Photo

New! Full 'HTC Live Home' for S710/E650 as on S730.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

prajith

prajith

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Devices:HTC Vox
thanks looby it works great

HTC Vox
ThinkPan.com

fraqture

fraqture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Vox, Mio A701
First of all, thanks for the excellent work Looby. A long time I have been waiting for a homescreen with those looks and all the functionality. :(

What I don't quite understand though is how I'm supposed to use the contacts tab on the homescreen? I've assigned a contact to each slot, but are they there for display purposes only? Because I cannot select each photo individually, I can only press the action button to display the list of contact slots.

wizgnome

wizgnome

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
  • Twitter:@wizgnome
No problem with the Home screen, looks really nice, but why not show tasks as well as the schedule??

Something like this perhaps:

<!-- Facade Plugin: Tab bar -->
<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" id="FacadeTabBar" type="TabBar" viewId="FacadeView" height="26" >
<format padding-bottom="2" textIndent="2"/>
<tabs>
<view padding-top="0" padding-left="4"/>
<tab type="Schedule" action="Calendar" textIndent="6" font-size="15" font-weight="bold">

</tab>
<tab type="Tasks" action="Tasks" textIndent="6" font-size="15" font-weight="bold">
</tab>
</tabs>
</plugin>
<!-- Facade Plugin View: This is the view that shows the info for each tab -->
<plugin clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" id="FacadeView" height="60" landscapeHeight="2"/>

I have had the reboot problem with the SD card previously.

I did manage to get it to boot with the SD card in by doing various things:

When I first had the problem switching to flight mode before a reboot fixed the problem.
Then after installing some other software it would only reboot with the SD card in if I first ran "SK Tools" to clear duplicates in the notification list and selected a home screen which did not access the SD card (including the MRU list) such as "Windows Simple".

Then when I installed the Office 6.1 update the problem appeard to go away.

Now that I have installed Facade for your homescreen I have have not managed to get it to boot with the SD card inserted.

I assume its a bug in the SD card driver - after reading other posts elsewhere I think that later rom versions may have fixed the problem.

psudo

psudo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC s710

Thanx, that worked, it restarted fine :-)
Lets find out what went wrong

Mines doing the excact same thing, boot looping forever until SD is out. Started after installed the .cab and moved the files to home folder as explained. A minor bug perhaps, but not at longhaul solution...
/Psudo

birdibird

birdibird

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (OLED UK), HTC S710
worked perfect here! :D

'cause I have no facade, I deleted that and added the calendar plugin from your smarttouch homescreen.
Also copied the little icon row from there

Maybe you make a version like that for the pplz who don't have facade?
keep up the good work!!!!
:(

Edited by birdibird, 20 December 2007 - 12:02 PM.

Looby

Looby

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch Diamond
It seems to me that ALL homescreen plugins including Facade must be installed to the DEVICE not the storage card to reboot correctly. :(

Mark Ludgate

Mark Ludgate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:HTC s310
Great Work Looby

jamin100

jamin100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend

worked perfect here! :D

'cause I have no facade, I deleted that and added the calendar plugin from your smarttouch homescreen.
Also copied the little icon row from there

Maybe you make a version like that for the pplz who don't have facade?
keep up the good work!!!!
:(

I'd love that version . . . Could you possibly upload the modified files birdibird ???

dendirk

dendirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
this is awesome great work guys

”Sir! We are surrounded!” - ”Excellent! We can attack in any direction!”

dendirk

dendirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

this is awesome great work guys

Anyone has the contacts working on the today screen ? i can see my contacts but cannot click on them ?

i also had the looping restarts untill i removed the SD card, and all my files are on the device nothing is on the sd card .

Maybe you can fix these little things Loopby ,

Anyway great work

Edited by dendirk, 21 December 2007 - 02:41 PM.

jamin100

jamin100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend

Anyone has the contacts working on the today screen ? i can see my contacts but cannot click on them ?

i also had the looping restarts untill i removed the SD card, and all my files are on the device nothing is on the sd card .

Anyway great work

I cant click them either. Am i supposed to be able to add a picture for each contact?

dendirk

dendirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I cant click them either. Am i supposed to be able to add a picture for each contact?

you can add a contact here press start then click on the my people icon

Samsonite

Samsonite

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:gadgets, motorcycles
  • Devices:QtekS100, E650, Touch Dual
Looby

great screens!! i have modified the black one to have a single Facade line visible and have the standard MRU plugin just below the CommManager plugin... i am wondering why i cant get the Facade launcher to activate on the screen but hey ho....

one thing i have noticed is that the Audio Manager is now busted! It plays music ok but the screen is all black apart from the text of the track and album information (and the %vol setting) but when the display changes to show the details of the next track, the existing text doesnt clear and the new characters overwrite them leaving a mash of letters! after two or three track changes, you have a smear of white instead of readable text!! any ideas? is this a result of the homescreen or is this just another reason for me to Hard Rest and rebuild the whole phone!?!?! :(

if your phone doesnt do this then i'm happy to agree that its my phone but it did only start doing it after i installed these screens..
not gonna stop me using your screens tho - easily the most functional and crisp looking i have seen for a long time!

