M700 and TomTom 6 issues

Guest dr_neil

Guest dr_neil

OK, I'm new here and have a problem with my M700

I had a genuine version of TomTom 6 turn up today which I installed without problems. SD card straight in and it installed, activated it OK.

I went outside to use it and it worked fine, planned a route, looked at the maps but when I put in a London address it said London didn't exist...and the I got a "no maps found" error.

So this is where I was stupid....I thought I could just uninstall the TomTom software and then reinstall it. It unstalled fine, but now there does not appear to be anyway I can reinstall it.

I've taken the SD card out, but it back in again. The files are there but the autorun doesn't work. I'm presuming TomTom has installed a file or files somwhere that are preventing the autorun from allowing me to reinstall. Any ideas how I can get it to reinstall?

Guest OzzMosiz

I get the "No Maps" occur every now and then (come to think of it not that often since upgrading to WM6), and just pushing the card out and in fixed it. How large is your SD card?

Guest FORCEFOXFIVE
OK, I'm new here and have a problem with my M700

I had a genuine version of TomTom 6 turn up today which I installed without problems. SD card straight in and it installed, activated it OK.

I went outside to use it and it worked fine, planned a route, looked at the maps but when I put in a London address it said London didn't exist...and the I got a "no maps found" error.

So this is where I was stupid....I thought I could just uninstall the TomTom software and then reinstall it. It unstalled fine, but now there does not appear to be anyway I can reinstall it.

I've taken the SD card out, but it back in again. The files are there but the autorun doesn't work. I'm presuming TomTom has installed a file or files somwhere that are preventing the autorun from allowing me to reinstall. Any ideas how I can get it to reinstall?

First question is have you made a back-up copy of your TT6??? I learnt this quite some time with a tomtom unit I bought but thats another story ;)

Buy another larger SD card and copy the TT6 onto it and use the copy to run TT. Or try and head on over and register(free) http://www.dirksoft.co.uk/forum/, the guys are very helpful and you'll get a quick response to :(

Edited by FORCEFOXFIVE

Guest dr_neil
First question is have you made a back-up copy of your TT6??? I learnt this quite some time with a tomtom unit I bought but thats another story ;)

Buy another larger SD card and copy the TT6 onto it and use the copy to run TT. Or try and head on over and register(free) http://www.dirksoft.co.uk/forum/, the guys are very helpful and you'll get a quick response to :(

Thanks for the replies, it looks like the SD card is corrupt as I can't copy the files and a reinstall fails. I'll be retuening it and trying again with the replacement.