SpeedUp my T-Mobile Shadow

Guest elfloj0

Guest elfloj0

Hey, I'm new to the site, and been using Several Tmobile/HTC phone for a while nice, Tmobile Pocket PC, MDA, Das, and now Shadow.

On thing is that they are ALWAYS Slow. how can I speed/overclock my Shadow ?

Thanks,

Alex

there really isnt a way as of yet.

you can shorten the startup and shutdown time though.

(just removes the t-mobile shadow logo from showing up)

and you need a registry editor for that. when you have it, i first recomend app unlocking your phone, the open your registry editor and go to:

HKLM/Software/HTC/startup and delete the value so that only the WAV one is there......then to

HKLM/Software/HTC/shutdown and do the same thing and then reset your phone.

Guest elfloj0
there really isnt a way as of yet.

you can shorten the startup and shutdown time though.

(just removes the t-mobile shadow logo from showing up)

and you need a registry editor for that. when you have it, i first recomend app unlocking your phone, the open your registry editor and go to:

HKLM/Software/HTC/startup and delete the value so that only the WAV one is there......then to

HKLM/Software/HTC/shutdown and do the same thing and then reset your phone.

Thank you :(

Guest elfloj0
OMAPclock should work @ 240MHz...

P

Thank you Paul, I most admit it does speed the phone up quite a bit.

Are there any reprecutions for doing this in the long run ? is it recommended to go any higher than 240 ?

Guest gbenrus25

you could also just delete voicecmd.exe and syncmanager.exe from the /windows/startup folder so they don't startup with your phone. This is obviously if you don't use voice command. syncmanager syncs your phone addressbook with your tmobile addressbook online.

Guest hamsuplo
you could also just delete voicecmd.exe and syncmanager.exe from the /windows/startup folder so they don't startup with your phone. This is obviously if you don't use voice command. syncmanager syncs your phone addressbook with your tmobile addressbook online.

FYI...can't say for voicecmd.exe as I actually use it, but syncmanager.exe will eventually start back up on it's own. I have also deleted the startup link for it but when I open up Celetask (3rd party task manager with processes tab), it's there. It may speed up the reboot process but unfortunately it will start back up later on and stay in memory. :(

Guest gbenrus25
FYI...can't say for voicecmd.exe as I actually use it, but syncmanager.exe will eventually start back up on it's own. I have also deleted the startup link for it but when I open up Celetask (3rd party task manager with processes tab), it's there. It may speed up the reboot process but unfortunately it will start back up later on and stay in memory. :(

I wonder how you can disable myfaves cuz it's always in my task manager also. my5msgcenter.exe, myFavesService.exe

Guest hamsuplo
I wonder how you can disable myfaves cuz it's always in my task manager also. my5msgcenter.exe, myFavesService.exe

Wondering the same myself since I don't have myfaves also. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in that area can come up with a solution. I'm betting it's in the registry somewhere. :(

Guest trickinit
Wondering the same myself since I don't have myfaves also. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in that area can come up with a solution. I'm betting it's in the registry somewhere. :(

I think it's already been posted somewhere in this forum, I just don't remeber exactly where..

EDIT:

Here: http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Juno-Jun...menu-of-links-/

Edited by trickinit

Guest trickinit

P

For some reason, when I set the clock to 240MHz, after a few minutes, it will revert to 186MHz. I can't seem to figure out why..

Is anybody else having this problem?

Guest hamsuplo
I think it's already been posted somewhere in this forum, I just don't remeber exactly where..

EDIT:

Here: http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Juno-Jun...menu-of-links-/

Thanks for the link trickinit...however I don't think we are talking about the same thing. We are talking about the 4 startup processes that tmobile forces on reboots. They are SyncManager.exe (TMobile Address Book Sync), myFavesService.exe (related to MyFaves), My5MsgCenter.exe (related to MyFaves I think), and VoiceCmd.exe (Voice Command). SyncManager.exe and VoiceCmd.exe can be deleted if you go to Windows\StartUp so it will not start up on reboots. However, SyncManager will still start up on it's own after awhile.

For some reason, when I set the clock to 240MHz, after a few minutes, it will revert to 186MHz. I can't seem to figure out why..

Is anybody else having this problem?

Yes trickinit, you (or anybody else) found a fix yet?

Thanks.

P

is OMAPclock freeware trialware?

and I was also wondering if you might know if the registry edits that were supposed to speed the Dash up really worked because I've heard mixed results and don't know who to believe, and that if they do work would they work for the Shadow as well?

Guest badbob001

After looking through the registry and playing around a bit, I still have no idea how the following services are launched:

syncmanager.exe

myfavesservice.exe

my5msgcenter.exe

If I kill these services, they do not come back (as far as I can tell with my limited testing) until a soft reset. So I just install mortscript, copy over the following script to kill each process, and create a shortcut in my Startup.

sleep(60000)

kill("syncmanager.exe")

kill("myfavesservice.exe")

kill("my5msgcenter.exe")

The 60 second sleep is to give enough time for the services to start first.

An alternative is to create blank files called syncmanager.exe, myfavesservice.exe, and my5msgcenter.exe and copy over the originals. But this may be risky since if anything goes wrong, you may need to do a hard-reset to bring those file back. I am able to make copies of the original files so perhaps an undo is possible without a hard-reset.

UPDATE: 12/12/2007: this doesn't REALLY work since eventually, not sure how, some of those services start up again. Ug.

Edited by badbob001

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alboblood4life
Thank you :(

ok im srry but i really dont understand what are u saying can u please explain it better can u give me a website where to download the registry editor and is it on the phone or on the pc with pc sync

• 3 weeks later...
Guest skwissgar

ok, in order to get omapclock to work without giving you and I/O error (in essence, not working), you have to run an app unlocker, right? just tell me where to download the unlocker for the shadow and im good.

Guest Greebster
This doesn't remove the "stick together" graphic from startup. Anyone know how to remove that one?

joram, the Stick Together logo on bootup comes from the boot ROM. It cannot be removed by any means other than a hacked ROM.

Edited by Greebster