Touch dual WiFi

Guest adicken

Guest adicken

Ok. I know the touch dual hasn't got WiFi but has anyone cracked this yet to get it enabled? I have used advanced configuration settings to assign button 6 to Wifi, so it now shows in comm manager. Is it soooo difficult to enable it? Or am i really wide of the mark and it is never gonna be available?

:(

Guest Neil5459
Ive heard over on xda developers ..that GPS and wifi are both in hardware but jut not enabled...and apparently theres a guy whos seen both wifi and GPS working on the dual.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=348837

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=345167

Don't hold your breath! Most of those posts are confusing the Touch (which has WLAN in most, but not all, markets) and the Touch Dual.

The same argument raged for ages about the Hermes, which also has the GPS hardware, but cannot be made to work due to lack of motherboard and antenna connections.

Some of the demo Touch Duals did appear to have WLAN (as Paul saw at the HTC Expo) but productions versions don't. Maybe some of the pre-prod devices are still around ?

Don't hold your breath! Most of those posts are confusing the Touch (which has WLAN in most, but not all, markets) and the Touch Dual.

The same argument raged for ages about the Hermes, which also has the GPS hardware, but cannot be made to work due to lack of motherboard and antenna connections.

Some of the demo Touch Duals did appear to have WLAN (as Paul saw at the HTC Expo) but productions versions don't. Maybe some of the pre-prod devices are still around ?

Surely they have the same hardware though as the final units?

I would of thought its just the software side of things that would of changed.

GPS + wifi in the Dual would be a great phone

loving mine at the minute and woud ditch the kaiser in favour of the dual if only GPS and wifi could be enabled.

Edited by J273

• 1 month later...
Guest petencl

According to this expansys forum, the upcoming spectec sdw-823 microSD wifi card will work in the dual, giving it wifi capabilities.

It's frustrating that HTC seem to of left it out to protect sales of it's other handsets rather than trying to build the best handset they could.

Guest Doctor HRH
According to this expansys forum, the upcoming spectec sdw-823 microSD wifi card will work in the dual, giving it wifi capabilities.

It's frustrating that HTC seem to of left it out to protect sales of it's other handsets rather than trying to build the best handset they could.

Any idea of the cost? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, how will it sit practically in the device - will it be sticking out of the side? Someone mentioned an antenna being really small - wondering where this antenna will actually be on the handset?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gasman2
Also, how will it sit practically in the device - will it be sticking out of the side? Someone mentioned an antenna being really small - wondering where this antenna will actually be on the handset?

From this, there doesn't seem to be one! Can that be right?