keep or get rid of s710

Guest spark9990

Hi,

I'm starting to not like my S710 - Its TOO slow.

i'm thinking of getting a Tytn II - should i get it?

Get whatever you want. But when you overclock the S710 it becomes much more usable.

Hi,

I'm starting to not like my S710 - Its TOO slow.

i'm thinking of getting a Tytn II - should i get it?

(Sorry 4 my ngliz) The s710 is not so slow, Windows Mobile (2003, 2003SE, 2005, 6...) is too slow, for example coz the first time you want to acces to a link on the Start Menu he looks all the store space for broken links (Coz we, Idiots, don't know if we have erase a program) If you install a Task Manager and an alternative link manager like Right Menu with your more used links, he works much better. A 200 Mhz processor with 64 Mb RAM must been a rocket with a good designed mobile operative system. My old PI 120 Mhz 32 Mb RAM with Windows 95 is'nt so slow but. one more time, Microsoft have maked a twisted s*** SOP.

Guest spark9990
(Sorry 4 my ngliz) The s710 is not so slow, Windows Mobile (2003, 2003SE, 2005, 6...) is too slow, for example coz the first time you want to acces to a link on the Start Menu he looks all the store space for broken links (Coz we, Idiots, don't know if we have erase a program) If you install a Task Manager and an alternative link manager like Right Menu with your more used links, he works much better. A 200 Mhz processor with 64 Mb RAM must been a rocket with a good designed mobile operative system. My old PI 120 Mhz 32 Mb RAM with Windows 95 is'nt so slow but. one more time, Microsoft have maked a twisted s*** SOP.

It is slow - i know how to take care of it; i dont use any themes, i always kill all programs from task manager.

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, it is sluggish some times.

I tend to use Messaging, Papyrus, Contacts and PIE a lot - so in the morning I open them and leave them running all day.

I haven't tried overclocking yet, but might do if I ever get some spare time

• 3 weeks later...

I'd get rid of my Vox too, but don't have money to go for TyTN II or Touch

And I think I won't be able to sell it easily, due to the rubber charger trouble, the rubber in memory slot, some scratches, etc. ;)

Guest Samsonite

gotta admit, i'm getting a little tired of the E650... not entirely sure why.

P'raps its down to the speed, maybe its WM in general.. I think i'm just bored...

I have my phone sync'd with my work Outlook environment. i can play music thru an FM doo-hickey in the car. I can surf the web and IM people. I can squish entire DVD's onto the microSD card (even tho i have only ever watched a whole movie ONCE). and i have a qwerty keyboard to flip in and out to my hearts content.

but i'm booooored... I find myself drawn to N95's cos of its feature list but would have to pay thru the nose for it SIM free and then try and talk O not giving me a UMTS/HSDPA SIM so its not likely to happen until end of year bonus time!!

so the question is, what can i do to re-invigorate my relationship with WM and the E650 in particular. Is there an aspect of the phone/OS i am missing out on?

Guest S710demon

I've seen what the N95 can do but I do like WM more then Symbian. Because of the customisation I can do to it.

However the N95 is a really good phone and you have to keep it stock it will allways be good. Like all Nokias I have experienced.