HTC Wing

Guest m.berliner

Guest m.berliner

Hey guys im a total noob to this site/smart phones. I just purchased an unlocked HTC Wing on ebay that will arrive shortly. I want to make the most of my phone so i was wondering if you guys had any advice/tips/directions in order to do so. Ive been told about orb.com, i signed up and that seemed pretty cool, but if anyone has any other things to add that would be amazing. BTW im not very business oriented, and am looking more for games, texting, internet, etc.

Edit: 1 other thing, is there a way to get Google maps or any other gps type things without having a data plan?

thanks a bunch,

m.berliner

Edited by m.berliner

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul (MVP)

You can have regular GPS apps on the memory card of course, but on the Wing you'll need a GPS connected via Bluetooth too.

Download OperaMini (.com) version 4 (high memory version) for better browsing, pdamill and astraware games are great, and are some of my faves! :(

What kind of things do you like?

P

Guest m.berliner

For some reason ive downloaded some games that are in the format of .exe and .jar. These for some reason are not working on my wing, which is making me upset :D

any tips on how to get past this?

You can have regular GPS apps on the memory card of course, but on the Wing you'll need a GPS connected via Bluetooth too.

Download OperaMini (.com) version 4 (high memory version) for better browsing, pdamill and astraware games are great, and are some of my faves! :(

What kind of things do you like?

P

Guest m.berliner

when somone tells you to do something like this:

HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring\Directory:\ Windows\ => \Storage Card\

what does that mean i have to do?

To Paul: ive heard about ur pool page article, but i am kind of confused as to what page pool is. Ive just recently overclocked my ppc, all in attempts to free up memeory space on the phone. I hear pool page changing does this also, so i was wondering if you could help me, as well as giving me some tips to avoid clogging my phones ram and memory up.

Edited by m.berliner

Guest Paul (MVP)

Overclocking won't free up memory on your device, it'll speed it up (at the expense of a little battery life). Changing page pool is changing how the device's memory is allocated.

That text you posted is a registry entry, a before value and an after value. Use a registry editor to make the change...

P

Guest m.berliner

could you give me quick explanation of page pool size, with what happens when i make it less or more, then ill use ur post to change it

edit: i read your post about page pool, and am very interested in doing it because my memory is getting low at some points, but am very confused and am scared ill mess something up. DO you have an instant messenger that you could help me on further, to make sure i dont break my wing. if you could pm me and ill give u my im info.

thanks a lot,

mike

Edited by m.berliner