provide the 'data uploaded and downloaded' counter that used to appear as part of the session dialog?

Cheers,

BazzaS

Guest humayun

Dear can you send me the lonk to download the file. I and in Saudi Arabia and not using the tmobile sim any more due to its network but i unlocked my MDA and want to upgrade it. Pls help.

I have to say - well done T-mob UK for getting this released - really didn't think they would.

Don't think this is a UK release - but a USA release - If I am wrong thats great!

Can anyone clarify? ;)

Regards,

Dave

Guest ricardo the fish
Don't think this is a UK release - but a USA release - If I am wrong thats great!

Can anyone clarify? ;)

Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Deffo T mob UK. Have a look at the file name of .exe downloaded from HTC

RUU_Hermes_TMO_UK_3.60.110.4_6275_1.50.00.00_108_Ship.exe

Note the 'UK' bit.

Also in the first post VeryRisky states that all he did to find it was change pert of the URL from NL to UK

still not sure how 'Official' this is as I don't think there is yet a link from the T-mob website.

Seems to work well though - occasionally doesn't like TCPMP for some strange reason :(

Ricardo

Guest VeryRisky
Hi Dave,

Deffo T mob UK. Have a look at the file name of .exe downloaded from HTC

RUU_Hermes_TMO_UK_3.60.110.4_6275_1.50.00.00_108_Ship.exe

Note the 'UK' bit.

Also in the first post VeryRisky states that all he did to find it was change pert of the URL from NL to UK

still not sure how 'Official' this is as I don't think there is yet a link from the T-mob website.

Seems to work well though - occasionally doesn't like TCPMP for some strange reason ;)

Ricardo

Just to clarify, the stating point was a link from the tmobile.nl website, though not to the file we are using here.....

Guest Ceilidh

While it's true there's no version of MSN (or Terminal Services Client) installed by default, I managed to Google around and get a copy of Windows Live Messenger for PPC (Emoticons and File transfers finally! ;) ) and an updated version of the TSC called "WM6 Remote Desktop" which gives you the new options of 16-bit color, a proper disconnect button (no more opening the task manager and going Shut Down -> Disconnect), and no scrollbars! There's a little box in the bottom right hand corner you can scroll around with your stylus instead. (And no, it doesn't hide the sys tray on the remote PC - you can scroll down past it to make it fully visible).

Just needs a little clever thinking with Google and you're set.

Just finished installing this, and it's not great (BIG understatement)

No HTC Home

Old version of X-button (no today icon)

Old style comm manager and dialpad

No messenger (no surprise there though)

ClearVue PDF instead of Adobe Reader LE

Horrible 'extended' system tray

If you do install this soft-reset before the customisation kicks in and put your operator settings in manually

Is there anyway of removing/hiding the extended system tray? i cannot seem to find a way!

Guest Phil John
put the network settings in manually and it's soooo much better

why bother with manually? Download the T-Mobile Settings (fixed).cab from xda-developers and install it manually after the hard reset.

why bother with manually? Download the T-Mobile Settings (fixed).cab from xda-developers and install it manually after the hard reset.

One problem that used to exist after not loading the ExtROM with the WM5 ROM shipped with the device was that dial tones didn't work when you phoned a call centre. Can you confirm that you are able to use phone services that require key tones?

Or better still theres an app on HTC E-club you can use, but of course not everyone knows about, or has, these things so for clarity I said manually ;)

Guest Ceilidh

I do have one question about the WM6 ROM though... how the heck do I get it to work as a modem with XP now :/

I've tried using the Internet Connection Sharing but when I go to connect, it just throws an error on the PPC.

Come back Wireless Modem app, all is forgiven!

Guest demonfish

Thanks for posting the download link. I flashed my Vario to WM6, and all went swimmingly......one thing is REALLY peeing me off though. I'm posting in the hope someone with more brains/time has a fix.

To write new text message in WM5 was easy - toggle through Outlook/email/SMS using the Messaging button then hit New (left softkey) . Maximum 3 clicks. Easy as.

Since flashing to WM6 I toggle through Outlook/email/SMS&MMS (they're lumped in together now) as before. Left softkey is now 'Delete' instead of 'New' so I have to select Menu>New using right softkey then scroll to select SMS using wheel or dial. That's 3 clicks on the Messaging button, 2 on the softkey then one on wheel/dial. Nasty!

Is this the same with everyone's install of WM6 or can I fix it? I'll throw it against the wall if I have to to do that every time I want to write a text.

Cheers

DF