Shadow case/pouch/protector

Guest tissle

Okay, so I'm the type of guy, who checks his phone regularly for time/messages/and phone calls

now...it's getting annoying to remove the phone out of the stock case every time i need to do something simple as checking the time.

So is there any protectors/case/pouch....that will protect the shadow from scratches but at the same be...clear (mainly the screen being clear) so I can easily check the time and such.

Guest the_matrixx
Okay, so I'm the type of guy, who checks his phone regularly for time/messages/and phone calls

now...it's getting annoying to remove the phone out of the stock case every time i need to do something simple as checking the time.

So is there any protectors/case/pouch....that will protect the shadow from scratches but at the same be...clear (mainly the screen being clear) so I can easily check the time and such.

Try this. I have one and like it. http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/HTCJUSHS.html There's a full cover but I didn't try it. http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/HTCJUSHF.html

Guest trickinit
Try this. I have one and like it. http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/HTCJUSHS.html There's a full cover but I didn't try it. http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/HTCJUSHF.html

I have one as well. I was only going to buy the screen shield, but the store in my mall only had the whole thing. I figured it was worth the extra $10, so I bought the whole thing, and installed it myself (pay them an extra $10 just to install it? Yeah right!) Anyways, I'm really happy with it. It protects my Shadow from just about anything, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Guest the_matrixx
I have one as well. I was only going to buy the screen shield, but the store in my mall only had the whole thing. I figured it was worth the extra $10, so I bought the whole thing, and installed it myself (pay them an extra $10 just to install it? Yeah right!) Anyways, I'm really happy with it. It protects my Shadow from just about anything, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Was the entire shield easy to put on? Does it really protect all od it?

Guest trickinit

It really wasn't too hard at all. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist, so it took me a couple of tries to get it just right, but it turned out really good.

I have a friend that has a green Shadow as well, and hers is actually starting to discolor a little bit on the back. It looks like it's just from being handled, but the green is slowly turning into a copperish color along the corners and edges. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the full shield is protecting mine against that. It covers almost the entire phone, with one exception: The top part that slides up doesn't have anything along the side and top edges. It seems kind of werid to me that they wouldn't make a piece to cover this area, but it may just be too small of an area to do anything about.

Overall though, I'd say it does a great job of protecting my phone. It was definately worth the money.

Guest chaznet

I have the screen-only one, and it works well. I've used the full-body version on another device, and it also worked well. This product protects the device from getting scratched up, but offers no protection should you drop it. Ideally, the screen version with a form-fitted leather case would be ideal for real protection of both scratching up the plastic screen and cushioning the Shadow should it be dropped.

On another note -- so far I've dropped my screen-protected-only Shadow twice, once on asphalt and another time on a hardwood floor. Both impacts were pretty severe. The device is fine, nothing cracked or loosened up that I can tell. The coppery coating is chipped in a couple places, but no rattles, cracks, etc.

Not really an issue as I kinda see the Shadow as an 'in-between' smartphone, a nice diversion until something better comes along :(

Guest Bwana The Iguana

Good thread. So far I have been dropping my Shadow in pants pockets. I try to make sure there's nothing else in my pocket. So far the score is:

Keys 1 - Shadow 0

Credit Card 1 - Shadow 0

One good deep scratch from the car keys and a 1/2 x 1/16" area where the screen coating has been rubbed away (screen looks dull) by a credit card.

Time to buy the protctors I guess. The Shadow screen is about the only thing that doesn't impress me about this phone so far.

Guest chaznet

Definitely a phone you'd want a screen protector for at the time of purchase...

...One good deep scratch from the car keys and a 1/2 x 1/16" area where the screen coating has been rubbed away (screen looks dull) by a credit card.

Time to buy the protctors I guess. The Shadow screen is about the only thing that doesn't impress me about this phone so far.