DAK ATTACK

DAK ATTACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Devices:SPV E650 and HP 6915
The HTC plugin is contained in the Cab, made by a XDA member: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=351441

Looby has simply done a good job of amending the original HTC theme that uses the plugin to use Facade and more.

I am experiencing the issue of the My people application opening and then closing without leeting me do anything.

PS: There is a newer version of the cab at XDA that is smaller but still has this issue.

Regarding the audio manager issue, I have not heard of this, try reverting to another homescreen and test again. If the issue is there still remove the cab (HTCgegory) and then test the audio manager, if the issue is still there then its likely not due to Looby's skin.

Dak

-PEBKAC: Problem Exists between keyboard and chair
Past devices: Psion 5 MX, Philips Nino, HP545, HP548, iPAQ 3600, iPAQ 2210, SPVc500, Qtek 9100, and now a HP6915 and a SPV E650.

dendirk

dendirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

The HTC plugin is contained in the Cab, made by a XDA member: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=351441

Looby has simply done a good job of amending the original HTC theme that uses the plugin to use Facade and more.

I am experiencing the issue of the My people application opening and then closing without leeting me do anything.

PS: There is a newer version of the cab at XDA that is smaller but still has this issue.

Regarding the audio manager issue, I have not heard of this, try reverting to another homescreen and test again. If the issue is there still remove the cab (HTCgegory) and then test the audio manager, if the issue is still there then its likely not due to Looby's skin.

Dak

Any chance that HTC is upgrading this phone with the homeplugin in a next firmware?

Looby

Looby

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
You are right Samsonite, there does seem to be an issue with Audio Manager. There is a later CAB that resolves this issue and I will be amending the original download shortly.

The ammended theme is now online. I would like to point out I have been in email contact with SGregory from the beginning and have his full permission to use the CAB. Thanks everyone for your feedback and support ...looby.

Edited by Looby, 21 December 2007 - 07:21 PM.

dendirk

dendirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

You are right Samsonite, there does seem to be an issue with Audio Manager. There is a later CAB that resolves this issue and I will be amending the original download shortly.

The ammended theme is now online. I would like to point out I have been in email contact with SGregory from the beginning and have his full permission to use the CAB. Thanks everyone for your feedback and support ...looby.

Great job :( can i do something about the continioes looping when restarting besides pulling the sd card out?

Looby

Looby

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Great job :D can i do something about the continioes looping when restarting besides pulling the sd card out?

Hi dendirk, I cannot work out why this seems to happen unless you have some other application on your device. It doesn't seem to be affecting many devices. I did see on the SBSH site (Facade) that the Administrator said that all plugins with a homescreen connection should be installed on the device as when booting it can sometimes not retrieve files from the storage card fast enough. Maybe Paul can shed some light on this issue :(

Edited by Looby, 21 December 2007 - 08:54 PM.

Rolandhurt01

Rolandhurt01

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710

Anyway great work

I'm using the Gregory cab version of the HTC Home, all the contacts tab is, is a launcher plugin for the My people
application. Have the same reboot problem with the Gregory cab version of the HTC Homescreen.

Roland

HTc Vox and Dr. martin Gonzo's WM6.1 v1.0a ROM

Moblogtek

Moblogtek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:HTC S710
Well. As I did not use 'Facade', I removed this plugin definitly. And replaced it by the 'SmartMonitor'.
Then, mine is working very well even with the SD card inside. I did not have any problem with the reboot.

Thanks for the transfer of this beautiful plugin on the HTC Vox.

That said, here is my plugin with 'Smartmonitor' and others.

Attached File  HTC_001.png   39.84KB   41 downloads

Attached File  HTC_002.png   33.74KB   29 downloads

PS: Some corrections has been done. I removed the VOIP plugin. And SmartMonitor is now in english.
This is the new file.

Attached File  Home_and_Images_files.rar   111.09KB   286 downloads

1- First, install the Blue Looby Theme.
2- Then install the SmartMonitor plugin. You will find it HERE
3- Extract the rar and put all the files in the right folder.
That's all.

Thanks.

Edited by Moblogtek, 23 December 2007 - 01:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users