Annoying issues with Shadow...text alert..

Guest Hed0068

Guest Hed0068

Hey guys, I'm not only new to the forum but to Windows Mobile-and even though I love my Shadow, the little annoyances are getting to me. I have also experienced the lock ups and also the alarm problem (Although I did install SK tools and it seems to clear it up for about a week at a time).

Today a new problem arose that I can't seem to fix: On the home screen where you have the "Message Center" my "Text Messages" are showing "-1 Unread". Minus 1... Also my "Picture Messages" and "Voice Notes" are showing up as "1 Unread". There are no new messages.

I have

*rebooted my phone

*taken out the battery

*Used Sk tools to clean my phone out and the "Bad Notifications"

*cleared out my "Drafts" and "Deleted Items" folder

*sent and recieved a text message

No luck. Any suggestions?

P.S.-If I did indeed do a hard reset, am I going to lose my contacts/pictures/text messages? Like I said, completely new to this and I am fine with Windows, just not on a phone yet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest trickinit
tnx for the help, but i just tried this and it didn't work :( .... anyone else have a solution for this, i really don't want to do a hard reset just for this...

I just had the same problem and am in the middle of hard reseting my phone.. :D

Guest Hed0068
sktools lite (free) has a Delete PIM Information option where you can choose to just clear the SMS database.

http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_lite.html

So I deleted all of my messages with "Delete PIM information" :( and it still says "-1 unread", even though the folder is completely clear. I contacted tech support, and still no luck. I am starting to feel that the phone is more trouble than it's worth. Any other suggestions? I really don't want to have to hard reset my phone over and over again...

Guest trickinit
So I deleted all of my messages with "Delete PIM information" :( and it still says "-1 unread", even though the folder is completely clear. I contacted tech support, and still no luck. I am starting to feel that the phone is more trouble than it's worth. Any other suggestions? I really don't want to have to hard reset my phone over and over again...

Is it saying -1 unread on the picture messages? Because I read somewhere on here that if you just have someone send you another of the same type of message (whether it be video, sound, or picture) it should reset the counter.

Guest Hed0068
yeah this problem just popped up for me today. this is crazy. I REALLY dont want to hard reset this thing, i got it all customized the way i like it. :(

I had read a couple of other places about how after a day or so, it magically resets itself, and sure enough, the next day it was clear. Thank goodness because, like you, I had just gotten my phone situated the way I like it!

I had read a couple of other places about how after a day or so, it magically resets itself, and sure enough, the next day it was clear. Thank goodness because, like you, I had just gotten my phone situated the way I like it!

if i had only read this about 5 minutes earlier, LOL. wow. yeah.

luckily i had copies of all of the apps/themes and such :( except no copies of the edited tzones menu :D

Edited by liht

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hed0068
if i had only read this about 5 minutes earlier, LOL. wow. yeah.

luckily i had copies of all of the apps/themes and such :) except no copies of the edited tzones menu :D

BUMP

Yeah...about two days after the problem cleared up, now I have -5 unread for over a week. I really don't want to do a hard reset every month. What's the point of even customizing your phone you know?

Anyone have any suggestions? I have tried the "Delete Pim Information" and still no luck...