Keypad Touch-Tones

Guest chaznet

Guest chaznet

From the homescreen, when I start pressing buttons to dial a number, the kepad button pressing generates loud touch-tone sounds. With all previous versions on WM, I was able to shut this off -- the last option in the Sounds setting screen for 'Keypad Tones' could be turned off. This happens just in 'Normal' profile, as in the other profiles 'System Sounds' are turned off and this includes those tones.

On my Shadow, the 'Keypad Tones' setting doesn't appear in the Sounds setting screen. I couldn't locate anything in the registry -- anyone else run into this and figure out how to shut those LOUD touchtones off?!

Guest bruins6020

I believe that if you go to profiles and Menu then edit and scroll all the way to the bottom you can adjust the system sounds which includes the level of the keypad sound.

Guest chaznet

Thanks anyway, but, as I explained... that's what I did. This is not the way it should work, as lowering or turning off System Sounds shuts off a lot more than just those touch tone noises.

Again -- the 'Keypad Tones' setting is missing from the 'Sounds' setting screen -- anyone know how to get it back?

I believe that if you go to profiles and Menu then edit and scroll all the way to the bottom you can adjust the system sounds which includes the level of the keypad sound.