134 replies to this topic

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

Mebbe you need to appunlock your device? Have you done this? If you don't know what I mean, head over to Paul's post here about changing the Neo home screen and such where he also includes the app that can appunlock your Shadow.

Kermit Woodall
Managing Editor
GadgetNutz.com

I've already app unlocked it as well. I think it just won't let me modify the files that are in use.. but I don't know how to disable them.. ;)

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Any ideas?? It's really driving me crazy...

the_matrixx

the_matrixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Shadow, Wing, MDA

Any ideas?? It's really driving me crazy...

What color are you trying?

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

What color are you trying?

Green. I've already copied and Photoshopped all the files, I just can't paste them back into my Windows folder for some reason..

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile: Shadow; Dash; SDA
Same here -- have tried renaming or deleting them via my desktop, not possible -- unchecking the 'read only' box doesn't work either. Also tried the same using Resco Explorer on the device, same issue. My Shadow is also app-unlocked.

Green. I've already copied and Photoshopped all the files, I just can't paste them back into my Windows folder for some reason..

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Paul, do you know what we're missing here?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
The easiest way would be to install a CAB, other than that, you could try renaming the files in the Windows dir, and then copying the new versions.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
Chances are it'll throw up some errors during the rename etc. using that method, but it SHOULD work ;)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
It won't let me rename the files.. but how do I do it with a CAB?

the_matrixx

the_matrixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Shadow, Wing, MDA

It won't let me rename the files.. but how do I do it with a CAB?

Here.

Attached Files

trickinit

trickinit

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Here.

You are seriously the man! Thanks!

bluefrequency

bluefrequency

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Tmobile shadow
This is just a note, focused on the web/links on the left. (the default options are 4 fold: MS portable IE, T-zones ringers, T-zones background, My Account).
The registry entries for these are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks.

• the Iconpaths key includes the path to the active image (highlighted, 1st), the inactive image (unhighlighted, 3rd, and something else).
  • the Pages key includes which pages, and in what order, the pages are displayed.

in each page subkey, e.g. Page5 or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks\Page5

• ACTIONURL is what happens when you press enter, in the following format: "program; [website]". ex. ":MSPIE; google.com" = MS portable IE, opening google.com
  • the GUID is the same across all the Page keys- just copy and paste
  • PICTURES is the image link- i used .png s and dropped them in the \windows\ directory. theoretically, you could change the repository and/or size, I haven't tried. nor have I tried other formats.
  • SK2TEXT is the right soft button text (e.g. "gmail")
  • SK2URL is the right softbutton action, following the ACTIONURL format: e.g. ":MSPIE;gmail.com" to open gmail.
  • TEXT1 is the bold, main text (I'm pretty sure, double check it) (ex. "Google")
  • TEXT2 is something else, don't ask me, i don't know
  • TITLETEXT is the small text above the big- format "text [a/b]", where text is the value of TITLETEXT, and a is the index of
    the Page, b is the number of total Pages ."Internet [3/4]" or "Mail [2/4]". 

That all I know, though if anyone has a working faded of the MS IE icon to use instead of the faded T-Mob hotspot one, I would love it.
Cheers

Why would you have PCMIA entries in a WM6 smartphone registry??

mesallem

mesallem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Can someone make me a cab file to match the guava bubbles color scheme on the shadow, i really like that color...also does anyone know how to add a custom color scheme? is it possible?

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Here's something I made as I got sick of the default theme. :( Feel free to download the zip if you like what you see. I'm only zipped up the background images and color scheme to keep the zip small. If you like the icons, you can download the iCandy iconsets from iconaholic.com. Just unzip the PNGs to the \Windows folder and the XML to \Application Data\Home folder. :D

Attached Files

• Attached File  01.png   47.54KB   24 downloads
  • Attached File  02.png   45.05KB   17 downloads
  • Attached File  03.png   50.69KB   13 downloads
  • Attached File  04.png   46.68KB   9 downloads
  • Attached File  05.png   53.47KB   9 downloads
  • Attached File  06.png   63.3KB   8 downloads
  • Attached File  07.png   89.99KB   8 downloads
  • Attached File  08.png   48.24KB   8 downloads
  • Attached File  files.zip   93.79KB   275 downloads

Edited by hamsuplo, 28 November 2007 - 03:40 AM.

MetalSlug

MetalSlug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Here's something I made as I got sick of the default theme. :( Feel free to download the zip if you like what you see. I'm only zipped up the background images and color scheme to keep the zip small. If you like the icons, you can download the iCandy iconsets from iconaholic.com. Just unzip the PNGs to the \Windows folder and the XML to \Application Data\Home folder. :D

I love it, great work.

zordox

zordox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:t-mobile shadow

looks nice. question, where did you get the blue scheme .xml file? i have basehueexpress but it doesnt have black or grey. any help appreciated.

Edited by zordox, 28 November 2007 - 03:54 AM.

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

looks nice. question, where did you get the blue scheme .xml file? i have basehueexpress but it doesnt have black or grey. any help appreciated.

I created the XML myself. If you are looking for black/gray, just open the XML in notepad and edit with the appropriate color, something like #000000. Hope that helps. :(

Edited by hamsuplo, 28 November 2007 - 04:41 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
Hamsuplo, that looks SWEET, nice work! :(

P

Posted Image

hamsuplo

hamsuplo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Thanks Paul and MetalSlug! Glad you enjoy it. :( Still messing around with the neo theme so the files I posted may not be as clean as I want it to be. If I do clean it up some more, I'll post them. :D

Does anyone know how to change the Comm Manager background? I think this is the only part that I can seem to change. TIA!

gbenrus25

gbenrus25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:SDA
wow... that's just so impresssive. well done Hamsuplo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users