HTC Vox ROM on SPV E650

Guest bulj

I desperately would like to flash my SPV E650 in favour of a better performing smertphone however, as Orange are useless and do not release updated ROM's (even though newer ROM's do exist) I'd like to try and flash the phone with the latest HTC ROM and configure Orange settings manually. I'm a little edgy about flashing the phone though, should I be able to obtain a relevant ROM, without first hearing of other peoples experiences doing this. Soo, has anyone tried this before?

One problem that I have is that I cannot obtain an HTC ROM because I do not have an HTC phone and therefore cannot register my phone via HTC site, thus being able to obtain the required ROM. If anyone knows of a way that I can solve this problem I'd be interested in hearing from you. Asking for a ROM is not the purpose of this thread I must say, I'm more intersted in hearing about other peoples expereince along the same lines.

Guest recallarena

Hi Bulj,

I have the same problem well...not anymore because i have rom 1.15 installed now this one is better dan the orange one.

Still i also want the latest one from htc but I have seen dat on xda forum the ara 1.27 rom is online and this one is stable and modified.

Flashing is quitte simple but take the time and read carefully...

Goodluck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah so I flashed with:

HTC_Vox_ARA_1.27.415.4_4.1.13.47_02.98.90.exe

The only problem I had was that I was too stupid to work out my input language was Arabic by default (chars just show as empty squares!), which took seconds to sort in the end thanks to a helpful chap at XDA dev forums. Apart from that my former E650 is now a faster, more reliable, less buggy and to my aged ears, louder than it was before. It's pretty much an S710 now which can't be bad. The keyboard switch is even quicker with less stutter in the sound.

A word of advice to anyone doing the same - If your going to dump the ROM for safety, backup any local/user settings/files (texts for example) seperately as the ROM dump will not save these apparently.

Guest userpulsar
Yeah so I flashed with:

HTC_Vox_ARA_1.27.415.4_4.1.13.47_02.98.90.exe

The only problem I had was that I was too stupid to work out my input language was Arabic by default (chars just show as empty squares!), which took seconds to sort in the end thanks to a helpful chap at XDA dev forums. Apart from that my former E650 is now a faster, more reliable, less buggy and to my aged ears, louder than it was before. It's pretty much an S710 now which can't be bad. The keyboard switch is even quicker with less stutter in the sound.

A word of advice to anyone doing the same - If your going to dump the ROM for safety, backup any local/user settings/files (texts for example) seperately as the ROM dump will not save these apparently.

Year for German User look for

RUU_Vox_HTC_GER_1.34.407.1_4.1.13.54_03.10.90_Ship

cu pulsar