Cracked Screen :-(

Guest sockpuppet

Guest sockpuppet

I had my phone in my pocket and caught the end of a table cracking the screen. There is no damage to the lcd underneath, but a huge crack across the clear screen on top.

I called HTC about buying a replacement and all they would say was it was chargable (when asked what this may cost they refused to give me a price) so I asked if I could buy the parts and they said no!

Does anyone know where I can buy parts for an s710? Has anyone had a chargeable repair done by HTC? How much was it?

Sp

Guest spark9990

i had my repaired it cost £40 in total i think or was it 45? i cant remeber.

20 for labour 5 for postage and 15 for front of case and new rubber cover for usb and card slot.

20 for labour 5 for postage and 15 for front of case and new rubber cover for usb and card slot.

I've seen an OEM case available online, but have no idea how easy/difficult it is to install.

Any idea if those of us in the USA can get HTC to 'repair/replace' the case?

Guest sockpuppet

That sounds quite reasonable, was that from HTC? If so I will probably send it away.

Sp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sockpuppet
maybe ur looking for this :(

Thanks for this

I was going to send it off to HTC and get it done, but my phone has gone down hill since with all the silver starting to peel off around the keyboard housing.

I have ordered a new housing from Ebay and will post the results of my attempt at replacement.

SP

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sockpuppet

I finally recased the phone. It took about 90 mins in all and its all working fine!

The only slight annoyance is that the number pad didn't quite fit as it should.

post-277107-1200750736_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...