How To Overwrite Windows Files??? (Home Screen PNGs Etc..)

Guest MetalSlug

Guest MetalSlug

I have tried everything I can think of and I still can't figure out how to overwrite the homescreen PNGs in the /Windows/ folder. I saw that many others are having the same issue.

Turning off Read Only does nothing but revert right back to Read Only and you can't rename or move the PNGs.

I have tried changing the Home Screen display then restarting the phone so it did not use any of the files I would be replacing and I still had no luck.

My phone is App unlocked also.

If anyone can give any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steven P

Guest the_matrixx
I have tried everything I can think of and I still can't figure out how to overwrite the homescreen PNGs in the /Windows/ folder. I saw that many others are having the same issue.

Turning off Read Only does nothing but revert right back to Read Only and you can't rename or move the PNGs.

I have tried changing the Home Screen display then restarting the phone so it did not use any of the files I would be replacing and I still had no luck.

My phone is App unlocked also.

If anyone can give any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Steven P

I've posted this in a few places. I was having the same problems so I decided to make a cab file out of them. This worked. I've attached a cab file with a green theme.

Neo_Green.cab.zip

Guest trickinit
Is there any way to easily edit the CAB so I can create my own themes?

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out.

Edited by trickinit

Guest hamsuplo

Are you trying to copy the files to the Windows folder using the built in file explorer and via ActiveSync? Those two options would not work. You will need a 3rd party file explorer. I use Resco Explorer but I believe the freeware Total Commander would also work. Give those a try if you haven't already.

Guest badbob001
bump....sry im going crazy here ... i can't overwrite the files in windows, i can't change my icons :( .... please help

You can't overwrite files over activesync. You have to copy the files to a temp location and use a file manager on the device to copy the files over the old ones. Not sure if the built-in file manager would work but works fine with resco explorer.