TomTom 5(.2) on S730 ?

Guest Pilou78

Guest Pilou78

Hello,

Has anyone succefully installed TomTom 5 (or 5.2) on his S730 (or TyTN 2). I got the original CDs that worked fine on my HP6315, my S710 but refused to be installed (Cab not "destinated" to this device).

Could install version 6 but my maps are not recognised (would rather buy a standalone GPS than new maps) and I need the fakecursor trick. Don't think application security is the cause but I am afraid version 5 has not been compiled for ARM11.

Thanks in advance for your advices, Philippe.

Hello,

Has anyone succefully installed TomTom 5 (or 5.2) on his S730 (or TyTN 2). I got the original CDs that worked fine on my HP6315, my S710 but refused to be installed (Cab not "destinated" to this device).

Could install version 6 but my maps are not recognised (would rather buy a standalone GPS than new maps) and I need the fakecursor trick. Don't think application security is the cause but I am afraid version 5 has not been compiled for ARM11.

Thanks in advance for your advices, Philippe.

Yes. It works fine after I changed to a S730 from a Qtek 8310 (dead joystick). I did not reinstall though. Just copied the content of my old storage card to the new one. Added value is that you keep all settings, stored addresses, etc.

Bon courage.

Edited by wetete

Guest madferret

I had TT5.2 on an old C500 so I copied the files to a new micro sd card. A bit worried when asked for an activation key but no problem generating one at the the TT web site from my original product key.

Much clearer and readable with the QVGA screen and gives battery & sat info in the route screen that wasn't there before. I needed to pair the TT GPS with my phone before it was recognised (COM4, no passcode) but now works every time. It also works with Google Maps.

Guest Pilou78

Thanks to both of you for the tip !

I could copy the map from the HP6315 SD + the /program files/Navigator and /TomTom folders and it can indeed be launched but requires a touch screen interface !

Removing navigator.cfg only start with language screen selection and it is probably in data.chk or navigator.exe but I to find an other smartphone (I lost my S710) without touch screen to reinstall.

I still don't understand why I can't reinstall it (Microsoft security tools is confirming it is not application lock, try different security removal softwares) from the CD or cab ?

Cheers, Philippe.

Edited by Pilou78

Guest paholman
Thanks to both of you for the tip !

I could copy the map from the HP6315 SD + the /program files/Navigator and /TomTom folders and it can indeed be launched but requires a touch screen interface !

Removing navigator.cfg only start with language screen selection and it is probably in data.chk or navigator.exe but I to find an other smartphone (I lost my S710) without touch screen to reinstall.

I still don't understand why I can't reinstall it (Microsoft security tools is confirming it is not application lock, try different security removal softwares) from the CD or cab ?

Cheers, Philippe.

You need the MOBILE version of TomTom 5.2 not a Pocket PC version unless you can somehow use FakeCursor or other 3rd party app to use the touch screen interface

Guest Pilou78
You need the MOBILE version of TomTom 5.2

Thanks for pointing this :( , I remember I had to get the navigator 5 CD but this was only to get the maps : everything works fine now with mobile 5.2 (apart the LCD backlight bug but the same spWZTool I used on S710 is working also on the S730).

Philippe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pilou78
have you modded your S730 phones or does GPS work if you just install TomTom? And btw, does the phone get hot or so when using the GPS?

My solder pan is ready to make the internal GPS work once someone confirm it is possible but so far, I am using a Bluetooth GPS (noticed that this phone get indeed hot after few minutes call, probably the 3G+ chipset).

Guest madferret

I use the TomTom BT unit supplied with the original software package. The BT unit also works fine with Google Maps and Windows Live Search. It fits easily in a pocket so not having the built in GPS isn't a big pain (though it would be nice to have :).