Just flash my phone with HTC rom . . . . . .

Guest joemailey

Guest joemailey

And it worked well.

Seems bit faster also, comes with Windows live and stuff installed.

noticed it being bit more responsive compare to orange rom. :-)

It did give me a scare when it seemed to hang on the "windows mobile screen" for what felt like for ever(was really only 10mins lol)

Much faster i think.

Guest jamin100
And it worked well.

Seems bit faster also, comes with Windows live and stuff installed.

noticed it being bit more responsive compare to orange rom. :-)

It did give me a scare when it seemed to hang on the "windows mobile screen" for what felt like for ever(was really only 10mins lol)

Much faster i think.

Where did you get this rom from?

Guest joemailey

xda-develpoers ;)

edit : in keeping with MoDaCo policy, can I ask that you don't post a direct link to an unofficial ROM download.

Thanks

Edited by Disco Stu
board policy

Guest jamin100
xda-develpoers ;)

I'll put it on my site today and post back with a link to it if u want?

If you could that would be great as i cant get the the FTP dump over at xda devs.

Which ROM is it? I read a post ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341201 ) saying that this ROM was the best

HTC_Vox_ARA_1.27.415.4_4.1.13.47_02.98.90

And saying that the

RUU_Vox_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.2_4.1.13.37_02.83.90_Ship ROM was as bad as the Orange ROM

Guest jamin100
i used RUU_Vox_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.2_4.1.13.37_02.83.90_Ship ROM

will try the HTC_Vox_ARA_1.27.415.4_4.1.13.47_02.98.90 and get back to u.

Thanks alot ;)

Guest joemailey

just installed the rom don't notice a difference really.

aw well.

(link removed)

both roms r there.

Edited by Disco Stu
consistency with post #3 above !

Guest jamin100

Well it worked but now i cant type anything? All i get is squares?

All other functions seem to be working ok but i cant text or add a contact so its a pretty major problem

Guest jamin100
Well it worked but now i cant type anything? All i get is squares?

All other functions seem to be working ok but i cant text or add a contact so its a pretty major problem

Never mind, I just needed to change the language from arabic to english

just installed the rom don't notice a difference really.

aw well.

(link removed)

both roms r there.

You will get the difference with time, this rom (htc 1.15) is going down and down with time. Get the Ara 1.27 - no problems whatsoever.

You will get the difference with time, this rom (htc 1.15) is going down and down with time. Get the Ara 1.27 - no problems whatsoever.

Just can't get this to work Downloaded the 3 files from hardwareoholic and followed the instructions - got to the final stage of the DOS screen where it tells you to run RUU session - but as soon as the update gets to 3% it returns an invalid vendor ID error. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Guest joemailey

I'm not sure what your doing wrong.

Works fine for me (i've done it the way i posted on my site about 8times lol)

I reflashed my phone back to HTC 1.15. for some reasonthe other rom kept given me squares even when i changed the settings , it typed fine for a while then went back to quares.

Guest craigmck
I'm not sure what your doing wrong.

Works fine for me (i've done it the way i posted on my site about 8times lol)

I reflashed my phone back to HTC 1.15. for some reasonthe other rom kept given me squares even when i changed the settings , it typed fine for a while then went back to quares.

I have the same problem, when it started for the first time it asked if I wanted to install a program, it seemed to be some arabic language pack, foolishly I said yes, now can't get rid of the squares, will try again and cancel the arabic file, if not will go to 1.15 as well

Guest jamin100

To get rid of the squares just open a new text message, hold down the * key then go to language and select English.

I didnt install the arabic language when prompted.

Worked for me

Edited by jamin100

Guest craigmck
To get rid of the squares just open a new text message, hold down the * key then go to language and select English.

I didnt install the arabic language when prompted.

Worked for me

easy when you know how!

thanks for that now working well

• 3 weeks later...
Guest superzuster
If you could that would be great as i cant get the the FTP dump over at xda devs.

Which ROM is it? I read a post ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341201 ) saying that this ROM was the best

HTC_Vox_ARA_1.27.415.4_4.1.13.47_02.98.90

And saying that the

RUU_Vox_HTC_WWE_1.15.405.2_4.1.13.37_02.83.90_Ship ROM was as bad as the Orange ROM

I did flashed my rom to 1.27, but now my s710 can't boot into windows. I get the HTC bootscreen, then the phone vibrates, and power turns off. I have to remove the battery, and then is al start again, but no wm6, only htc bootsctreen en vibrating.

HELP HELP

does anyone know how i can fixed it, because now my phone is useless.

greetz Xview

Guest Confucious

Why are you guys who are not in Arabic countries instaling Arabic (ARA) ROMS instead of the World Wide English ROMS? Not something I'd do in a hurry!

Anyone fetting an invalid vendor ID error hasn't CID unlocked their phone.

Glad I have an Ameo - there are far better ROMS cooked for it than standard HTC ones!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest edgecombe

Hi - I just tried to run the 1.27 ROM (HTC_Vox_ARA_1.27.415.4_4.1.13.47_02.98.90.exe) however it stops at 3% with "ERROR [228] : INVALID FILE SIZE" I am confused as the file is precisely 44,259,738 bytes which is what the FTP site states it should be - any ideas? FYI I am trying to upgrade an unlocked Orange (UK) E650 with ROM version 1.14.61.2 - image of error message attached. Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

post-330027-1196954767_thumb.jpg