Unbrand HTC Juno/ T-Mobile Shadow

Guest ExTrEmE

Guest ExTrEmE

Ok, Im not a t-mobile customer but i want the Juno/ Shadow. I want to know if there is going to be a unbranded HTC Firmware out anytime soon? or anytime? I would be using the device with at&t so i dont need the t-mobile apps and programs.

Also i want to know if its possible to get rid of the physical branding if there is any. When i played with the device i only saw a t-mobile logo below the lcd and on the battery cover. Im sure those are replaceable with new housing parts. But will the sugar method work with any of these things?

Guest chaznet

As far as software -- there really isn't much loading in the background, and even with that there's >plenty< of RAM left over. You'd probably want to disable the startup program for the T-Mobile addressbook sync. As far as removing the logo -- don't know. I have the copper version, and looking at it I believe there's a layer of clearcoat over the coppery sparkle finish; and it looks like the logo is under the clearcoat, on top of the 'copper'. I could be wrong though, maybe someone else can confirm this, looks that way to me though...

Ok, Im not a t-mobile customer but i want the Juno/ Shadow. I want to know if there is going to be a unbranded HTC Firmware out anytime soon? or anytime? I would be using the device with at&t so i dont need the t-mobile apps and programs.

Also i want to know if its possible to get rid of the physical branding if there is any. When i played with the device i only saw a t-mobile logo below the lcd and on the battery cover. Im sure those are replaceable with new housing parts. But will the sugar method work with any of these things?

Guest ExTrEmE
It'd be pretty easy to create an unbrand pack, in fact I am 99% sure I am gonna do that ;)

P

If there is a unbranded pack it would be great! But would we need to CID Unlock it? Since there is no unlocker out right now is that even possible?

Also is there any other carrier that carriers this phone or is it only t-mobile? Im going to buy one tonight!

Guest ExTrEmE
No, it'd just be a CAB.

P

Is it possible for you to do? Id be willing to donate for a unbranded pack (haha im that desperate) I dont like branded phones. I would have no use for all the t-mobile apps/logos etc.. I would rather have a full htc branded phone. The only time i unbranded/ flashed phone was the HTC s620 and that was a .exe file to upgrade the firmware.

Edited by ExTrEmE

Guest Paul (MVP)

It is possible of course. There's not actually THAT much T-Mo branding tho.

Aside from the homescreen stuff, dialer, PIE default screen and the dialler... what else is there?

P

Guest chaznet

The TMo addressbook sync, which is easily deleted from the startup folder. Also, the HotSpot stuff. No idea how it loads, but it's always there and pops up when a nearby TMo HotSpot is detected. It's convenient if you use HotSpots, but not necessary (you can log into HotSpots without it) -- would be nice to have it used only when manually run. With all the available RAM though, it doesn't really matter...

It is possible of course. There's not actually THAT much T-Mo branding tho.

Aside from the homescreen stuff, dialer, PIE default screen and the dialler... what else is there?

P

Edited by chaznet

Guest ExTrEmE
The TMo addressbook sync, which is easily deleted from the startup folder. Also, the HotSpot stuff. No idea how it loads, but it's always there and pops up when a nearby TMo HotSpot is detected. It's convenient if you use HotSpots, but not necessary (you can log into HotSpots without it) -- would be nice to have it used only when manually run. With all the available RAM though, it doesn't really matter...

How would i get rid of the t-mobile dialer and the t mobile programs? i could care less for those t-mobile apps

Guest chaznet

Don't know as it doesn't really matter to me if they're there or not. With previous devices RAM was always a strong consideration in getting rid of all the extra stuff, not an issue with the Shadow. Good luck.

How would i get rid of the t-mobile dialer and the t mobile programs? i could care less for those t-mobile apps

Guest ExTrEmE
Don't know as it doesn't really matter to me if they're there or not. With previous devices RAM was always a strong consideration in getting rid of all the extra stuff, not an issue with the Shadow. Good luck.

Do you guys know where to extract the caller screen and keypad screen? i want to photoshop the t-mobile out and make the caller screen the brown design without the t-mobile logo and the keypad screen with a HTC logo on top instead of t-mobile