Losing huge amounts of internal memory

Guest BorgmanJayce

Guest BorgmanJayce

I've been installing practically all my software onto my microSD card rather than the internal memory [with the exception of certain software like Pocket Plus which is installed onto the internal memory] and lately I've been getting messages saying that I'm running out of memory on the device itself and it turns out that I am even though almost all the software is installed onto the microSD card itself.

Is there any way of fixing this problem as it's really frustrating whenever I try to install programs onto my MDA Touch's memory card...

Guest Neil5459

Have you tried clearing the Pocket Internet Explorer cache? (Menu/Tools/Options/Memory/Delete Files.

As WM does not limit the amount of space the cache takes up, and it is in main memory by default, you can soon run low on memory.

Guest DeanPall

Hi BorgmanJayce,

Have you tried this?

http://www.modaco.com/content/Asus-Jupiter...o-Storage-Card/

It worked wonders for my memory as I've got several hundred emails stored on my Touch. I also found a cab file over on another forum which moves the PIE cache over to your storage card. I guess I cannot post it on here but PM me if you want me to mail it to you. Now when I surf or sync my available memory stays the same!

Guest chucky.egg

You can post the PIE cache CAB here, assuming it's freeware.

In fact if you do a search for "PIE Card Cache" you should find the one Paul made freely available

One thing to check is whether it's RAM (Program Memory) or ROM (Storage Memory) you are short on.

I think the Task Manager app includes a "Memory" option on the menu, which will show you how much RAM you have free.

Things like Pocket Plus use up large amounts of RAM, as do large numbers of Today plugins. Bear in mind that the X button closing apps can be a bad thing - it doesn't necessarily clear all the RAM they were using, so over time (between reboots) repeated use will run it down.

If it is ROM then checking your Internet Explorer cache is a likely solution, but also look at the size of emails (and attachments), ringtones etc. If you can find a copy (I can't post it because it's commercial software, but there is an eval version too) Sprite Space Detective is very useful for finding large files/folders

Guest BorgmanJayce

I'm short on ROM and I'm trying to use a program which I came across called "Pocket Mechanic Professional" to move the folders from within "Program Files" that were installed in there and I know that can be moved to the Storage Card equivalent and the "My Documents" folder to the Storage Card but it doesn't seem to work properly on my MDA Touch whenever I launch a module so I'm trying to find another way to move the folders that I need to move to the Storage Card.

I'm also using Opera Mobile on a trial period instead of PIE although I use PIE every once in a while when there are sites that don't seem to work on Opera Mobile.

As for the PIE cache, I've done a tweak using Tweaks2K2 and the cache for PIE is now on the Storage Card itself but I'm not too sure if it's the same for Opera Mobile where the cache is concerned.

On another note, is it safe to move folders like My Music, My Pictures and My Videos to the Storage Card.

Edited by BorgmanJayce

Guest BorgmanJayce

Is it safe to copy and delete files from the 'Documents and Settings' and 'Application Data' folder in the internal memory and move them to corresponding folders on my memory card?