alternatives to batti ?

Guest mrdo

hi,

i've been a batti boy (groan) for a while now but i think that it's responsible for my screen going corrupt every now and again.

does anyone else have their screen going corrupt (text goes fuzzy, multiple icons are displayed, etc) on the top bar of their kaiser ?

if i'm correct and batti is the culprit, can anyone suggest a decent (and obviously free) battery monitor ? i prefer those ones with a line across the top of the screen if that makes sense ...

whilst i'm ranting, my keyboard backlight comes on when i slide open the keyboard. if i wait a minute (deep in thought, etc), the light goes off but doesn't come on again when i start typing ? anyone else experiencing this ? i'm using the default t-mobile build ...

thanks in advance

mrdo!

Guest dolbe666
hi,

i've been a batti boy (groan) for a while now but i think that it's responsible for my screen going corrupt every now and again.

does anyone else have their screen going corrupt (text goes fuzzy, multiple icons are displayed, etc) on the top bar of their kaiser ?

if i'm correct and batti is the culprit, can anyone suggest a decent (and obviously free) battery monitor ? i prefer those ones with a line across the top of the screen if that makes sense ...

whilst i'm ranting, my keyboard backlight comes on when i slide open the keyboard. if i wait a minute (deep in thought, etc), the light goes off but doesn't come on again when i start typing ? anyone else experiencing this ? i'm using the default t-mobile build ...

thanks in advance

mrdo!

Im not sure if the batti app is causing the problems but spb pocket plus does the line accross the top for the battery, ive always liked that. I hate the normal battery icon. its not free though. it looks quite good and pocket plus has other bennefits also as you can see

post-294035-1195144032_thumb.jpg

Edited by dolbe666

Guest hotphil

I had the screen corruption issue and having thought about it, it hasn't happened since I got rid of Batti... But then I've also done a hard reset following the "new device - must load all possible apps on it and see what's useful to me and then hard reset" phase of ownership. Not conclusive I know.

hmmmm. thanks for the replies guys. it used to happen all the time on my hermes after i'd flashed it so i just assumed it was one of the numerous bugs ...

looks like i may have to uninstall all of my apps to try and identify the culprit. groan.

off to reinstall batti ...

:-(

Guest wizzzard

pBar is an excellent task manager which can display a battery line at the top of the screen ala Batti.

It is discussed in this thread over a XDA-Developers the 4th post has a screen shot with the Battery line displayed. It is Green until 11%, Red from 10% and Flashing Red from 5%. It is Silver when charging.

pBar is now at version1.5

Haha, yeah I know that feeling all too well. Look around and contemplate the world and the keyboard light doesn't come back on again! Don't think it happens all the time though..

Guest dolbe666
Haha, yeah I know that feeling all too well. Look around and contemplate the world and the keyboard light doesn't come back on again! Don't think it happens all the time though..

thats the default 10 second keyboard backlight. its been like that since keyboards where put on windows mobiles. my qtek 9000 has it so does my Vario and now the TYTN II there is a tweak ive seen to take it upto 30 seconds. i think its tweaks2k.net that has it on one of the options

thats the default 10 second keyboard backlight. its been like that since keyboards where put on windows mobiles. my qtek 9000 has it so does my Vario and now the TYTN II there is a tweak ive seen to take it upto 30 seconds. i think its tweaks2k.net that has it on one of the options

Sure there is a timeout, but when you start typing the lights should come back on again right!? They did on my wizard.

Edited by lozzd

Guest dolbe666
Hey dolbe666, what's this plugin?

post-174863-1195160781_thumb.jpg

thats pocket plus4 with the iphone icons. ive got the icons if you wan them. I cant remember where i got them form but i can upload them if you want

Guest dolbe666
Sure there is a timeout, but when you start typing the lights should come back on again right!? They did on my wizard.

there must be something wrong with your wizard because the same thing is supposed to happen, as soon as you start typing the light comes on.

just turned on my Vario and checked. it does have the light timeout and it does come back on when i use the keyboard

there must be something wrong with your wizard because the same thing is supposed to happen, as soon as you start typing the light comes on.

just turned on my Vario and checked. it does have the light timeout and it does come back on when i use the keyboard

Let me start over. On my Wizard, it worked correctly. If I stopped typing, the lights would go off, as designed, and if I start typing, they come back on.

Not so on my Vario III. I suspect its probably due to the light sensor.

Guest dolbe666
Let me start over. On my Wizard, it worked correctly. If I stopped typing, the lights would go off, as designed, and if I start typing, they come back on.

ok got ya. seems we are always mis understanding each other lol ;)

Guest dave archer

ref the keyboard thing, try

Start>Settings>Buttons>Backlight tab

untick Enable keyboard backlight auto sensor

Yep, I had same issue on my Kaiser (aka Vario III) and disabling the backlight auto sensor as above resolved it (thanks mandt).

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest miketong
hi,

thanks in advance

mrdo!

I had exactly the same issue with Batti crashing my kaiser (TYTN II). I though originally it was an issue with active sync as it would generally happen just after unplugging my phone from the usb. I uninstalled Batti and haven't hada crash since! Did you find a good replacement?