I sold my Eee! I've bought another tho ;)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Original Eee (black) upgraded to 1GB RAM - sold on eBay!

New Eee (black) with 8GB SSD and 1GB RAM - bought on eBay for the same price :D (Taiwan version)

Should be here in about 3 days, I have a XP SP3 slipstreamed installer ready to rock when it gets here.

Of course i'll be videoing the unboxing... :(

P

Guest Matthew Prince

New Eee (black) with 8GB SSD and 1GB RAM - bought on eBay for the same price :D (Taiwan version)

Should be here in about 3 days, I have a XP SP3 slipstreamed installer ready to rock when it gets here.

P

Paul,

Could you reply to my pm please about vista?

Matt

Guest goochy1

P

Could you please explain to me what an EEE is

Thanks

Goochy1

New Eee (black) with 8GB SSD and 1GB RAM - bought on eBay for the same price :( (Taiwan version)

From which ebay seller did you buy it from?

Since Paul (MVP) didnt reply to my question i just browsed on ebay and actually bought myself one too. Its a Black Taiwanese edition with 8gb SSD and 1gb ram. Hopefully it will arrive next week. All i can do is wait in patience and suffer silently for its arrival.

Since Paul (MVP) didnt reply to my question i just browsed on ebay and actually bought myself one too. Its a Black Taiwanese edition with 8gb SSD and 1gb ram. Hopefully it will arrive next week. All i can do is wait in patience and suffer silently for its arrival.

Have you got a link to the seller matey?

Thanks

Guest mmmaiki

I don't know why they only put 8 GB of storage on these though. With hard drives having an increasing storage capacity in a smaller form factor, and cheaper, a HD would make more sense, even if their SSD drive is a little faster.

If an Ipod can have 160GB storage, certainly this computer could have more than 8!

No way to put a HD on one of these?

I didn't read all the details yet--what expansion ports does it have--USB, Firewire, PCMCIA, memory card slots?

You should read through the item description again and carefully.

Well i cant seem to get you link to work...so i searched using the words in the url you posted and could only find white.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bootaonline

P

how much custom duty and vat you have to pay and what was the total value declared on the parcel for custom and vat and duty etc... was it marked as a gift or sample

how much custom duty and vat you have to pay and what was the total value declared on the parcel for custom and vat and duty etc... was it marked as a gift or sample

Got my E-PC and has been quite sometime now. Same seller in black as ive said. I didnt have to pay no custom charges. Why? coz i told them to mark as a gift and lower the price of what its worth, which there happy to do so.

Guest bootaonline
Got my E-PC and has been quite sometime now. Same seller in black as ive said. I didnt have to pay no custom charges. Why? coz i told them to mark as a gift and lower the price of what its worth, which there happy to do so.

what was the total value declared on the parcel for custom and vat and duty.

what was the total value declared on the parcel for custom and vat and duty.

I'm not sure but i requested for them to say its worth £45 or less. They wrote that its a toy so either way since i had to pay nothing for customs, it did the job. I am happy although i must say the postage they charged was slighlty over what i expected it to be.

• 2 months later...
Guest eeecop

lawl, let me guess whats your next move...

your gonna buy an Eee black 900?

lol and your most likely gonna get the 12G one? with a 2G ram drive?

:D

Guest eeecop

lawl, let me guess whats your next move...

your gonna buy an Eee black 900?

lol and your most likely gonna get the 16G one? with a 2G ram drive?

:D

Edited by eeecop